Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 19:29   #2146
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

How are jbl 609 components as compared to jbl 266 components. Also what are the prices of them?
inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 07:37   #2147
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Finally got my swift Ice'd,so heres the configuration
Front 5" Blaupunkt components THc132
Rear 6" kicker 2 way co-axials ES65
HU JVC KD-R525
Have not found any of these on our forum,hence a bit sceptical.
I wanted speakers to fit without cutting anything.Hence 5" in the front.
inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 20:30   #2148
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 407
Thanked: 186 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

See this post in classifides section

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...speakers.html/

May be in future new swifts audio system also will become cheaper.
Can anyone check the speakers in old and new ones are same?
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 03:16   #2149
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 998
Thanked: 68 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

[quote=pranxter;2543920]Today I placed an order for seat covers at Imperial (based on the positive feedbacks here) and it would be ready for fitment some time next week and I also need to get ICE for Swfit Vxi. Now I have two questions:

1. Do you recommend that the installation of ICE be done before the seat covers are fitted or it does not matter (if i were to assume the folks doing ICE would be gentle).
2. Got the following quote from Auto Shop in Kormangala:
HU: Kenwood 7046BT @ 11K [Bluetooth is a requirement for me to make/receive calls while on the drive]

Seat cover has nothing to do wit ICE. So you ca put seat cover at any time of your convenience.I will go with Ken wood if i am given choice. I enjoy Kenwood for tha past 4 years for my taste it is good.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:43   #2150
BHPian
 
ashukla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UP 16
Posts: 37
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Hi Gurus!

I have a month old 2011 Swift Vdi, and I finally plan to ICE it this weekend

I usually listen to Pop/Bollywood/Old Hindi songs with occasional FM. I am looking for a decent sound (and not Boom Boom) with quality bass depth, at human volumes
Hi Gurus,

I am staying in Noida, and would not mind travelling to *any* place in Delhi/NCR for getting a Clean ICE Install.

My budget is around 15-20K (max).

Please help me decide on the following:
1. A good installer in Noida-NCR region
2. Given my budget, should I go for ICEing in Stages (i.e. Amp + Sub in Stage 2)?
3. I would prefer a HU that has USB/Aux In and preferably does not have iPod/CD/DVD, the one from JBL, from my study of the thread, is no good. What other good options are there.
4. Which/How Many Speakers - 2 Coax (Rear) + 2 Comps (Front)?
5. Does 6x9 (with MDF Tray) make sense if a Sub is there?
6. Eventhough I am not a fan of 6x9 on rear tray (it does not look that good IMHO), would Front Comps + Amp + Rear 6x9s be good vis-a-vis Front Comps + AMP + Rear coax + Sub, in terms of price and performance please.
7. Which Amp (4 Channel/2 Channel) and Sub?

I would prefer a setup that has minimal visible components (cross-overs etc.)

Awaiting your inputs please.
ashukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:07   #2151
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
My budget is around 15-20K (max).

Please help me decide on the following:
1. A good installer in Noida-NCR region
2. Given my budget, should I go for ICEing in Stages
3. I would prefer a HU that has USB/Aux In and preferably does not have iPod/CD/DVD, the one from JBL, from my study of the thread, is no good. What other good options are there.
4. Which/How Many Speakers - 2 Coax (Rear) + 2 Comps (Front)?
5. Does 6x9 (with MDF Tray) make sense if a Sub is there?
6. Eventhough I am not a fan of 6x9 on rear tray (it does not look that good IMHO), would Front Comps + Amp + Rear 6x9s be good vis-a-vis Front Comps + AMP + Rear coax + Sub, in terms of price and performance please.
7. Which Amp (4 Channel/2 Channel) and Sub?.
1. If in the NCR region talk to Gunbir
2. 20K is a tad short for HU+Amp+4 speakers+sub. With a lot of hagglig you might approach these prices....
a. HU 7K, Amp 6K, 4 Speakers 6K
b. HU 7K, Amp 6K, 2 front Speakers 3K, Sub in sealed box 5K
you will still need something for install labour etc..

A pair of 6x9s wont give you the depth of bass of a good 12" in a sealed box but they do provide enough midbass for most music.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:08   #2152
BHPian
 
ashukla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UP 16
Posts: 37
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Gurus, bumping up the thread again, please reply.
ashukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 12:35   #2153
BHPian
 
ashukla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UP 16
Posts: 37
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Thanks Navinji.

I might be able to stretch the budget to 25K if that means I would have a full install in a single stage itself.

Could you please suggest some brands/models for HU/Speakers/Amp/Sub. Also, i would be grateful if you could PM me Gunbir's number.
ashukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 12:39   #2154
BHPian
 
ashukla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UP 16
Posts: 37
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Sorry, I cannot see my previous post so cannot merge the back-to-back posts.

Navinji, my car would mostly be self driven or, with one co-passenger (wifey). Are rear co-axes really required for such scenario? i.e. could I just go with front comps + amp + sub?

Also, would a 2 or 4 channel amp be good for either scenario?
ashukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 13:13   #2155
BHPian
 
AvinashV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 158
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. If in the NCR region talk to Gunbir
2. 20K is a tad short for HU+Amp+4 speakers+sub. With a lot of hagglig you might approach these prices....
a. HU 7K, Amp 6K, 4 Speakers 6K
b. HU 7K, Amp 6K, 2 front Speakers 3K, Sub in sealed box 5K
you will still need something for install labour etc..

A pair of 6x9s wont give you the depth of bass of a good 12" in a sealed box but they do provide enough midbass for most music.
1) & if the budget is 15 ~ 20k for a HU & 4 speakers & with the option of upgrading it with amp & sub later what would you suggest (brand & model wise)? - it's for the new Swift by the way
2) Should i get the rear speakers installed in the door or on a tray at the back? - don't actually want to do the second option coz of the tiny boot of the Swift
3) & blank about the coaxial part, so guess have to ask a newbie doubt of what coaxial's purpose is & do speakers come without it also?
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 13:19   #2156
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 126 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
Hi Gurus!

I have a month old 2011 Swift Vdi, and I finally plan to ICE it this weekend

I usually listen to Pop/Bollywood/Old Hindi songs with occasional FM. I am looking for a decent sound (and not Boom Boom) with quality bass depth, at human volumes
Hi Gurus,

I am staying in Noida, and would not mind travelling to *any* place in Delhi/NCR for getting a Clean ICE Install.

My budget is around 15-20K (max).

Please help me decide on the following:
1. A good installer in Noida-NCR region
2. Given my budget, should I go for ICEing in Stages (i.e. Amp + Sub in Stage 2)?
3. I would prefer a HU that has USB/Aux In and preferably does not have iPod/CD/DVD, the one from JBL, from my study of the thread, is no good. What other good options are there.
4. Which/How Many Speakers - 2 Coax (Rear) + 2 Comps (Front)?
5. Does 6x9 (with MDF Tray) make sense if a Sub is there?
6. Eventhough I am not a fan of 6x9 on rear tray (it does not look that good IMHO), would Front Comps + Amp + Rear 6x9s be good vis-a-vis Front Comps + AMP + Rear coax + Sub, in terms of price and performance please.
7. Which Amp (4 Channel/2 Channel) and Sub?

I would prefer a setup that has minimal visible components (cross-overs etc.)

Awaiting your inputs please.
Go to Motor Concepts, Rajouri Garden.. see Delhi-NCR directory for details..
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 16:34   #2157
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
Navinji, my car would mostly be self driven or, with one co-passenger (wifey). Are rear co-axes really required for such scenario? i.e. could I just go with front comps + amp + sub?

Also, would a 2 or 4 channel amp be good for either scenario?
Get the 4 ch. amp + sub + front components. The difference between basic 4 ch. and 2 ch. is about Rs. 2K and well worth it.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 14:18   #2158
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

I will take delivery of new Swift in a few hours from now and need a lot of help in getting some great ICE for this one.

1. Which HU (I liked the looks of Pioneer. Moreover front Ipod connectivity using the Ipod cable rather than the aux is a must)
2. Which speakers (Having sifted through a lot of discussions here it seems Infinity Kappa are way ahead of the others)
3. Amplifier (again Infinity, if some other than please tell)
4. Wiring (Scorche or any other)
5. Damping (the speakers will go in the doors rather than the tray so I think the damping will become even more crucial, pleases suggest a brand)
6. Where? (I am in Delhi and need a trustworthy, reliable guy who is not given to fleecing customers and one who has this stuff)

I am not crazy for bass like some other guys (with due respect) so I am not contemplating a subwoofer (the bootspace is essential for me)

I also plan to get a GPS navigation system fitted in so any HU which might combine this will be brilliant.
Need help on this one. Experts, please guide.
hardthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 15:50   #2159
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 108 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardthinker View Post
I will take delivery of new Swift in a few hours from now and need a lot of help in getting some great ICE for this one.

My planned setup for my new Swift is also very similar to yours, Pio plus Infinitys.

Infinity Kappas are undoubtedly a phenomenal pair of components, and ooze quality sound. Only thing is they need to be driven with sufficient power for them to realise and perform at their full potential. You could also consider the JBL 1004 amp for driving these components.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 01:48   #2160
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

read lot many threads, and got some info on ICE.
Still some Questions. Mods/experts, please help.

Car : Swift VXI 2010

Need: No-frills ICE. Good resolution, not high bass.

Plan:
HU: Pio DEH-8350SD for SD and iPod. Design looks good/diff to me.
Front Doors: Infinity REF6530CS components
Rear Doors: Infinity KAPPA62.9i coax

No AMP/SUB.

Queries:
1. Does it stand any chance to sound good?
2. Is AMP necessary for this config?
3. Will using Hertz speakers improve sound?
4. Is wiring needed for above config or is it needed only when using AMPs?
5. How much will it cost?
6. One last basic/foolish Q: Do I need 2 component and 2 coax or just 1 comp and 1 coax for 4 doors?
hatchbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine, Image Dynamics, TRU Tech hydrashok In-Car Entertainment 239 26th July 2009 11:54
Pimping My Ride Swift ICE Upgrade vrrraju In-Car Entertainment 34 28th January 2009 15:13
ICE Upgrade-Swift JBL'ed thirst4torque In-Car Entertainment 4 13th March 2008 12:21
swift ICE upgrade - come share my joy :) ibcool In-Car Entertainment 20 18th October 2007 13:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks