Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th November 2009, 17:15   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't the fronts compo and the rear coaxial should be from the same company, 75.4 is a good amp run the above setup with this for some time and see if you want to change it.

A head unit upgrade will be good but what will you upgrade too ?
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 19:03   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Shouldn't the fronts compo and the rear coaxial should be from the same company, 75.4 is a good amp run the above setup with this for some time and see if you want to change it.

A head unit upgrade will be good but what will you upgrade too ?
Hi Karan,

In my opinion I dont believe that the front and rear speakers should be from the same company. Some installs on the forum dont even have rear speakers.

Well, good question about the headunit upgrade because I am totally clueless about which headunit to go for as there are so many mixed opinions about highend headunits like Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer & Clarion.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 22:21   #2028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Should I change the headunit & 75.4 amp? If yes, for a setup like this, which amp & headunit would you suggest?
Well the next step up like a DLS RA40 will cost you atleast twice as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Shouldn't the fronts compo and the rear coaxial should be from the same company?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Karan,
In my opinion I dont believe that the front and rear speakers should be from the same company. Some installs on the forum dont even have rear speakers.
Same/Similar sonic signature is what I'd look for.

As far as HUs go Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer & Clarion all make pretty nice HUs. A few like the HX-D2 are clearly a cut above the rest but, Epic, for your set up the Eclipse 7200 or even the Alpine 9887 are good upgrades.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link. pairing a $1000 HU with $300 amp and speakers or vice-versa does not do justice to the better component.

Last edited by navin : 9th November 2009 at 22:23.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 22:59   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Well the next step up like a DLS RA40 will cost you atleast twice as much.

Same/Similar sonic signature is what I'd look for.

As far as HUs go Eclipse, Alpine, Pioneer & Clarion all make pretty nice HUs. A few like the HX-D2 are clearly a cut above the rest but, Epic, for your set up the Eclipse 7200 or even the Alpine 9887 are good upgrades.

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link. pairing a $1000 HU with $300 amp and speakers or vice-versa does not do justice to the better component.
Isn't the DLS RA40 similar to the JBL 75.4; atleast in per channel wattage wise? Can't comment on sound quality as I've never heard one. What should be the approximate cost of the RA40?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 23:21   #2030
Senior - BHPian

If 2 amps are similar rated this doesn't means both are off the same quality many high end amps gives lesser wattage as compared the the jbl/blaupunkt so are they bad not at all.

I don't know whether DLS is available officially in India a new RA40 cost approx $ 400 means 20k.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 11:51   #2031
BHPian

Question ICE Suggestion for my swift

Guys am from chennai. I have got Pioneer DEH-2190UB & Rear Pioneer TS6963 speakers as a gift from my uncle for my swift. Rest i have to buy front door speakers & tweeters. what brand do you suggest to go for ? This is temporary, BUT later

I have planned to get a in dash touch screen model HU from pioneer. the model is (AVH P 5150 DVD) but i dunno the cost of it, in this model i can detach the front panel which can prevent theft. should i get it from grey market or a billed one. Is there any other models from other brands do you recommend with the same features ?? My total budget for ICE is 50 k maximum & am also interested to install a SUB woofer, as am a music enthusiast advise me accordingly.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2009 at 11:56. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 11:58   #2032
BHPian

Help needed here too. I own a 2007 Swift VXi. The current setup is a Sony MEX-DV2000 which is a DVD player bought for the sole reason of playing an 8GB disc full of MP3 files. No display. The speakers are very plain Sony Xplod speakers and sound tinny. All the stock wiring was used due to severe lack of budget at that time.

What I need now is something that would fit in my 10k to 12k budget. I'd like to retain the head unit as it seems to be serving me well and also don't have budget for a new one now. There is a plan to get a proper double-din JVC unit for full video but I've found them to be too fancy for my liking. I'm not a big sucker for colourful lights and dancing analyzers.

The plan now is to change the door speakers and put in some decent components. Please suggest something here. It'd be great to know any good dealer in Suburban Mumbai (West / Central anywhere). The speakers have to be in the doors as I need to keep the boot + parcel shelf free for monthly long trips. These components have to be good enough to last till I change the head unit.

Over and above this, need someone who can add some damping to the door pads. I can get some additional budgets for this if the rattling can reduce. Really troubled by it.

Being from Bangalore, I'm not very familiar with the Mumbai market and would want to depend on your advice / recommendation before putting down the money.
adrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 15:13   #2033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Guys am from chennai. I have got Pioneer DEH-2190UB & Rear Pioneer TS6963 speakers as a gift from my uncle for my swift. Rest i have to buy front door speakers & tweeters. what brand do you suggest to go for ? This is temporary, BUT later

I have planned to get a in dash touch screen model HU from pioneer. the model is (AVH P 5150 DVD) but i dunno the cost of it, in this model i can detach the front panel which can prevent theft. should i get it from grey market or a billed one.

My total budget for ICE is 50 k maximum & am also interested to install a SUB woofer, as am a music enthusiast advise me accordingly.
50K plus the Pioneer DEH-2190UB HU & TS6963 speakers?

1. Damping, good RCA and Power wires and install - 10K
2. Front components from Illusion, Infinity etc. - 8K
3. 4 ch. amp and monoblock from JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood etc- 20K
4. Subwoofer from say ID, GZ, JBL etc.- 12K

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Swift VXi.
Sony MEX-DV2000 which is a DVD

The speakers are very plain Sony Xplod speakers and sound tinny.

What I need now is something that would fit in my 10k to 12k budget.
The plan now is to change the door speakers and put in some decent components.

Over and above this, need someone who can add some damping to the door pads.
Option 1;
Coax in front: 4K
6x9 in rear deck: 5K
rear deck: 1K MDF

Option 2.
Compoents in front: 6K
Coax in rear door: 4K

Option 1 will give you more bass.

Consider VFM barnds like JBL's GT5 series, Blau's GTO and THc/THx series and Bull Audio.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 17:29   #2034
BHPian

Thanks Navin,

Clears a lot of stuff. Any recommendations as to where I can get this done? Also, what materials do you use for damping? I've used some self-adhesive Duramix type material while still in college (aerospace engg). Unable to locate it since.
adrena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 18:04   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
50K plus the Pioneer DEH-2190UB HU & TS6963 speakers?

1. Damping, good RCA and Power wires and install - 10K
2. Front components from Illusion, Infinity etc. - 8K
3. 4 ch. amp and monoblock from JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood etc- 20K
4. Subwoofer from say ID, GZ, JBL etc.- 12K
Thanx buddy. Actually i got those things from my uncle as a gift. But its not my dream setup. Ill do this dream setup only after 3 to 4 months. So what can i do with the gifted HU & speakers idle. I have to use it till then na. Ill sell the gifted HU & speakers when i install the dream one.

Any idea about Pioneer AVH P 5150 DVD ? How much it gonna cost me in grey as well as (B/W) as this is my dream one to install ?
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 20:26   #2036
BHPian

Default Pioneer 6150BT - Good speakers to go with it for Swift Vdi?

Hi,

I'm expecting my White Swift Vdi to be delivered to me this weekend.. And I have been going mad trying to figure out the best ICE for the car. Options, combinations etc..

Finally have decided to zero down on the Pioneer 6150BT (despite the 2 RCA output simply for the Bluetooth Module and Mic). My needs were Aux in, USB and the iPod support (though will have to buy the cable for the same).

I drive around a 2004 Zen Lxi which uses a Kenwood HU with a 10 CD Changer combined with JBL Components (with moldings for the front doors) and Blaupunkt Thin Series Components mounted on the boot door (LPG tank mounted in the Boot Space) and I am decently pleased with the sound.

Hence now looking at a better setup in my new car. I am looking at Components at the front (6" preferable and would I need to cut the door panel and use moldings?? Or would it sound good withing the door??) and 6x9 coaxials at the back (though very tempted to place 6" components at the back doors as well since they do give awesome sound.. CONFUSED HERE!!! )

So what are the suggestions?? In the future (read 3-4 months time) will be upgrading with 8" woofer molded into the side of the boot space with maybe a monoblock (though think for an 8", it would be overkill)

My budget for speakers at the moment is not more than 10k, also keeping in mind that most speakers need nominal power of 50 - 100 watts (and most speakers I have looked at have nominal power rating at 100 watts)

So that brings me to another question at the same
- the HU's power rating 45watts at 4 omhs
- speakers power rating 100watts at 2 omhs

so does that makeup for the higher nominal power rating on the speakers??

I don't want to go mad, but I have a feeling I will in the long run.. constant changes to equipment will keep happening!!

Do advise!!
intoxicangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 21:41   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Hi sweet Swift Audio,
I have installed Kenwood 543 HU and Ken wood 6" speakers 4 nos of 2 way . I fixed in the same front and back door provision with out any cut or extra cable.better get it from Maruti Genuine Accessory unit.There ist is made for Maruti slots and screw positions and the wiring is of socket type.In the head Unit besides the Kenwood name Maruti will be there.For me it is wonderful for the small Ritz which will be fine to Swift too.Over all it was 12K the head unit was with USB.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 23:14   #2038
BHPian

Smile HU and Speakers for Swift.

Dear Gurus,

My cousin is getting his Swift Vdi next week. He asked me for suggestions on ICE. In between one of my close friend is coming from US and agreed to buy car audio for me. I have searched this thread and net and came up with the following three options.

1. Clarion VZ309 - $130 @amazon.com (3.5-Inch LCD, Single-DIN Multimedia Station with USB Port)
2. Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD - $295 @amazon.com (5.8-Inch Widescreen In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver)
3. Pioneer DEHP5100UB - $209 (SCD Receiver with USB Control and OEL)

Out of these three please advice me which is a superior product and value for money. I have put AVH-P3100DVD here as it is just $90 higher than a single din pioneer HU. And also please let me know whether all these HUs will fit into Swift.

When coming to speakers as of now he prefers to go for front components only and may add rear speakers at a later stage. I have short listed the following speakers.

1. Illusion Electra EL 6.1- Rs.6500
2. JBL GTO6583C – (No idea about the price)
3. JBL GT5 650C – Rs.4900

Of the above three I don’t have any idea about the technical superiority, product quality and sound clarity. Please advice me whether the above speakers will fit into the Car without any modifications. Mostly classicals, ghazals and melodies of 80s will be played in the system. So please advice me the correct component system and HU for the above requirement. The total budget he can afford is INR 15000 for a single DIN system and INR 20000 for a DVD/2 DIN system.

Thanks in advance.
ForeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 00:40   #2039
BHPian

When i visited last time i bought this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...icture-095.jpg; check this out so far so good no complain at all. (Pioneer Avh 5100 Amazon Purchase)
Tushargohil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 11:11   #2040
BHPian

Default Insane for a small price!!

I had posted earlier about the confusion in my mind as to what I wanted to get installed in my Swift Vdi (Aka Primus)

All the research and listening to other installations and talk to people finally led to the following kickass installation
- Pioneer DEH P5190UB
- Infinity Reference 6030CS (6 1/2" Components in the front doors)
- Infinity Reference 9633i 6x9's on a wooden plank at the rear

And WOW is all I can say for the same. The whole wanting to install a woofer has been cancelled after listening to the setup. It is insane..

The rear panel makes all the difference. Having a four component setup would have needed a woofer installation for sure!!

Next on the list, I am pondering an Amp installation (no woofer yet)!! Lets see!!
intoxicangel is offline   Reply With Quote