Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd June 2007, 12:24   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaprabhu View Post
a.how to fit this component system perfectly to get the best output?

b. I also have a pioneer gmx354 amplifier and a piuoneer 12" boxed sub with me, can i use it along with this setup or no?

I am not a audiophile so all suggestions would be very welcome
Maria mariaaaaaa......

You are not an audiophile. Neither are most of us. Many of us pretend to be though

Fit the 6.5" compos in the front. Tweeter in the door, slightly higher. Or at the A pillar.
Damp the door, if you can afford it.

For the rear door use the 6.5" coaxials.

Now to your amp and woofer, Yes you can use it definitely, get a nice box made to Pioneer specs. If you dont know the specs, LBM will help you.
It would be better to amplify the fronts and the subwoofer, if that is a 4 channel amplifier.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:03   #587
Senior - BHPian

Time for a very stupeeeed question. Sam please don't flame me for this. I am a complete idiot as far as ICE is concerned.

What is the total increase in weight of a caer for a typical ICE system consisting of an HU, 4 speakers, an Amp and a Sub ?
One of my friends is a bit worried that his Swift LDi's performance would go down because of the added weight of the ICE!
Any inputs?

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd June 2007 at 13:05.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:51   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
What is the total increase in weight of a caer for a typical ICE system consisting of an HU, 4 speakers, an Amp and a Sub ?
One of my friends is a bit worried that his Swift LDi's performance
10-12kg without damping. no i dont think it will make a significant difference unless you are talking 1/4 mile drag times.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:14   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
One of my friends is a bit worried that his Swift LDi's performance would go down because of the added weight of the ICE!
Any inputs?
In a petrol that 15kgs might be a reason to worry. Since its a DDis its ok me thinks.

Psycho runs his monster with a complete ice setup on a daily basis.

Drove a vdi last week that had 205/55/15 rubber, 2 Pioneer subs (ported), a jbl 75.4 and another amp for the subs I forget which.

Add to that 4 occupants (270+ kgs). Still pulled well. Only mod is a filter, I think that took care of the so called turbo lag.

If your friend is taking the car down to the drag strip to clock then even the seats affect performance
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:19   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Add to that 4 occupants (270+ kgs). Still pulled well. Only mod is a filter, I think that took care of the so called turbo lag.
Which filter was it stock replacement or Conical? Which brand and if conical where is it placed.

Sorry for going OT.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:55   #591
Senior - BHPian

Conical. I didnt bother looking under the hood.. will get back to you on this. The guy did complain about the lack of space to route the filter though!
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:21   #592
BHPian

Default Adding a SUB

Hi Guys,

This is the setup i have on my swift vxi abs as of now,
Head Unit: Pioneer 6950IB
Front Components: Infinity REF6510cs
Rear Ovals: Infinity REF9613I
Amp: JBL GTO75.4

Now i am planning to add a sub to my existing setup and i have shotlisted 2 subs from JBL,
JBL GT4-12 with 250W rms
JBL GTO 1202D with 300W rms
which of these should i go for?
As of now i will be powering the sub through my existing amp(i.e. GTO75.4) and later on i am planning for a mono amp. Can someone pls tell me the cost of these sub's as well and the type of enclosure for these subs???

Thanks,
Vijay
vijay_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:32   #593
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Conical. I didnt bother looking under the hood.. will get back to you on this. The guy did complain about the lack of space to route the filter though!
Thanks alot buddy, even i couldnot find a place to route the filter, it would be nice if you could get a pic of the hood.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 15:56   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
it would be nice if you could get a pic of the hood.
Might take a while before I can meet up with that charcter, but will call and check. I think he mention something about shifting the battery
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:54   #595
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks alot buddy, even i couldnot find a place to route the filter, it would be nice if you could get a pic of the hood.
Sure we can provide a linky to another forum for all this. What would Sam say?
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:56   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Now i am planning to add a sub to my existing setup and i have shotlisted 2 subs from JBL,
JBL GT4-12 with 250W rms
JBL GTO 1202D with 300W rms
The GTO 1202 costs about 3K more than the 4-12. In a sealed box it will do well if you can afford the difference. The 4-12 is a VFM sub. Real good VFM.
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:44   #597
BHPian

Hey guys... been a silent observer of this forum for a while. used to be a complete tyro at ICE, have learnt a lot from all of u... a big thanks to the gurus

I'll be getting delivery of my Swift Vxi with ABS this saturday... here's what I've planned as far as the ICE goes:-

HU: Pio 5950/6950 (Grey)
Front Components: JBL GTO 607c (B&W)
Rear Co-ax: JBL GTO 637 (B&W)
Amp: JBL CS 60.4 (B&W)

Need some help:-

1. Checked out Blau today - loved the Maui MP36 design. How does it compare with the 5950 in terms of features? Is it available in Grey - if yes, what' the price? With B&W the dealer quoted 8950/-.

2. I prefer clarity of vocals (Mids) over too much Bass or Treble... would the Hertz DSK series be a better choice than JBLs (I think they're similar in price, correct me if I'm wrong)? How're the Blau THc 172 components?

3. My Budget is 25K Max... although I dont like too much bass, do u think the above setup will be too bright? Is there a VFM sub option that I should look at within my budget?

Tia

PS: Sam, I'd PMed u earlier with my queries before I read ur post on ur overflowing Inbox... will make sure my PMs in future are on ur preferred areas of interest only
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:43   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
I'll be getting delivery of my Swift Vxi
HU: Pio 5950/6950 (Grey)
Front Components: JBL GTO 607c (B&W)
Rear Co-ax: JBL GTO 637 (B&W)
Amp: JBL CS 60.4 (B&W)
2. I prefer clarity of vocals (Mids) over too much Bass or Treble... would the Hertz DSK series be a better choice than JBLs (I think they're similar in price, correct me if I'm wrong)? How're the Blau THc 172 components?

3. My Budget is 25K Max...
Option 1.
just like you posted above.

If you want to fit a sub into that budget you'd have to consider lower grade components. Here is a sample list.
HU: 5K Blau Mumbai or Pio 2950
Front and rear: 8K CS series coax from JBL
Amp: 5K Sony 554 or 6K for Blau GT4
Sub: Pio 12" in sealed box 4K.
Wires: 2K

Blau, JBL and Hertz both sound bright to me. I suggest you listen to both (if you can) and decide for yourself. I will not be surprised if you take the Thc172 over the other 2.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:41   #599
BHPian

Many thanks Navin. I think i'll not go for the sub right now... since i'm taking a 4 channel amp, i can always add a sub later and power the rear co-ax's from the HU.

Any Blau users on this forum? would really appreciate some first hand report on the Maui MP36 and THc172.
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 12:55   #600
Senior - BHPian

@wimwian, I used to be a Blau fan

I have listened to the THc172 (installed in an Accent) a while back and they're not bad. No particular characteristics to mention specifically, but they do have that slight metallic sounding signature that I think all Blau speakers have. They are definitely worth a listen-and-see.

Blau HUs are not particularly VFM at the B&W prices. The HU sounds quite ok and Blau's service simply great.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote