Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th October 2008, 11:17   #1711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv1010 View Post
Can anyone suggest a good amp.
Am not going to install the read speakers or sub yet though in future i will.
you got a budget for the amp? BTW what are read speakers?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 12:37   #1712
BHPian

navin i guess he meant rear speakers not read.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 15:49   #1713

Hi navin,
Sorry i meant rear speakers.
Budget, initially was around 6k max, but now i realize that a good amp can go beyond 10k , 20k :-| . so i will wait for 2 months.
rgds,
Shiv
shiv1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 21:08   #1714
BHPian

Hi friends,
i am getting my swift delivered on friday, i have least information on car audio systems.i am operating on a budget of 10-12k
my requirements are
1.USB
2.Ipod connectivity would be a boost.
(thinking about pioneer 3090UB or 5090UB)

my songs are limited to all types of movie songs (regional) rarely some album's

when i inquired the shops they have quoted some coaxial 6" speakers(jbl) for 2k for front and some 9" (jbl) which he stated will give o/p of 500W for 4900

I found a problem in most of the cars which has ordinary 120W speakers in front and some 9" oval stuff in the rear not being comfortable for the rear passengers.
can you gurus please explain the reason.

friends please give your suggestions with appropriate pricing for the same.thanks in advance.

ps:hi srikant hope u excuse me to have my query on having a budget music system for my swift in your thread.
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 15:24   #1715
BHPian

thereal,
If you have a long term plan to upgrade your ICE (with amps, sub, good cables/wires etc) plan from now onwards.

Go for at least 4050UB HU (no 30xx). It has 3 RCA out and will help you to install seperate front/rear/sub amps/speakers without any mod in future. It is ipod ready too.

With your present budget - get the HU (5-6k) and then get a good pair of 6.5" comps for front (JBL, illusion, Bull etc), again 5K. If you can stretch a little bit get a decent co-ax (6.5") for rear door from any of the above brand (2.5-3K).

Install the speakers at their default door location and the tweeters of the front comps somewhere at A pillar/near to that. You should give importance to front. If you have budget for rear co-axs (as I said earlier) get a pair of 6.5" rear co-axs (not 6x9 for parcel tray) and install them at rear door speaker wells.

Drive Comps and co-axs(if there) directly bu HU for time being. Introduce a 4ch amp and a sub (12K+) later, upgrade the cables (2-3K) and do a basic damping (3-5K).

Your car will be sweet sounding in all stages with good sound stage from front, except in first stage you can not open the volume at higher level without an amp.

Last edited by redfire : 29th October 2008 at 15:29.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 00:29   #1716
BHPian

thanks for your reply redfire,

Most probably i will not be going for an amplifier or a sub, i planning to install a good 2 pair stereo system with an appropriate head unit which gives a better feel than the normal parcel tray speaker arrangement.
i suppose your idea of having the 6.5" components in the front and 6.5" coaxials at the rear will make a good combination.i guess rear passengers will not have anything to complain with this kind of arrangement.
actually do we have rear speaker wells for swift(i am unaware)?

Can you please suggest me 1 or 2 6.5" components speakers (JBL) for front and 6.5" coaxials for the rear(JBL)
please list the pricing for the same too.
i can even extend my budget up to 12K-13K.

i find many components which falls in the suggested specification

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/cate...N&Region=india

if you dont mind can you please list the other products like good wires(mention the brand if any) with appropriate pricing ,thanks.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:44   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Can you please suggest me 1 or 2 6.5" components speakers (JBL) for front and 6.5" coaxials for the rear(JBL)
please list the pricing for the same too.
i can even extend my budget up to 12K-13K.
HU : Pioneer 4050 / Kenwood 40xx/50xx @ 6k
Front Components : JBL GT5-650C or GT5-S265C @ 4k?
Install + Extra's @ 1k

Total : 11k

For a couple of grand more, if you want rear fill then get the GT5-963 (6x9") as you wont be adding a sub. If a sub is coming in the future then a rear 6" co-axial speakers would suffice till such time.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 13:12   #1718
BHPian

Thanks souljah,

I found the model GT5-650C to be of 130mm(5.25") size, and a wattage of 120W- will it be enough as redfire was suggesting me to go for 6.5" front components.

I couldnt find the GT5-S265 component in the website. can you please suggest any alternative.

i am planning for a Front component system with rear door 6" co-axial system with a HU( mostly pioneer 3090UB or 5090UB).

hope that would be better when compared to a pair of coaxial in front and 6x9 pair in the tray.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:46   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i am planning for a Front component system with rear door 6" co-axial system with a HU( mostly pioneer 3090UB or 5090UB).

hope that would be better when compared to a pair of coaxial in front and 6x9 pair in the tray.
Your right on that, components would make the world of difference. Especially when AMPed

My bad I thought it was a 650c was a 6.5" comp set. The s265 is the new model so maybe it hasnt hit all the stores yet.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:16   #1720
BHPian

real,
As s0uljah suggested get Pio 4050 or equivalent Kenwood. You have USB + ipod + 3 RCA out (in future if needed).

For components the popular budget ones are (in 5-6K range) JBL GTO 608 (I am using 607, the previous generation, 608 is the latest), illusion Electras, Bull audio etc. Any of these won't be a bad choice.

If you never have a plan for sub, you can consider 6x9s on parcel tray as they will produce decent bass while 6.5" co-axs are not as good as 6x9s in the bass dept. But if you dont need that and need a light/mild output at rear, go for 6.5" co-axs.

Since you are not going for amp, power and RCA cables are not needed. What you only need is speaker wires and most of the above speakers comes with factory wires which are decent. If you are specific to use better ones, go for something like illusion speaker wire.

Find a good installer in your town and make sure he is doing a good job. Refer/search our posts to find out the best ones in your town.

Finally, if your budget permits, do a basic damping for front doors at least. For Noise Kill (a brand of damping meterial which is in dudget range) will cost you 3-4K for this.

Yes the swift has 6.5" speaker wells in all doors. Best of luck for your install. Please post pics/report once it is finished.
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 00:33   #1721
BHPian

Thanks for your suggestions redfire,Souljah.

For HU i will go for 4050UB and i ll get a JBL 6.5" components for the front and for rear i will choose between having 6.5" coaxial's or 6*9 speakers

the main reason why i am not going for a sub is because of space issue.
i want the little boot space which swift offers me to stay with me.

I may try a 4 channel amp later if am too impressed with the same.
thanks.
Old 1st November 2008, 09:42   #1722
BHPian

hi guys do you suggest blaupunkt gt4 mk special II amp its also a 4 channel amp,which comes in my budget, i heard from my friends that i can get one for less than 5k.
please comment on the same.
Old 1st November 2008, 12:50   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Dude you can get the Kenny 8401 for that price. Even though iv no experience there's a lot of people I know who vouch for this amp.
Old 1st November 2008, 15:48   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi guys do you suggest blaupunkt gt4 mk special II amp its also a 4 channel amp,which comes in my budget, i heard from my friends that i can get one for less than 5k.
please comment on the same.
Its a decent amp for the price. For that budget, I would say get it.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 18:46   #1725
BHPian

Default 4 Speaker + Amp + Sub/Bass Tube Setup for Swift

Hey guys,
I'm planning on getting a Swift and I'm pretty keen on a great ICE system.... Heres what I'm thinking
1. Pioneer Deck (have it already)
2. 2 JBL Oval Speakers on the back - Wooden tray setup
3. 2 Component Speakers in the front
4. Subwoofer/Bass Tube
5. 2 Amps (1 4 channel amp for the speakers and 1 2 channel amp for the Sub)

Now my concerns are, the swift doesnt have any space in the boot as it is. I dont wanna ruin the little space thats there so what would be the best setup in this case - subwoofer with enclosure, basstube or subwoofer on the tray with speakers... Also, I dont want the sound quality to be affected much.

Am looking for some insight on this and approx prices.
Thanks guys
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote