Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2006, 18:11   #46
BHPian
 
theEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 534
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Sorry to keep bugging you Sam, but I've asked around (bass.com and a few places at milan subway) for Infinity speakers and they dont have any. Any idea where in Mumbai I can find Infinity?
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 22:53   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Sorry to keep bugging you Sam, but I've asked around (bass.com and a few places at milan subway) for Infinity speakers and they dont have any. Any idea where in Mumbai I can find Infinity?
huh? who did you ask at Milan. I think I have seen them at atleast 2 shops there.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 13:21   #48
BHPian
 
Raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 137
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

I am planning for Sub woofers for my swift, planning to go with JBL any other sub and its cost pls.....

Pls give me contact #'s of Sound Factor & TMC.

Cheers,
raps
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2006, 13:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Sorry to keep bugging you Sam, but I've asked around (bass.com and a few places at milan subway) for Infinity speakers and they dont have any. Any idea where in Mumbai I can find Infinity?

Call Firoz 9819850106 - he can help you locate a dealer.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 13:23   #50
BHPian
 
Raps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 137
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Pls help me out in adding Sub to my swift.

My budget is around 8k.

what i got...
Pioneer 5850
Pioneer front speakers
Pio 6990 in the rear parcel
Sony XM-504Z 4 channel amp driving front and rear speakers.

Now I am planning to install JBL Sub (900W)and also mono block amp powering the Sub.

Pls help me out to decide abt twhich mono block should I go for and also the Sub. Will I be able to install both in the above said budget.

Expecting your Inputs.

Thanks,
Raps
Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 13:34   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps
Pls help me out in adding Sub to my swift.

My budget is around 8k.

Now I am planning to install JBL Sub (900W)and also mono block amp powering the Sub.

Pls help me out to decide abt twhich mono block should I go for and also the Sub. Will I be able to install both in the above said budget.
A Monoblock in that budget would not be possible. I don't know what model JBL you are considering but I guess that will cost you atleast 4k + Box + Install. After that you are not left with any money for an amp.

For 8k you can get a Sony 502 amp for about 3.5k, a PIO 306 sub for about 3.5K & the rest for box & install.

Last edited by iraghava : 27th July 2006 at 13:36.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 14:16   #52
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Ishan how bout a Sony Xplod XM-SD51X i think this is the cheapest monobloc

aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 14:57   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Ishan how bout a Sony Xplod XM-SD51X i think this is the cheapest monobloc

Yup but it's still around 12k B&W which is more than half his complete budget!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 15:08   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

SD51 seems to be a nice product. @ 12k is looks good. But at 13-14k we haev JBL mono GTO301.1 and teh CS300.1 @ 10k or so.

and some Pio and Alpine in teh same range I guess.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 15:26   #55
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
SD51 seems to be a nice product. @ 12k is looks good. But at 13-14k we haev JBL mono GTO301.1 and teh CS300.1 @ 10k or so.

and some Pio and Alpine in teh same range I guess.
ALPINEs in that range??? Grey????
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 15:34   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
ALPINEs in that range??? Grey????
yah. read it in soem post.

or was it 18k?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 15:45   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
SD51 seems to be a nice product. @ 12k is looks good. But at 13-14k we haev JBL mono GTO301.1 and teh CS300.1 @ 10k or so.

and some Pio and Alpine in teh same range I guess.
JK - The mono we are discussing is for a guy who's total budget is 8k including the woofer!! I don't think he needs the SD51

P.S. And he certainly doesn't need Alpines

Last edited by iraghava : 27th July 2006 at 15:46.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 19:27   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default More swift ice!

First of all,we booked an azure grey swift last night yaay!! Now i need help on its ice.My budget for audio is around 8k and that should include (all pioneer)ovals at the back,round speakers in the front doors,a sub and an amp.I know that sounds like too much for 8k but i want it like that.I dont mind compromising on anything like going in for a fake amp or something..coz this setup is just for listening to stuff like trance,rap,hip hop and occasionally radio.I already have a pioneer hu(deh 5850mp) and that will mostly be connected to an ipod.
What speakers i had is mind were:
Pio TS-A6971E for the rear (350W)
Pio TS-A1681S for the front(260W)
will mostly be getting these from Dubai(Unless otherwise)
Now coming to the sub and amp;
I need a decent pio sub,a small one actually because i want it to fit in the parcel tray(absolutely need the boot space).Anyway this should have good punch which sounds decent at low volume.
Lastly the amp ;this is one thing i know wont fit into my budget and thats why at the beginning of this post i said that i didn't mind a fake one.
All in all we need a system that sounds clean at low volume and good when pumped up.When it comes to ice im the ultimate noob so please dont make me go in for something amazing that i wont appreciate.
Help me ............

binz

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2007 at 22:58. Reason: extra smileys removed
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 22:11   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

you will get fake alpines here in delhi for like 2 k, and if you hunt down some shops u might even find a second hand sony in that price the 504.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 07:32   #60
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
I know that sounds like too much for 8k but i want it like that.I dont mind compromising on anything like going in for a fake amp or something..coz this setup is just for listening to stuff like trance,rap,hip hop and occasionally radio.I already have a pioneer hu(deh 5850mp) and that will mostly be connected to an ipod.
What speakers i had is mind were:
Pio TS-A6971E for the rear (350W)
Pio TS-A1681S for the front(260W)
will mostly be getting these from Dubai(Unless otherwise)
Now coming to the sub and amp;
I need a decent pio sub,a small one actually because i want it to fit in the parcel tray(absolutely need the boot space).Anyway this should have good punch which sounds decent at low volume.
Lastly the amp ;this is one thing i know wont fit into my budget and thats why at the beginning of this post i said that i didn't mind a fake one.
All in all we need a system that sounds clean at low volume and good when pumped up.When it comes to ice im the ultimate noob so please dont make me go in for something amazing that i wont appreciate.
Help me ............

binz
Nice to see this.
Well said. Some do like fakes. I used to, before. When a person is craving for only punch and BASS in ICE then any fake alpines available these days will make him happy like hell because it can make a Pioneer SUB move like ..... yes, like morning push-ups.
So Mr. Binz, Dont be ashamed of what you want and go ahead with your choice. Just make sure the fakes you get wont burn the car down!! And plug in and test as many different fakes you can and take the one which suits you more. Because each fake amp has a different character and sound!!

But when it comes to recommending ICE, I dont think it's not fair to recommend a fake one. Simply because it's a fake and humanity hates fakes! Whether it's an amp or an orgazm, we hate it. And another reason is that the fakes have very poor build quality and comes with absolutely no guarantee whatsoever. And no fakes in the world can offer you good tonal quality.

And one more word; All the people who start off with a fake will mature to better stuff one day. We expect the same for you Mr. Binz!!!
So go on!!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2007 at 22:59. Reason: quoted post edited
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine, Image Dynamics, TRU Tech hydrashok In-Car Entertainment 239 26th July 2009 11:54
Pimping My Ride Swift ICE Upgrade vrrraju In-Car Entertainment 34 28th January 2009 15:13
ICE Upgrade-Swift JBL'ed thirst4torque In-Car Entertainment 4 13th March 2008 12:21
swift ICE upgrade - come share my joy :) ibcool In-Car Entertainment 20 18th October 2007 13:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks