Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th April 2007, 20:12   #376

hey hydrashock....thanks for the quick response. lemme checkup and see if i can get a demo of the assembly and see what z the alpine speaker set they are giving away free.....will update you guys on my progress...
manoooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 11:08   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoooj View Post
I got my Swift
My final setup is to have a blaupunkt mumbai(7450) and GTX 173(2500/pair) on four doors.For rear the options are GTX 693 or TX 369.1, in case i opt for the oval ones.

They have only one Alpine HU which is the 9846 E ...So it can be Alpine hu +free for teh front door+ XL 217(4750)( tweeter to be put on the front)..
Try to ask for the ODx ot THx range of Blau. If you are installing 6x9 in the rear you mgiht need to strengthed the rear deck or get a MDF rear deck but the 6x9 will produce more bass than the 6" in the rear doors.

Why and Where are you installing the XL 217?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2007, 07:08   #378

guys,

XL 217 was supposed to be installed on the rear door and the tweeter to be put on the dash.

Had been to the dealer and one thing which i missed out noticing last time was the specs of the "free" speaker being distributed.
Actually those are 4" (TLC 1020) speakers.

Guys, do think it makes any sense to put them on the front? Wont it be better off to have a 6" one rather than going after this "free" stuff??

Regards,
Sumesh.
Old 19th April 2007, 13:37   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
guys,

XL 217 was supposed to be installed on the rear door and the tweeter to be put on the dash.
Guys, do think it makes any sense to put them on the front? Wont it be better off to have a 6" one rather than going after this "free" stuff??.
why do you need EXTRA tweeters in the dash?
Old 19th April 2007, 18:05   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
why do you need EXTRA tweeters in the dash?
The rear ones will have blau component ones. The tweeter part of the blau, goes out in the fornt near the A pillar. So there is only one set of tweeters on the front, and all four doors being fitted with the TLC and Blau respectively.

The front door will hold the TLC 1020( heard it is phased out. so is it worthwile to have it??).

does it make sense to have such a configuration???
sorry if the query is too elementary...
Old 20th April 2007, 09:02   #381
Team-BHP Support

The TLC has a coaxial tweeter so the tweeters in/near the A pillar will make the front too bright.

You could have just the XL 217 in the rear and the TLC in the front. BTW where did you get these tweeters from? were they part of some other component set or did you buy them as tweeters?
Old 20th April 2007, 10:11   #382

hi navin,

oops...i seem to be creating quite some confusion...Hmm...i didnt think of the coax tweeter on the TCL..my mistake....
No the tweeter is not separate. It is a part of the component XL set. I havent bought any these and want to get it once the decision is made.

Actually i wanted to go for either

the blau mumbai HU + GTX 173s on all four doors.
or alpine 9846 E + TLC on front + XL 217/GTX 173 in rear.

I am not sure if it is worthwile to go for TLC as they are 4" and said to be being phased out. Probably that is why Alpine is offering it free along with the HU.
let me know. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 20th April 2007, 14:54   #383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No the tweeter is not separate. It is a part of the component XL set. I havent bought any these and want to get it once the decision is made.
the blau mumbai HU + GTX 173s on all four doors.
or alpine 9846 E + TLC on front + XL 217/GTX 173 in rear..
1. dont seperate a tweeter from it's woofer in a component set. Use them as a set. tweeter in the front and woofer in the rear is not a good idea.

2. the TLC is not a great speaker but the GTX is not that hot either. I would suggest XL 217 all around (4 of them). The tweeters can go on the A pillar and rear doors respectively. It will involve some cutting though.

3. See if you can switch the 9846E for a 9843. the 43 is a better HU (I did the same for my mom's car).
Old 20th April 2007, 15:57   #384
BHPian

I am also looking to change the Sony HU (maybe fake) in my WagonR (my mom's ride now). Navin any idea how much does Alpine 9843 retail for.

Also what are the other sub 5K alternatives? Pio 1900?
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2007, 16:20   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I am also looking to change the Sony HU (maybe fake) in my WagonR (my mom's ride now). Navin any idea how much does Alpine 9843 retail for.
I dont know the retail price but I figure ti would be teh same as the 9846 becuase when I asked Arya Honda to give me a 9843 instead of the 9846 on my mom NHC they did so with a minimum of fuss.

The salesperson did try to tell me that the 9846 is 3 models higher than the 9843. I told him to "shut up and do it" and the 9843 is cheaper he can keep the difference. I have heard both and that is what matters.

Last edited by navin : 20th April 2007 at 16:27.
Old 21st April 2007, 22:00   #386

Default car audio for swift(sorry for new thread)

hi to all
my budget is around 20k ...max will stretch upto 25k and mostly all components will be brought from singapore ,if they r cheaper there...

after going through so many pages in the swift audio thread and advice from LBM ive decided on the following . -
checked out the prices from rediff shopping .mostly they will be even lesser in local market or if brought from singpaore(will JBL be easily available there? )

front speakers
JBL 6-1/2 Inch - 2-Way Component System - GTO607C X 2 RS.6500 each
OR IF BUDGET DOESNT PERMIT THEN ,
JBL 5-1/4 Inch - 2-Way Component System - GTO507C x 2 RS. 5500 each
(wil be needing two naah ??left door and right door ??or does one kit come with both left and right door speakers ?)

also how will be they placed on the door cauz each of these component set contains 3 different units (i think speaker.tweeter,and woofer)

but the door of the swift only has one small 6 inch circle for the placement of speaker?? plzz help about this....

rear speakers

JBL 6 Inch X 9 Inch 3 way Car Loudspeaker - GTO937 Rs.4950

where will i place this pair ?? behind the seats naah ?above boot area ??how is it done ? needs some custom work to be done ??....

amplifier
Sony XM504Z In-car Amplifier 4 Channel 500 watts. Rs. 6590

will this be enough ??and which is the best place to fit it ??means is it visible ??

OR JBL CS SERIES CS60.4 4 CHANNAL 320 WATT AMP IS Avaialble for cheaper rate,...which one to go for ?

head unit

not yet decided.mostly pioneer model which will be available for around 7k in singapore..if u have any good models .plzz recommend..
also are the sony x-plod head units any good ??they look really sexy..but howz the quality?
also do i need to keep any special input/output setup,according to the speakers . while buying the head unit in mind ?help regarding this too...

hope this setup will work ..and produce goos sound means the front 2 compo.set + rear 6 x 9 oval (pair) +sony 500 watt amplifier. + head unit.

thnax in advance .
faheem_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 02:56   #387
BHPian

Hey faheem_m ,

That price for the component is for both left and right speakers.(seeing smile on your face.you just saved 6500 bucks.)

The model you have displayed here are as per my knowledge 2-way component system i.e. a woofer and a tweeter. The third thing is a crossover which decide which frequency goes where (I hope crossover is for this purpose only , if not then someone please rectify).

Hydrashok told me that swift door can take in a 6 1/2 " speaker with a spacer even though space is for 6" one. Woofer of the component will go in that door location at the front. Tweeters can be either mounted on door (which requires cutting new car's door panels) or places at dash near the A pillars ( navin says that with tweeters in dash there is always possibility of someone knocking your tweeters off while cleaning).

For Rear , if you want to go with 6x9 then a rear parcel tray will be installed (MGA one costs arnound Rs 1100, not sure about the quality of the tray) on which the speakers will be mounted.
or you can go for GTO 637 61/2 " round 3 way coaxial speakers which will go in the speaker location at door with a spacer (similar to front door).

I hope your problems are more or less solved.

Now someone please look into my problem of warraty voidance

Tomorrow i am going to take delivery of my swift ldi (this is not the problem part). I talked to the sales person on phone today and he said that Maruti will void the warranty if any wire in the car is spliced or cut. He said maruti uses some special coupler which will not involve any cutting of wire. He also said that this coupler is not available anywhere in market (can this be true). He gave me the option of sony , blaupunkt and kenwwod systems which the company has. If i still have to go with those systems after researching so much about jbl and hertz , i will not be happy. I gave him the option of installing the system which i will get from outside. he refused that offer too.
So can anyone tell me what to say to that salesperson so that he doesn't
bicker anything about warranty.

Thanks for any help.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 09:50   #388

thanx for u reply..austere_sly
it really helped..me and solved some of my problems but i still have many of my questions unanswered..
also the rear parcel tray is the same one which o got with my Zxi .so i dont need to buy new one naah ?

also still looking for some more advice from the guru's on the above thread
just want to know if the above (post 387) system will work perfectly ? specially the amplifier...

also even i would like to know more about the car warranty being void..after speaker placement..best way to avoid that as i am getting the ICE set mostly from singapore.(are they cheaper there ??)
faheem_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 11:13   #389

hi i just got my swift vdi.. i have put a sony amp(4 ch) of which 2 channels are for the front helix components and 2 channels are for the 1000W pioneer woofer. Now what's happening is that the rear 460W speakers are jarring when i make the music loud, because there is no amp for it... the guy i got it fixed from said no need for amp at the back but the people who sit at the rear seat complain of poor quality.
Also the woofer has been jarring, unlike what used to happen in my earlier car(where i had a similar set up-just got the amp+woofer shifted).

So do you guys think i should go in or another amp(which one) and what can be done about the woofer rattling/jarring noise?
carjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 15:02   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faheem_m View Post
thanx for u reply..austere_sly
it really helped..me and solved some of my problems but i still have many of my questions unanswered..
also the rear parcel tray is the same one which o got with my Zxi .so i dont need to buy new one naah ?

also still looking for some more advice from the guru's on the above thread
just want to know if the above (post 387) system will work perfectly ? specially the amplifier...

also even i would like to know more about the car warranty being void..after speaker placement..best way to avoid that as i am getting the ICE set mostly from singapore.(are they cheaper there ??)
the rear parcel tray given my maruti is ok ok thing but fixing a 1/2 inch mdf board to it will give it nice strenght and will take the weight of the ovals easily....

the car warranty will not be voided if one use harness to connect the wire of the HU to the car wires....

the stuff in singapore will be cheaper when compared to india but there will be no warranty also.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote