Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 14:31   #541
BHPian
 
anshurao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 276
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Hey Guys, I had posted some time back on this thread but then i had a budget constraint, I jus got a bonus from my company so have extra bucks to spend on my ICE. I was suggested to replace my Sony 554 amps with JBL 75.4. Now probably i can invest more money. But before that I needed to have some things clarified. I really appreciate the knowledge you guys have. Hats off to all of you.

1) What should I look for when I am buying a new AMP.
2) When do you say xyz are good speakers.
3) Now for example the sony 554 and JBL 75.4 what makes JBL the superior amp?

I have spoken to my accessories guy and he has agreed to take back my sony 554s back at the same cost, probably he got another bakra. He will get the amp of my choice now (i mean based on your suggestion).
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 16:23   #542
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Nothing as such but many thing....what are you looking in the new amp

listen to them if you like them then they are ok

the JBL produces cleaner sound when compared to the sony....and the JBL is way power full when compared to the sony...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 18:27   #543
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: navi mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

ohk..after lots..of adivce..and gr88 suggestions from u ppl ..i was saved from buying..crap SONY XPLOD...and have placed the order for the following....due to budget..limitations had to settle ..for a 2 channel amp and no woofer(maybe later)...
MY ICE SETUP :(total 20k)
PIONEER 6950 HU
JBL GTO 607 compo. for front
JBL GTO 937 ovals .for the rear tray.
JBL CS 60.2 2 channel amp.
and some SOUNDSTREAM cables(are they ohk ? cauz thats what he has in branded ..and BOSS ,which i think is crap)

ohk now i am getting this installed on the 30th/31st ....
can u ppl just tell me ...how do i go about gettin it installed means...what do i connect to the amps ?? the compos or the rear ovals ??..
or can both be connected ..?..
which ..will give the best experience and sound quality ??
also if in future i want to get a s-woofer..is it necessary to buy another amp ??....
faheem_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 19:47   #544
BHPian
 
austere_sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 287
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Let me try advising you on this. But do check with more informed people what i suggest. As JBL CS 60.2 is 2 channel amp, you should be connecting the front components from it. Run the rears from HU itself. Both front and rear cannot be connected to 60.2 amp.

Pio 6950 has got 3 RCA Preouts, so connect amp and hu through RCA cable and then amp to the components with your cable.

I have no idea about cables. The only brand i remember from forums is audison.

Quote:
also if in future i want to get a s-woofer..is it necessary to buy another amp ??....
Yes, you will have to buy another amp if you add a sub later, unless you want to run your front comp speakers from HU. If you buy a monobloc amp for running only your sub, the cost of overall setup will be more expensive than buying a 4 channel amp like JBL CS 60.4 or JBL GTO 75.5 now.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 20:21   #545
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faheem_m View Post
ohk..after lots..of adivce..and gr88 suggestions from u ppl ..i was saved from buying..crap SONY XPLOD...and have placed the order for the following....due to budget..limitations had to settle ..for a 2 channel amp and no woofer(maybe later)...
MY ICE SETUP :(total 20k)
PIONEER 6950 HU
JBL GTO 607 compo. for front
JBL GTO 937 ovals .for the rear tray.
JBL CS 60.2 2 channel amp.
and some SOUNDSTREAM cables(are they ohk ? cauz thats what he has in branded ..and BOSS ,which i think is crap)

ohk now i am getting this installed on the 30th/31st ....
can u ppl just tell me ...how do i go about gettin it installed means...what do i connect to the amps ?? the compos or the rear ovals ??..
or can both be connected ..?..
which ..will give the best experience and sound quality ??
also if in future i want to get a s-woofer..is it necessary to buy another amp ??....

I would suggest to not to buy this amp as it not so powerful and better get another amp like 6300 pioneer as it is a 4- ch and you can run the four speakers with it and the cost is around 6k..on the later stage you can add a mono block with a sub to complete the setup
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 21:20   #546
BHPian
 
angelfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mangalore/Chicago
Posts: 251
Thanked: 0 Times
Default one fast solution

hello guys..
One real fast solution for a friend who wants to install a good audio setup in his swift...His budget is around 25 k...Wants a USB headunit..(he`s inclined to the sony usb HU`s)....nd also a sub...
my suggestion was a pair of JBL comps front..JBL coaxials at the rear doors..sony amp + pio sub ( yeah i knw....but the budget is the main constraint here)....So guys keep the suggestions on how the above selections can be improved ...the setup has to be finalised by this week
cheers!!
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 23:33   #547
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
hello guys..
One real fast solution for a friend who wants to install a good audio setup in his swift...His budget is around 25 k...Wants a USB headunit..(he`s inclined to the sony usb HU`s)....nd also a sub...
my suggestion was a pair of JBL comps front..JBL coaxials at the rear doors..sony amp + pio sub ( yeah i knw....but the budget is the main constraint here)....So guys keep the suggestions on how the above selections can be improved ...the setup has to be finalised by this week
cheers!!
well on his budget what you have recommended is good.

HU: 8K with USB
Amp: 5K for sony or maybe 6K for the Blau Special that Bass and Touble has disscused earlier
Speakers: 10K
Wires: 2K
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 23:49   #548
BHPian
 
austere_sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 287
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
well on his budget what you have recommended is good.

HU: 8K with USB
Amp: 5K for sony or maybe 6K for the Blau Special that Bass and Touble has disscused earlier
Speakers: 10K
Wires: 2K
Where is the sub in this ? His friend wanted a sub too. The only Sony HU with USB is CDX-GT860U with price tag of 14k with B&W. If i am not wrong someone got Pio 7950 for 10k w/o B&W.

Last edited by austere_sly : 27th May 2007 at 23:50.
austere_sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 23:58   #549
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashoforu View Post
Yes, I am able to play Ipod thru PIONEER 7950 UB using the Ipod data cable chord which is used to connect the PC thru USB port.
Its gr8..!!
After connecting to HU, Pioneer will display in the Ipod and all the control are from the HU(play, stop, skip next).
Good news! Means I get to save close to a grand
Will have to take my Ipod and the wires to the shop to test this HU out.

On an different note, does the Pio 7950 UB have any competition in a similar price range? Another HU with similar features?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 00:29   #550
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Where is the sub in this ?.
oops. I forgot. the sub.

The Pio sub would run about 4K with a box and the amp 3K (is he gets the Sony 552) then add 1K for the RCA wire.

that leaves 17K for the rest...

8K for the HU and 9K for the speakers - you can get a set of JBL CS series comps and coax for this.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 19:29   #551
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I got my Swift ICE'd today.

Here is what i got
Head Unit - Pioner 7950UB
Front Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Damping - Dynamat Extreme on four doors

The sound is good and the installation was very professional.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 19:43   #552
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I got my Swift ICE'd today.

Here is what i got
Head Unit - Pioner 7950UB
Front Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Damping - Dynamat Extreme on four doors

The sound is good and the installation was very professional.
try to post the pics of the same and where is the rear component tweeter located...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 19:45   #553
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Good equipment, BUSA! Do get a 4-ch amp later when you can, so the comps can sound even better.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 19:49   #554
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I got my Swift ICE'd today.
Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Congrats!! Damping too, great way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 607c
Any particular reason why (besides a fat wallet !!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
try to post the pics of the same and where is the rear component tweeter located...
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 19:57   #555
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
(besides a fat wallet !!)
Haha if that was the case, i would have gone for Infinity Compos and Amplifier and Subs, which due to the above qoute not being true will have to wait.

Quote:
Do get a 4-ch amp later when you can, so the comps can sound even better
Yes will be going in for a JBL 75.4 and the reason i went for all compos was that i have planned to go in for a upgrade later.

Quote:
where is the rear component tweeter located...
All Tweeters are on the doors very nicely done looks like stock. Crossovers are inside the doors.

I need to go in for a Sub and Amplifier, mostly will go in for a JBL 75.4 Amp and GT4-12 Sub.

On the current setup - The sound is very good at moderate volumes, though higher volumes suggest me to get a amp

Many thanks to Hydra, Sam(whose name scared the Installer and he offered me lunch, drinks what not), Navin, LBM, etc who have helped me alot with my decision.

Last edited by BUSA : 29th May 2007 at 20:03.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine, Image Dynamics, TRU Tech hydrashok In-Car Entertainment 239 26th July 2009 11:54
Pimping My Ride Swift ICE Upgrade vrrraju In-Car Entertainment 34 28th January 2009 15:13
ICE Upgrade-Swift JBL'ed thirst4torque In-Car Entertainment 4 13th March 2008 12:21
swift ICE upgrade - come share my joy :) ibcool In-Car Entertainment 20 18th October 2007 13:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks