Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th May 2009, 17:34   #1846
BHPian

Thanks for the input guys, The install was done after auditioning LBM's ride(Dude you got way too much power in the car :P). I honestly didn't expect Illusion's not to perform this way. Thanks to saintsinner who advised me for the Illusion's and made me wait almost 15 days to get the install done.

The Amp which i am considering is either a Balu or JBL 4 Channel Amp for the beginiers or a JBT 1004GTO with a Ground Zero sub with a well made portable MDF enclosure. Of course all would be wired with good quality cables.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:41   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Since I plan to replace my stock HU, I am looking out for the VXi/LXi Front Fascia plate. Any idea where I can get that in Chennai ? And approx price ?
Searched a couple of places on GP Road for the same. The shops quote 1000 for the fascia :(

Anyone from Chennai knows where I can get it at reasonable rates ?
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:58   #1848
BHPian

ok after much thought finally got myself a pair of polk speakers and man are they good
and well got a sony amp [2channel] free from my cousin and well i had no choice in that so please dont start saying i should have gotten a kenwood or a jbl or a whatever. [no offence of course]
did chuck the sony from the rear and put in the kenwoods in its place and of course now that i have chucked the tweeters out am i glad i did. the music sounds sweet now
thanks for your invaluable advice friends
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 21:54   #1849

Gurus, may I request a response to my post, please?
clonedintellige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 18:01   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
... so please dont start saying i should have gotten a kenwood or a jbl or a whatever. ...
Arey, you have a smile on your face, no? You happy, we happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedintellige View Post
Gurus, may I request a response to my post, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedintellige View Post
1) ... I didn't replace the rear speakers which are a good 3 years old now). But this time round, I want the MDF to go, is it a good idea?
2) ... but let me know if components on the rear doors would perform better.
3) ... amplifier under the front passenger seat might not be the best option ...
4) ... If so, what are the alternatives to Dynamat? I was told getting Dynamat can be costly and there are other alternatives such as filling the door gaps with waste (found in petrol pumps) or glass wool. ...
I am no guru, but let me try answering your questions:
1. No, you don't ahve to. Just get some holes drilled in the board with a hole saw (large round holes). Take care that holes are spaced in way that the board strength is not compromized
2. Overkill, unless you have a driver and sit behind. Sure, components would be better but only if you remove the rear coaxes
3. In your situation (not LBM's) below front seat is appropriate - there are no disadvantages other than inadvertent kicks from someone in the rear seat. But then if kept behind the rear seat mishandled luggage may damage it - equal possibliity!
4. Cotton waste, glass wool: NO! The rattling you are getting now would most likely come from the hatch and sides of the boot, where there are cables and wires not stayed down well. Remove the panelling and stuff closed cell foam around the wires, and between the FRP panelling and the metal sheet. Make sure nothing rattles when you shake by hand or hit with fist.
For damping sheets, there are other brands like Noise Kill (ask B&T), American something (there's an car accessories shop on Residency Road just after B'lore Club which stocks it) etc.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:47   #1851

Thank You ! I will look out for other options that you have mentioned regarding damping sheets. As for the possibility of rear passenger inadvertently kicking the Amp below the front passenger seat, I am not too concerned about that since I travel alone mostly. Thanks again !
clonedintellige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 16:17   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post

Upgrade To:
Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD

Hey what is the price of Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD ?
degenr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 22:50   #1853

Default NEED Advice for new Swift Diesel

Hi Friends,

This is my first post on Team-BHP...I need help in getting a new ICE setup for SWIFT Diesel that I just bought...

I already have the following setup :

1. One JBL 4 Channel AMP and one Alpine (1200W) Desi 4 Channel AMP
2. Pioneer woofer packed in a box with glass on one side..(dont know what this box is called :-) )
3. Sony Woofer(1300 W) packed in a Tube (its not fitting in the car with the above box in place.. so may have to change the tube...suggestions would be highly appreciated)

I am having a budget of around 20K for HU and speakers (+ all other charges).

I shall be highly glad if you guys can help me in deciding a good ICE setup..(I luv BOOM BOOM kind of music....)....

Also please let me know if Dampening is really needed...or what would be the effect if I do not go for it...

I am in Delhi and I shall highly appreciate if you can help me in finding a good place for fitting..(do not want to get fooled by fake products...)

Thanks in Advance...
Amith_kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 23:26   #1854
BHPian

Hello Gurus and Friends,

Finally my search for HU is over and have also got one. Its the well known HU on Team-Bhp. Yes you are right its Clarion 785. Got it yesterday.

I have yet to finalize other components for the complete system.

As of now i have nailed down to Illusion EL 6.1 in the front. I listen to more of Rock and Hip Hop, Pop when want some taste of bass, also listen to classical and am exploring Trance. Its like i listen to whatever sounds good to my ears but mostly Rock.

I am now left with 20k for the rest ICE. Would keep options open for later addition's as and when i have more cash coming in for ICE.

I surely do want your help in finalizing the stuff as i am a complete noob even though i have been reading quite a few threads. Have got confused a lot

Currently I am the one who drives the car I have to still manage some cash soon for alloys and tyres.

I did audition Technocrats ICE today. Have realized that I would require a sub but at the same time i dont want to lose boot space. A detachable sub would be a good idea.

Here is what i am thinking of

Option 1. Front Comps + AMP + Rear Coaxial
Option 2. Front Comps + AMP + Sub.

I dont know whats going to be good at end of day.

Gurus I need your advise and help to begin the ICE setup properly. As its said 'Well begun is half done"
tush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 23:49   #1855
Senior - BHPian

The 2nd option is better.

Is it 20k for Comps + Amp + Sub or 20k for Amp + SUb

20k for Comps + Amp + Sub would mean 13k for Amp + Sub if you choose the Illusions.

I'd say go for the GZ 30T to complement it - 8k and a Blaupunkt GT4MKII with it. - 5k.
1000-2000 more in wiring + install. So that would make it around 21-22. IMO , you'll love it.

20k for Amp + Sub could fetch you a JBL 1004 and a GZ 30T. This would be a much better imo. JBL if taken in grey would cost around 9 and the sub as mentioned would cost 8k. So you'll be left with 3k for install + wiring. You could get a bit damping if budget allows you or add that later ( which you'll have to assuming your car is the one in your avatar.)

I'll advise you to go in for the JBL + Illusion + GZ combo. It will sound totally rocking.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 00:11   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

Is it 20k for Comps + Amp + Sub or 20k for Amp + SUb

20k for Comps + Amp + Sub would mean 13k for Amp + Sub if you choose the Illusions.

I'd say go for the GZ 30T to complement it - 8k and a Blaupunkt GT4MKII with it. - 5k.
1000-2000 more in wiring + install. So that would make it around 21-22. IMO , you'll love it.

20k for Amp + Sub could fetch you a JBL 1004 and a GZ 30T. This would be a much better imo. JBL if taken in grey would cost around 9 and the sub as mentioned would cost 8k. So you'll be left with 3k for install + wiring. You could get a bit damping if budget allows you or add that later ( which you'll have to assuming your car is the one in your avatar.)

I'll advise you to go in for the JBL + Illusion + GZ combo. It will sound totally rocking.
Thanks for the suggestions Abhinav. But i forgot to mention a few things which are as below.

1. My Car is Swift DDIS ABS
2. I want every component of ICE in B&W
3. I want to get the damping as it makes a lot of difference in SQ is what I understood from different threads.

So based on these additions does your suggestion still remain the same ?
Old 29th July 2009, 14:23   #1857
BHPian

@tush, good to see that ICE is finally rolling. I`ll keep an eye on this. Btw who is the installer going to be. Meet up sometime.
Mushroomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 12:06   #1858
BHPian

Default Need help - listen to a wide gamut of music in my Zxi

Hi all,

I need help, have been trawling the ICE forum. But, not clear on what to get. My main issue is how to put-together a setup that lends itself to multiple genres of music. Also had some questions on dealers. More on that below.

1. Your Car: Swift Zxi 2005

2. Your current setup (If any): An ancient HU & speakers from a 1995 Zen

3. Your Budget: 35K [should include HU, 2 compos, 2 co-ax, amp, subwoofer?, damping, wires, installation]

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Self-drive

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Trip Hop, Hip-hop, Rap, Spoken Word, RnB, Jazz, Latin and sometimes Bollywood & Pop [with friends]

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Yes

My main question [don't know if it can be answered] How do I setup ICE to suit Ella Fitzgerald/Nina Simone's as well as the slow & heavy drum beats in triphop?

Personally, I like cranking up my volume and having deep, resonant bass but without letting the whole neighbourhood know I'm passing through. Clarity is also very important, like to listen to the subtleties in various traditional instruments.

Have visited a few dealers here in Bombay. The only one who auditioned for me was Boom @ bandra. So, I got to listen to Illusion Electra. But, all the other places said they don't audition and one suggested doing a demo for me after installing in my car. Ddn't find any dealers for Bull, rainbow, Hertz. Any suggestions?

I would really appreciate any help/pointers.Thanks!
msbehave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 13:29   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Gurus need advice on my upgrade plan.
Present setup Pioneer 7950, JBL 607C at front door, JBL 937 6x9 at rear fixed in MDF, powered by JBL GTO 75.4 amp.
Upgrade plan same HU, New components at front door either Illusion Elecra 6.1 or GZRC 16X, Front JBL will go to rear door, removing the 6x9 including the MDF board, putting JBL GTO 301.1 mono amp along with GZTW 30T sub.
Bit concerned about amps power and spekers power handeling capacity as if i plant GZ components than i'll be running them on 4 ohms and my 75.4 puts only 104 W RMS compared to spekers 120W power handeling capacity, same case is with mono amp as that is rated 320W RMS at 2 ohms compared to subs 400W RMS handeling capacity.Need advice.

BTW my car is Swift.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 30th July 2009 at 13:48.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 19:50   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomz View Post
@tush, good to see that ICE is finally rolling. I`ll keep an eye on this. Btw who is the installer going to be. Meet up sometime.
Yeah finally on my way to ICE. Thanks to Invinsible for starting the Clarion comparo thread. Yeah sure we will meet up for sure.

@Gurus a year ago and even not very long, when i was going through our website JBL 75.4 was everyone's favorite but its discontinued. Is there any Amp that compares to this one or better which would fit my budget of 20k for Comps + Amp + Sub + Damping + Wiring considering my requirement of B&W ?

@Abhinav the cost bifurcation that you gave and I am assuming it approximate, are they with B&W?

Last edited by tush : 30th July 2009 at 20:06.