Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th July 2008, 15:57   #1636
BHPian

I got it Bhai.. Have already PM him and got his phone number and location. will drop into his showroom as quick as possible. Rest all will speak to BR316 and install ICE and will get back here with more pics.
Endofdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 20:04   #1637
Senior - BHPian

HI, Can anyone explain me these few things as i am quiet an alien in this department
The usage of the following -
  • Direct AUX-in by mini jack (rear)
USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed) *
iPod direct connection (Optional: use with CD-IU50)
Bluetooth adapter ready
Rotary Commander
Direct Sub Drive
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 09:19   #1638
BHPian

Hi,

You can check few of the stuff in the Technical Glossary thread. Just one liners for speedy reference.

Direct AUX-in by mini jack (rear) - You can connect from your MP3/Walkman/ or another audio source using stereo cable just the way you connect the headphones or mike to a computer.

USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed) - You can connect USB drives like pen drive or HDD drive using the USB cable or just plug-in directly.

Pod direct connection (Optional: use with CD-IU50) : This indicates that your HU is IPOD ready. You can use the IPOD cable to directly plug into the HU using the cable provided by IPOD. In this case instead of connecting to PC you will be connecting to HU. This can be used to charge your IPOD too.

Bluetooth adapter ready : You have connect a Bluetooth adaptor (which usually connects at the rear using the IP-Bus). This is an additional equipment which has to be purchased separately.

Rotary Commander : This is just like dial (joystick) kind of thing available which can be moved to clicked at center, top, left, right, bottom as well as can be rotated as the volume knob. So lots of features in one single knob.

Direct Sub Drive: This means that you can drive the sub woofer using it wwithout any additional amplifier, but it won't be able to generate the power required to get the full potential of the sub connected.

You are sitting next to an audio expert.....LBM is watching you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
HI, Can anyone explain me these few things as i am quiet an alien in this department
The usage of the following -
  • Direct AUX-in by mini jack (rear)
USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed) *
iPod direct connection (Optional: use with CD-IU50)
Bluetooth adapter ready
Rotary Commander
Direct Sub Drive
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 14:15   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hi,

You can check few of the stuff in the Technical Glossary thread. Just one liners for speedy reference.

Direct AUX-in by mini jack (rear) - You can connect from your MP3/Walkman/ or another audio source using stereo cable just the way you connect the headphones or mike to a computer.

USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed) - You can connect USB drives like pen drive or HDD drive using the USB cable or just plug-in directly.

Pod direct connection (Optional: use with CD-IU50) : This indicates that your HU is IPOD ready. You can use the IPOD cable to directly plug into the HU using the cable provided by IPOD. In this case instead of connecting to PC you will be connecting to HU. This can be used to charge your IPOD too.

Bluetooth adapter ready : You have connect a Bluetooth adaptor (which usually connects at the rear using the IP-Bus). This is an additional equipment which has to be purchased separately.

Rotary Commander : This is just like dial (joystick) kind of thing available which can be moved to clicked at center, top, left, right, bottom as well as can be rotated as the volume knob. So lots of features in one single knob.

Direct Sub Drive: This means that you can drive the sub woofer using it wwithout any additional amplifier, but it won't be able to generate the power required to get the full potential of the sub connected.

You are sitting next to an audio expert.....LBM is watching you.....
Thanks for the info.
Likewise am using a Nokia N95 8gb which has currently got aroung 2-3k songs, Can i connect it through a USB cable to the Usb drive and run music in car?
I know am sitting next to him(LBM) and gonna take his Gr8 advice when am gonna ICE my car.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:04   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Likewise am using a Nokia N95 8gb which has currently got aroung 2-3k songs, Can i connect it through a USB cable to the Usb drive and run music in car?
I know am sitting next to him(LBM) and gonna take his Gr8 advice when am gonna ICE my car.
Harsh, I am not sure if the HU is going to recognize the phone as just USB drive as it is done by a PC. Because most of the HU would recognize the USB drives which are mostly FAT formatted. If it does then it would be great thing as you can browse using the HU.

If you want to really use this setup in your car, then the alternate way would be connect the stereo out (headphones plug) on the phone to the Aux-in of the HU and select the songs from the phone.
Old 7th August 2008, 17:10   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Harsh, I am not sure if the HU is going to recognize the phone as just USB drive as it is done by a PC. Because most of the HU would recognize the USB drives which are mostly FAT formatted. If it does then it would be great thing as you can browse using the HU.

If you want to really use this setup in your car, then the alternate way would be connect the stereo out (headphones plug) on the phone to the Aux-in of the HU and select the songs from the phone.
Now thats an option i would like to try. My cousin has got Pio 7950 in his car so this weekend will give this a try and see if its successful.
Old 8th August 2008, 10:12   #1642
BANNED

Default ICE for SWIFT ( Really Confused )

Dear Team,

I have gone through lot of Audio threads on this forum but still I am confused about ICE. My cousin has bought Swift Vxi, he has a budget of 10k ( 2k + ) and wanted to get ICE installed, looking at his budget I have recommended Pioneer 4950 ( cost 5.5 k in Baroda ) , can you suggest me speakers in rear and front in remaining 5/6k, he likes simple all types of music.

T I A
Jitendra
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 10:56   #1643
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the following setup:

Pioneer 3050UB - 5400/-
Illusion Audio EL62 - 3990/-
JBL 937 - 3200-3400/-
Speaker Rings/Boxes/Wires - 500/-
Approx Total : 13300/- full set

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 11:02   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Get either JBL GT5 series (GT5-650C and GT5-652) or Blaupunkt GT series (GTc662 + GTx663) - components for front and coaxials for the rear doors. Bass would not be too great, but he would save on the cost and hassle of the parcel tray for 6x9 coaxes.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 11:41   #1645
BANNED

Hi ramie and DerAlte,

Thx for suggestions Pioneer 3050UB looks great deal.

Can you pls confirm about Illusion Audio EL62 - 3990/- & JBL 937 - 3200-3400/-

Illusion Audio EL62 - 3990/ : These are front speakers right ? Illusion is the company name it self like we have Sony and Pioneer ?

JBL 937 - 3200-3400/- : JBL 937 is for rear right ? it wont w/o box? Can i fit these in rear parcel tray ? after fitting in parcel tray will I get proper / nice effect ?

Also can you suggest other option incase these speakers are not available in Baroda ( in same or lesser budget) ?

By the way any idea what is the cost rear- parcel ?
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 13:43   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Hi ramie and DerAlte,

Thx for suggestions Pioneer 3050UB looks great deal.

Can you pls confirm about Illusion Audio EL62 - 3990/- & JBL 937 - 3200-3400/-

Illusion Audio EL62 - 3990/ : These are front speakers right ? Illusion is the company name it self like we have Sony and Pioneer ?

JBL 937 - 3200-3400/- : JBL 937 is for rear right ? it wont w/o box? Can i fit these in rear parcel tray ? after fitting in parcel tray will I get proper / nice effect ?

Also can you suggest other option incase these speakers are not available in Baroda ( in same or lesser budget) ?

By the way any idea what is the cost rear- parcel ?
Hi Jitendra,

I would suggest to for Illusion EL62 or JBL607c (Rs 4400) at the front and JBL 937 at the rear in a parcel tray. They are really a great combination.

The rear parcel should cost you any where between 800 to 1200. I am not sure if you can get the Maruti rear parcel tray which comes with ZXi. But if you want to put 6X9 then I would suggest go for the MDF one.

This setup is really nice and your friend will really enjoy it.
Old 9th August 2008, 14:13   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Yes you can. I do connect my Nokia N95 (standard) to my Pio 4050 HU. Nokia N series phones pops-up a menu item when connected via USB. It allows us to choose the mode of the phone -

PC Suite
Data Transfer
Image Print
Media Player

Out of which, Data Transfer is the mode of USB mass storage device. So, plug the N95 to your HU, choose Data Transfer mode from pop-up. You will get the phone memory as a USB device in HU.

But as vrraju said, my N95 std has a memory card which in FAT format. For N958GB, it is built in memory and I have no idea of the file system format. So, try the above method. If it is FAT, then you will be able to play. And one more thing, if USB works, don't go for aux-in. Aux-in will be never as good as USB. While Aux-in deals with an external player and only amplifies it, USB will be using the HU player itself like a CD.

Last edited by redfire : 9th August 2008 at 14:18.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 16:29   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am presently using the current setup in my Swift Vxi: -

Headunit - Pioneer 6950
Front Components in the door - JBL GTO 606Ce
Rear 3-way speakers on parcel tray - JBL GTO 937
12" bass tube - Infinity Ref 1200T
4-channel amp driving the components and rears - JBL GTO 75.4
Monoblock amp driving the tube - JBL GTO 301.1

Sound is very good but believe it can be better if i change the speakers and bass tube. The bass tube produces good bass but the punch is'nt that impressive. After hearing the Illusions, this is what i am thinking: -

Headunit - Pioneer 6950
Front Components in the door - Illusion Carbon Nd 6.1i
Rear components on parcel tray - Illusion Carbon Nd 8.1i
12" subwoofer in a box - Kindly suggest for good bass and punch
4-channel amp driving the components and rears - JBL GTO 75.4
Monoblock amp driving the sub - JBL GTO 301.1

What do you guys think of both the above setups? Do feel free to give other suggestions. How are the subwoofers from Ground Zero and Illusion?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 18:53   #1649
Senior - BHPian

if you get a chance try to check out the JBL P1224 for the mono i have the same amps in my viva, i had them in my swift now they are in viva check out my garage for the same.

the other subs i would suggest would be from illusion, if you are looking for some thing as reasonably good upgrade that you would not want to change unless you change the amps then its either the JBL P1224 or a good one from the illusion audio stable or one of the image dynamics should do.

Last edited by rider60 : 9th August 2008 at 19:00.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 12:14   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
if you get a chance try to check out the JBL P1224 for the mono i have the same amps in my viva, i had them in my swift now they are in viva check out my garage for the same.

the other subs i would suggest would be from illusion, if you are looking for some thing as reasonably good upgrade that you would not want to change unless you change the amps then its either the JBL P1224 or a good one from the illusion audio stable or one of the image dynamics should do.

Dude!

I am no way changing the amps coz ive been told by many audio experts that the 75.4 and 301.1 are great amps! Ive heard the Ground Zero sub and its better that my Infinity bass tube for sure. Will check out the JBLs though.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote