Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 18th February 2007, 12:40   #331
Team-BHP Support

Why do you need a wiring harness? you can use the original harness and connect that to the HU harness.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2007, 22:35   #332
Senior - BHPian

I was under the impression you would need use a second harness between the connections and the HU. Didnt realise that you could re-use the orignal harness. My bad.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 16:45   #333

Default Confused

Hi Guys,

I have a black swift VXi and i have ICEed it as follows,

HU: Pioneer 6850
Front: Infinity Ref6010cs components (90W RMS)
Rear: Infinity Ref9613i (100W RMS)

Now i am planning to add an Amp to my existing setup because i feel the speakers are not getting enough power and there is disturbance when i increase the volume. So i have shortlisted two amps from JBL one is CS60.4 and the other one is GTO75.4.
Now the problem is I am confused about which amp to buy (I have no plans off adding a Sub). One installer tells me that there is no use in installing a CS60.4 as the speakers will be under powered because the speakers can take 100W RMS and CS60.4 gives out only 60W RMS whereas a GTO75.4 gives out 104W RMS but another installer tells me that for this setup i dont require a GTO75.4 and CS60.4 is more than enough.

I am confused a lot about this guys and i am not able to decide. So PLS suggest me which Amp should i go for....

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay
vijayvk_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 17:40   #334
BHPian

The first installer is correct.You should use the 75.4.IT is a better amp and will give you the correct performance which u require.
So plz go for it.
scarlet.fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 18:07   #335
Team-BHP Support

@Vijay, Welcome to team-bhp and enjoy your stay here. Regarding your query:-

I am assuming your currently powering your Rear and Front Comps through the HU Amp, no wonder there is a distortion when you increase the volume. You certainely need a decent amp and you can look at these options

Economic Solution: Pio 6100 ( Rs.7K) and connect this 4 channel amp to front comps and rear speakers. If you decide to go for woofer in future, you can then power the rear with HU and connect those spare 2 channels for the woofer

Slightly Pricy Solution: Same as above but, JBL 60.4 ( ~ 9K)

Even Pricer Solution: Same as above but, JBL 75.4 ( ~ 13K)

Take your pick
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 19:04   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvk_84 View Post
I am confused a lot about this guys and i am not able to decide. So PLS suggest me which Amp should i go for....
Welcome to TBHP ICE, Vijay!

A CS60.4/Pio6200 will be enough to make a substantial difference, and will cost just around 8K-8.5K. It will do for most people.

A 75.4 will really make your speakers rock! (Esp. as they are Infinitys). At an additional 5K. (It comes to around 13k plus). It is better bang for the buck than the 60.4. And later, if needed (if you change your mind), it can take a better sub than the 60.4 can.

You can choose depending on your listening requirements, and upgrade plans (if any). You may later feel (after a while) that "if the 60.4 is sounding like this, what will the 75.4 sound like? I should have gone in for the 75.4 then :(" [This happens to me all the time]. So if you're that type, and don't mind spending the extra green go for the 75.4

Also, when you are thinking about the cost of the amp, please also figure in an additional 2-3K for a power wiring kit, and 0.75K to 1k per set of RCA interconnects (you'll need 2 sets for a 4-ch amp). So, add about 4-5K to the cost of whatever 4-ch amp you're going to get.

Last edited by hydrashok : 27th March 2007 at 19:08.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 19:35   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Front: Infinity Ref6010cs components (90W RMS)
Rear: Infinity Ref9613i (100W RMS)

i have shortlisted two amps from JBL one is CS60.4 and the other one is GTO75.4.

I am confused
Hello Vijay,
By the time I read your PM, you'd already bought the Infinity's. Good speakers, by the way.
If it is a difference you wanna make, then the CS60.4 will drive the speakers quite well. If you were going to add a sub, and wantede to drive the speakers in HPF only, then I would ask you to put a CS60.4 anyways.

But in full range, that 75.4 will make them sing out loud.
If you can afford it, go for it. Otherwise go for the CS60.4
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 00:59   #338

Default Thanks a lot guys

Hi Guys,

First of all i would like to thank all you guys who replied to my post, i actually never expected so much replies.

As you all suggested i will go for JBL GTO75.4 i think it is worth spending another 4K because as hydrashok said i should not crib tomorrow.

I have few more query's. I had been to Auto Fusion to enquire about installation today met Mr.Anwar there(heard that he is one of the best installer in town) he told that he would charge Rs.1800 for installation(including damping the doors with foam and rewiring the existing connections). So is that price ok or should i bargain?
Is there any other better place in Bangalore where i can do the installation?(Budget not a constrain, all i want is good quality hassel free installation)
And how much would damping cost? What all should i damp in a Swift? TMC electronics has quoted Rs.900 for damping two doors and he said he will use damping material from a company called Wurth. Is it worth it?

Pls help me guys i am new to this ICE thing and it confuses me a lot....

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay
vijayvk_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 09:40   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have few more query's. I had been to Auto Fusion
You are lucky to live in Bangy. THere are a few good installers there. The Bangyboys will detail that list.

Anwar by all accounts is one of the better installers there. Trust him - tell him that you a "friend of Sam"; those 2 words scare most installers into doing a good job.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 10:19   #340
Team-BHP Support

yeah tell thouqeer and Anwar that Sam has told to come to Auto fusion only. thouqeer is aware of team-bhp as well.
Old 28th March 2007, 16:09   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have few more query's. I had been to Auto Fusion to enquire about installation today met Mr.Anwar there(heard that he is one of the best installer in town) he told that he would charge Rs.1800 for installation(including damping the doors with foam and rewiring the existing connections). So is that price ok or should i bargain?
The price is ok, methinks. Anwar is a good installer indeed. Only thing is this foam business. What foam?

And yes, do convey my regards to anwar. As a joke later, you can ask him if the price includes a new kind of tax.
Old 28th March 2007, 16:16   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The price is ok, methinks. Anwar is a good installer indeed. Only thing is this foam business. What foam?

And yes, do convey my regards to anwar. As a joke later, you can ask him if the price includes a new kind of tax.
yeah its some closed cell black colour foam. few mm thick. For the boot where water is difficult to enter the tailgate he puts that old rags and stuffs them tight. Ofcourse for people on a budget.
Old 29th March 2007, 14:01   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Is there any other better place in Bangalore where i can do the installation?(Budget not a constrain, all i want is good quality hassel free installation)
After reading through this forum for the last few months, and personally getting my install done with an alpine-audion-hertz combo; I would say you are getting an awesome deal.
Anwar is damn reputed in TBHP and that speaks a lot for his skills.
I think 1800/- is perfect, I paid 2000/- for my install quite similar to yours from someone far less skilled/reputed than Anwar.
In short, go for it, and tip em some more!
:P
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 14:02   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
yeah its some closed cell black colour foam.
is this the stuff Anil sells?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 14:54   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
is this the stuff Anil sells?
nope .