Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 19th July 2007, 00:42   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i just got my car yesterday so no speakers.bass the main thing i want.
You can't possibly want Subwoofers and not want any speakers. Please tell me this is not true.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th July 2007 at 00:44.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 08:00   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You can't possibly want Subwoofers and not want any speakers. Please tell me this is not true.
No man i want speakers also but the setup should be so that i get a good thump out of it like 2 subs etc

what i have thought so far is front and rear speakers,2 subs 12" maybe and the amps to support this setup,1 4 channel and a mono amp maybe!!!

Wat do u advise??
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 12:34   #783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I want an ICE upgrade for my swift with a budge of 30-40K without the HU as i have a 2-DIN pioneer system with me .Kindly advise me as i am looking for subs and amps.Also as i stay in delhi the place to get the best install
is this what your HU looks like?
Pioneer FH-P4200MP CD Players,MP3 CD Player,Cassette Players

if so do you need the cassette function?
if not get a better HU.

HU: 8K with 3 RCA pre out from Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Kenwood or JVC
Front components and rear coax: 10K
Amp: 10K
Sub: 7K
Damping front doors, Wires and Install: 8K
--------
43K. If you get it all done at the same place you should be able to fit thin into 40K.

Brands
HU: Pio, Blau, Kenwood, JVC
Speakers: JBL GTO, Blau Thx/Thc, Hertz
Sub: JBL
Amp: JBL

sample system:
Pio 7950 HU 9K
JBL 4060 amp 11K
JBL GT4-12 in 1.25 cu ft box 7K
JBL 607 in front / 637 in rear 9K
wires and install: 3K
damping: 5K
use Hu to drive the 637

another option
Pio 6950 HU 8K
Amp: 2 x Blau GT Specials (6K each)
Speakers: Blau Thc 662/Thx662 (8K)
Sub: JBL DVC sub in box (7K)
damping wires and install: 8K
bridge 1 Blau amp to 2 channels and use it to drive each coil of JBL DVC sub.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 13:10   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is this what your HU looks like?
Pioneer FH-P4200MP CD Players,MP3 CD Player,Cassette Players

if so do you need the cassette function?
if not get a better HU.

HU: 8K with 3 RCA pre out from Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Kenwood or JVC
Front components and rear coax: 10K
Amp: 10K
Sub: 7K
Damping front doors, Wires and Install: 8K
--------
43K. If you get it all done at the same place you should be able to fit thin into 40K.

Brands
HU: Pio, Blau, Kenwood, JVC
Speakers: JBL GTO, Blau Thx/Thc, Hertz
Sub: JBL
Amp: JBL

sample system:
Pio 7950 HU 9K
JBL 4060 amp 11K
JBL GT4-12 in 1.25 cu ft box 7K
JBL 607 in front / 637 in rear 9K
wires and install: 3K
damping: 5K
use Hu to drive the 637

another option
Pio 6950 HU 8K
Amp: 2 x Blau GT Specials (6K each)
Speakers: Blau Thc 662/Thx662 (8K)
Sub: JBL DVC sub in box (7K)
damping wires and install: 8K
bridge 1 Blau amp to 2 channels and use it to drive each coil of JBL DVC sub.
No my Hu looks like this Pioneer FH-P5000MP 2-DIN AM/FM MP3/CD Player

Tell me whether this will do or i have to change the HU!!
the equipment is fine,but i wanna go in for 2 subs.for two subs do i need more amps?

also tell me the place where i can get the system installed in Delhi
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:36   #785
BHPian

Post Music set up for Swift

Hi Friends,

Can you please recommend the best music set up for a Petrol Swift? My budget is about 30k (Can increase it by 10% if required). I need a HU, 2 Co axial, 2 Component, 4 channel Amp & Sub. Can you advice me the set up with rough pricing. Also let me know if I have to look at something particular in the wiring.

Thanks in advance.........

Manoj

Last edited by aah78 : 20th July 2007 at 20:25. Reason: thread merged with The Swift Audio Thread - please post all queries there. thank you
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:13   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Hi Friends,

Can you please recommend the best music set up for a Petrol Swift? My budget is about 30k (Can increase it by 10% if required). I need a HU, 2 Co axial, 2 Component, 4 channel Amp & Sub. Can you advice me the set up with rough pricing. Also let me know if I have to look at something particular in the wiring.

Manoj
well if you buy all this stuff in the grey market without B&W it should cost this much

decent pioneer headunit around 8000.

set of components about 7000.

set of co axials about 4500-5000.(u get much cheaper ones also. i am talking about decent ones)

a 4 channel amp for the speakers 5000

subwoofer aruond 4500 to 5000.

amp for subwoofer 9000.

complete installation kit for the amps + installtion chargers+ sub box about 7000.

so totally around.45000.

i am no expert, i gathered this info while i was looking for an ice for my getz.

for the things u want, i think you should be ready to spend this much.

if u can go for it. i will give you the details of where to buy this stuff and installer info. i got mine installed by anwar in koramangala. you can also call him and he will give you a good idea of what to buy for your budget.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 23:25   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Hi Friends,

Manoj
Hi Manoj,

If you have a look through pages 50-53 you would get a good idea. All the guys here swear by JBL, and I too have joined them. You can buy a good HU from Pioneer, and rest from JBL. If you go through the entire thread you'll have loads of options.

Anshu
anshurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 08:06   #788
BHPian

Hi to all gurus of ICE ,
After reading extensively through ICE section , i went to ICE my swift with following confing in my mind.
(SQ was top on priority list, BUDGET-30k)
HU- alpine 9883
speakers-JBL GTO 637c at stock locations .
AMP-JBL75.4
sub- wasnt too sure about it as wifey instucted i shouldnot loose already small bootspace, so had in mind , something which will come out when i wanted boot space .

so , i went to all shops in gangtok, these are the probs i faced-
1. alpine HU - couldnt get it, no alpine HUs , they tried to push jvc sony, pioneer.settled for blau bahamas mp46.

2.speakers- JBL they said its expensive and bad, so nobody sells it, bought blau gtx173 6 inchs coaxial

3.sub and amp-only sonly sony 554 was found in the market, dropped the idea.

this was 1 month back, i didnot go to nearest big town...i.e. silliguri because there toono body stocks JBL, that might hv increased my choices with HU, but then finding a alpine there also is a suspect.

SO now I am not happy or satisfied with my ICE.THE speakers lacks lows and highs, there is distortion at anything above 50% vol, the sound is not rich enough( i hope this is the rite word)

SO now i have some one coming from delhi, i want to change/improve/upgrade my setup.
budget- again 30-35k
requirements-everything...

AND SAM SIR- PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT AVAILABLITY OF JBL IN THESE PARTS

REGARDS
ABHIJEET
dr.abhijeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:36   #789
BANNED

Post Please Suggest ICE Setup for Swift ..

Dear Audio Gurus ,

I am on look out for ICE for my 2 month old Swift VDI having a budget constrain of Rs 10,000.

HU (the only requirement being USB connectivity and good FM reception).

Speakers : Since the car would be mostly self driven and me having a budget constrain at this point of time I can just go in for good front speakers later on add the other two speakers and subwoofers.

Did some market research and tested Sony , Pioneer( might also consider JVC ). Sony appears the cheapest option but have not heard good feedback about it .For speakers I have read a lots about JBL (courtesy Pranky12345 and L_B_M Bhai ) .Should I got in for 2 pairs of coaxial speakers or components .Would like to know the difference between them ?

The typical music played would be : old Hindi songs / Soft and Romantic English songs ( I am still a bachelor ) and radio . Sound clarity is must.

I am not adverse on getting these without B/W but then it should be from a reliable source. Would also like to about any recommended Delhi ( Rohini , Paschim Vihar ) based dealers .
Kool_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:46   #790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear Audio Gurus ,

I am on look out for ICE for my 2 month old Swift VDI having a budget constrain of Rs 10,000. .
for 10K your HU would not have USB. A good USB HU like the Pio 79xx would cost you 9K itself. I think JVC might have a slightly cheaper option (at say 8K or so) but not much. At the least you wuld need 3K for decent coax speakers for the front. Components will cost more.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 13:54   #791
BANNED

Default Thanks Navin

Quote:
for 10K your HU would not have USB. A good USB HU like the Pio 79xx would cost you 9K itself. I think JVC might have a slightly cheaper option (at say 8K or so) but not much. At the least you wuld need 3K for decent coax speakers for the front. Components will cost more.
Thanks for the reply

In this case i will increase the buget to 14 K , I was presuming that without B/W sets might be cheaper ... Which one would you recommend in this case.
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:43   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I second that the USB connecticity will cost some money as they are new in the market. The best option is the 7950 which is for 9k. For the front I would suggest to go for a component kit only. the coax will not do any justice. JBL 607 is the best bet at 4.5k in grey...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:54   #793
BANNED

Post Thanks L_B_M

Quote:
I second that the USB connecticity will cost some money as they are new in the market. The best option is the 7950 which is for 9k. For the front I would suggest to go for a component kit only. the coax will not do any justice. JBL 607 is the best bet at 4.5k in grey...
Thanks for your Input L_B_M Bhai , i was just woundering does JVC HU systems also have a USB port .

Pranky12345 Sir .

Can you do your magic over here .. Can you please let me know what would 7950 or a JVC system cost me . I am really in a tight budget.
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:41   #794
Senior - BHPian

koolkid, for Pio HU (7950) i'm not getting good deal for myself and have to be dependent upon LBM's suggestions....

I had a recent experience of using a SONY CD HU....it was yak! 80% of the time it says "READ" and then "ERROR"! The sound is not good either. I'm using SONY cassette player coupled with Mp3 changer in my car for last 4-5 years and never had a problem like this and the sound is decent to me. (my judgement benchmark obviously!)

I've had some good experiences with JVC...easy to use, no frill HUs but they lack flashy features like Pio. Sound is also better than my Sony.

But ask yourself again...why do you need a USB port wala HU. Come on yaar, buy a decent CD holder and play your favorite MP3s/CDs. Flashy features like these have a premium price tag (i remember SAM casually saying "yeh sara system kareeb lakh sawa lakh mein aa jata hai" on CNBC.)

so my suggestion would be to go in for a basic JVC HU without B&W for app 3600-3800; JBL 937 (grey) 2700-2900; JBL coax (grey) :????

607 without an amp will not justify.

If you need HU and 937s let me know, I have a reliable source in Rohini.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:54   #795
BANNED

Cool Thanks Pranky12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
so my suggestion would be to go in for a basic JVC HU without B&W for app 3600-3800; JBL 937 (grey) 2700-2900; JBL coax (grey) :????
607 without an amp will not justify.
If you need HU and 937s let me know, I have a reliable source in Rohini.
Thanks a lot Pranky12345 , i have to agree with you ..
Can someone having any good / bad exp with JVC HU comment or suggest any particular model ..