Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th June 2008, 17:19   #1561

hey guys ... a very very good day. I have joined recently and just by reading the posts I can assure myself of a complete new beginning in the automotive field...its been a real brain teaser.

Currently looking for some advice on car audio systems.

Car: Swift
Budget - 11K-12K

HU: Pioneer (looking at the DEH-P4050 or DEH-P5050)...please suggest which is better and also do recommend based on the pocket size i have mentioned.

Speakers: contacted some car accessory guys and they gave the following options:

Option 1:
Front:GT5650C (6 " JBL Components)
Rear: GT 5652 (6" JBL Normal)

Option 2:
Front: GTO 637 (JBL comps, 3 way, 300W, inbuilt tweeter)
Rear: GT 5652 (6" JBL Normal)

Option 3:
They suggested a Blaupunkt IC122 (2 way, 300W, inbuilt tweeter). Offer @ 3400 for all 4 doors. Looks dicey to me but dont know a tad bit of it so cannot say anything !

Last edited by aah78 : 19th June 2008 at 20:54. Reason: Excessive dots removed. Post merged with existing thread.
rohan_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 23:01   #1562
BHPian

Smile

heya gurus of ice.

Looking for a good dual din player for my swift, speakers too. Have an old amp which my ice guy said he could use and get good output, pls suggest.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2008 at 23:08.
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 10:49   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_mustang View Post
Car: Swift
Budget - 11K-12K
Rohan, is the budget an all-time limit or do you intend to gradually build up your system? Though your plan is not bad, may be you could do better by building your system stage by stage.

The HU part is OK, though this will fit in your budget only without bill and warranty. If you want with bill & warranty, Pio will cost much more. Alternatives with b&w are Blaupunkt, Kenwood and JVC, even Sony.

Get a better pair of components in front, and do only that in Stage 1 along with the HU. Audition the speakers before settling for a brand / model. The alternatives could be (around 6K or less) Blaupunkt ODc/THc, JBL GTO, Illusion Electra, Polk db, Hertz DSK, Bull Audio, SoundStream, etc.

After you get used to the sound, and figure out what else you need, in Stage 2 you could think of adding either 2-way coaxes in the door or 6x9 ovals on a parcel shelf, to complement the front components.

Stage 3 could be adding amp(s) and sub, if you feel the need.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 10:58   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Looking for a good dual din player for my swift, speakers too. ...
In the Products section, there are a couple of threads discussing 2DIN HUs - check them out.
* Depending on what you want, there are JVC, Pio and Sony 2DIN models
* Keep in mind that 2DIN HUs are at least twice the cost of 1DIN DVD HUs
* If you are not into watching video in the car, better go for a 1DIN CD model
* If you want video, the alternative is a 1DIN DVD HU and an external screen

For the speakers and all, you need to specify a budget - which you can do after looking at the prices of the 2DIN HUs.
Old 20th June 2008, 17:08   #1565
bhp
BHPian

Question help

I am planning to have basic setup in a swift vdi..only speakers and a decent HU..my budget is around 15-20 k..

if incase i get speakers/components only in the front and rear door and not on the rear tray will the sound quality and volume be good enough OR should i go with rear speakers on tray and a pair of front speakers.. which combo should be the best ?

i need help from the guru's
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 18:19   #1566
Senior - BHPian

unless you'll be travelling in the rear seat a lot, doesnt make sense to invest much for the rears.
a pair of 6" comps in front ( you'll need spacers to install them), 6x9's in the rear ( brands- JBL, Blaupunkt,illusion, hertz, bull - depending on your taste in music ) should do. remember to throw ina .75" MDF tray for the rear
HU - (alpine /Pioneer, Pioneer if you want features( usb/aux in etc) , Alpine for sheer SQ )
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2008, 10:59   #1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Rohan, is the budget an all-time limit or do you intend to gradually build up your system? Though your plan is not bad, may be you could do better by building your system stage by stage.

The HU part is OK, though this will fit in your budget only without bill and warranty. If you want with bill & warranty, Pio will cost much more. Alternatives with b&w are Blaupunkt, Kenwood and JVC, even Sony.

Get a better pair of components in front, and do only that in Stage 1 along with the HU. Audition the speakers before settling for a brand / model. The alternatives could be (around 6K or less) Blaupunkt ODc/THc, JBL GTO, Illusion Electra, Polk db, Hertz DSK, Bull Audio, SoundStream, etc.

After you get used to the sound, and figure out what else you need, in Stage 2 you could think of adding either 2-way coaxes in the door or 6x9 ovals on a parcel shelf, to complement the front components.

Stage 3 could be adding amp(s) and sub, if you feel the need.
Thanks for the advice. I do plan to upgrade the system at later stages, but as of now just thinking of putting in the HU with front JBL comps and read normal 6" JBL. Will check out more options on the way and squeeze a better deal.
rohan_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 03:49   #1568
BHPian

Default ICE Upgrade

Please gurus can you clarify some of my doubts.....Please. The thread is posted on 17th.
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 11:18   #1569
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Blaupunkt ICE setup for Swift

Hi to all Car gurus.

I have selected the below listed ICE components. Kindly suggest if this is a good one, or needs some changes.

Rather suggest me the best configuration for the front and rear speakers along with a HU which has USB interface.

No Vitamin M for the Amplifier and sub woofers for the time being.

All the below are from Blaupunkt.

Model/MakeKingston MP47GTx 693 (3-Way, 6 x 9" Oval)BGx 402 (2-Way, 100 mm)

Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th June 2008 at 11:49. Reason: Removed Font tags
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 11:39   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Please gurus can you clarify some of my doubts... The thread is posted on 17th.
Your selection of equipment is perfect.
Quote:
Interlink : Monster 3 pairs preferably XLN series. (Can anyone confirm that we can get them at Sprocket) Just don't buy Boss, JBL etc. Even Scosche will do. Availability only Sprocket can confirm
Amp wiring : Monster or Audision based on availability.(which one is better?) If you mean power wiring, you could use Finolex or any other good cable made in India
Damping: Budgeted but I don't know whether they can do that in Sprocket. Even if they don't have it, get Noisekill (PM B&T) or Dynamat or any other brand that you can get (check the damping thread). There are enough pics here that you can show them what to do
So the doubts from the point of installations are:
1. My installation currently has the components crossovers inside the door panels, ... Leave them be, doubt if you need to meddle with them
Another point would be can I route the speaker and tweeter (fixed on the door panel) cables through the cable harness. ... Should I route the cables to each individual door directly and try to push them through the cable harness. No, lay them along the harness if you want. Don't try to force them through the harness. Leave the original wires in place

2. Should we mount a additional mdf ring under the components, ... Better. The MDF ring brings the mid-bass closer to the grill, eliminating the gap

3. What should be the appropriate setting on the crossover. ... Unless you feel the tweeters are too shrill for your liking, don't do anything. If they are, set them to -3dB

4. What electricals should I use for connecting these Amps, ... Separate 8AWG will do for the amps. For brand see above.

5. I want to fix both my amps to be placed under the front seats. ... You could. The alternatives are behind the rear seat or on the sides of the boot (see how Bhagwan has done it in his Swift)
8. Where can I get the damping material ... just for the SQ and Crisp sound which I am interested in. Damping eliminates noise, buzzes and rattles. It does not improve SQ or meddle with the sound
Old 27th June 2008, 18:54   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Your selection of equipment is perfect.
deralte, there is one small change i would like to make to his setup, that is the sub, i would personally recommend JBL GTO 1204D the dual voice coil sub in a custom box, rather than the SVC, he is going to run it off a mono right?

so why not get a DVC instead to get that power punch?

well i have the older series mono the JBL GTO 301.1 and i am little tired of searching for that sub now, guess what i finally found one now and but mann me VitaminM is low at the moment! damn! will buy it ASAP.

Last edited by rider60 : 27th June 2008 at 18:59.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 19:11   #1572
BHPian

Hi Rider,

Thanks for the advice, I have already spent 60 days of sleepless night to get all the vitamin M (from 10k to 50k) for that kind of configuration. And if you ask me to get some more then I need to check for another vitamin W(Wife) instead of Vitamin M.

But I am specially interested in getting the JBL built box as I have seen the build quality and the sound of the Bass Reflex. I am not so Boomy guy. I just wanted to have some real SQ. Hence the SVC.

Anyhow at a later date when I go for another car, then I can get some really nice sub woofer.

Thats the intention.
Old 27th June 2008, 19:45   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rider,

Thanks for the advice, I have already spent 60 days of sleepless night to get all the vitamin M (from 10k to 50k) for that kind of configuration. And if you ask me to get some more then I need to check for another vitamin W(Wife) instead of Vitamin M.

But I am specially interested in getting the JBL built box as I have seen the build quality and the sound of the Bass Reflex. I am not so Boomy guy. I just wanted to have some real SQ. Hence the SVC.

Anyhow at a later date when I go for another car, then I can get some really nice sub woofer.

Thats the intention.

well if you concerned about the vitamin M the DVC in a custom box will cost lesser.

and if really like the sound from the bass reflex then its your choice!

any way happy ICING! and when do i get a audition?
Old 27th June 2008, 23:44   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well if you concerned about the vitamin M the DVC in a custom box will cost lesser.

and if really like the sound from the bass reflex then its your choice!

any way happy ICING! and when do i get a audition?
Thats what I need help from you gurus to get the stuff done first. You said you will let me know where I can get the JBL stuff at cheaper price than sprocket. I PMed SAM but he hasn't replied yet. So once back to India I will give you a call and then I take your help to get the things.

So then probably we can have audition.
Old 28th June 2008, 03:40   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I need help from you gurus to get the stuff done first. You said you will let me know where I can get the JBL stuff at cheaper price than sprocket. I PMed SAM but he hasn't replied yet. So once back to India I will give you a call and then I take your help to get the things.

So then probably we can have audition.
sure lets see what we can do.