Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th June 2007, 18:00   #646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftcrazy View Post
BUSA & mobike, will it be ok if i go for the same stuff without B&W(is that a risk?) and what will be the difference in the prices if i do so?
As far as i know, JBL equipment comes with B&W, Sam can confirm that, every dealer sells that ways. It would be too risky to look for JBL stuff without B&W, trust us the ones with B&W will be worth it and you will be in peace

You can select Scoche wiring kit which i reckon is the cheapest of the lot and i have the same in my car. Its worth it. I got mine for 2.5K

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th June 2007 at 18:01.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 20:26   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftcrazy View Post
navin, could you be a little more specific? shop names, landmarks etc
I am old, dont drive and I live in South Mumbai and you want landmarks from me (for Andheri).

Ok one place is near a mall called Marche, another is called Bass.com. I drove past time a few weeks ago (ok I was chauffered past them) and from the looks of things they seemed to have the right infrastructrure.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 09:51   #648
BHPian

Thanks mobike & navin!

I think that now i am almost sure that i will be buying the equipment that all the gurus have recommended.

Will probably go to andheri this weekend and checkout the shops (thanks to the landmarks given by navin) at andheri & if possible also give a listen to the equipment that i am planning to buy. Lets just hope that the rain gods dont decide to drench my weekend plans.

Also as far as navin being old...
Going by your snap(in the studio setup) you look pretty young.
But going by your enthusiasm and replies, you are more young at heart than most youngsters.

Regards
Rohan
swiftcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 12:27   #649
Team-BHP Support

@swift, Navin is the biggest guru that can ever get on this forum. I think the snap on his avatar is his son, correct me if i am wrong navin
Old 15th June 2007, 12:39   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think the snap on his avatar is his son, correct me if i am wrong navin
lol mobike, yes, on his avatar is his son. But I think swiftcrazy is talking about his PROFILE picture, where he's sitting in a studio.
That's navin.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 12:48   #651
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
lol mobike, yes, on his avatar is his son. But I think swiftcrazy is talking about his PROFILE picture, where he's sitting in a studio.
That's navin.
opps thanx Sam, i got the avatar and profile stuff mixed up. Swift, here is another biggest guru of ICE forum
Old 15th June 2007, 13:03   #652
Senior - BHPian

@ Swift Crazy - There is Soundfx at Andheri East at Gurunanak Petrol Pump, their work is very professional, got my Swift iced from there itself, tell me what you looking for, can help you get a good discount.

Monster is Rs.90 per meter.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:20   #653
BHPian

Default which gives better output? Speakers on Tray or in boot corners?

Guys, w.r.t to effects and performance, placing speakers in wooden plank (on the tray) will produce good effects or placing them in the corners of the boot will give better output?
I saw one of my friend's santro and the back speakers are placed neatly in the corners of the boot. it was so neat that it gave an impression as if the the boot is still not loaded with speakers. As far as he his concerned, he placed the speakers in the boot because that saved him lot of space for loading luggages.

gurus, pls advise whether the same is good for swift w.r.t to better output?
ebmrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:32   #654
Senior - BHPian

@ebmrajesh, the sound is likely to sound muffled is placed in the far corners of the boot. And the sound from the front will have a bit of trouble aligning with the sound from the back (more distance, more trouble).

I'd always prefer the MDF parcel tray option.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 18:40   #655
BHPian

@EBM, still better, use the door pods for compos (front) and coaxes (rear). You can always add a sub later if not in scope immdtly. But there goes your boot space.
TNAWAYAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 00:59   #656
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys here is a tricky one.

I upgraded my earthquake comps to Infinity Reference and got a pair of coaxials for the rear. They are all fitted in the stock locations.

Here come the questions:

1. Which is the best place to fit the tweeter of the comps?

2. Where the hell do I accommodate a 75.4 amp in the swift. It is long to be plaved under the seat and I am afraid its plexiglass top will not be able to withstand the weight of passengers in the rear seat.

I love my stepney too much so placing the amp in the wheel well is out of the question.

I can't fit it behind the rear seat as it only has a few flimsy metal rods for backing and moreover I regularly fold down the seat for additional luggage space.

Where the hell do I fit a GTO 75.4 in a swift.

3. I get a lot of hissing in the sound of my system. Tried reducing treble but that also results in reduced vocal clarity.

My present setup used to be 2 earthquake comps coupled to a Sony 4 channel amp. I want to upgrade these to an Infinity setup coupled to a 75.4 amp.

I have a GTO 1204BR sub coupled to a CS series monobloc. This performance I am happy with.

I am looking for vocal clarity in my setup and not hissing. All the gurus pleade help.

TIA
Vikram
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 02:02   #657
Senior - BHPian

which HU do you have and at what volume you listen to normally....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 02:16   #658
Senior - BHPian

I have a pioneer 7850BT Hu and normal listening volume is about 25%
Old 17th June 2007, 02:55   #659
Senior - BHPian

I meant to ask on the HU at what volume do you keep so that the HU is running quite loud....here from 1 to 63 ??
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 03:20   #660
Senior - BHPian

loud is anything above 25. normal listening volume is 10 - 15