Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 23:45   #1156
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
what are these softwares? where does one get them? how does one go about using them?
some like LEAP/LMS, MLSSA, Clio and Pen-Strobe have to be purchased and include dedicated hardware and some like LspCad, Calsod, etc.. have both free (limited) versions and pro versions that can be downloaded from the internet. I have no knowledge about the internet but our Google meister (aka LBM) might be able to help locate these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Heres my audio setup pics JBL607C, 937, Amp JBL 75.4, HU Pioneer 7950.More to add coming month may be JBL GTO 301.1 and GTO1204BR Subwoofer.
I assume the 301.1 with be installed at the opposite end of the 75.4 and the 1204BR will sit between the 2 amps.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 14:20   #1157
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Yes Navin Sir and for the woofers sound my installer had made hole in MDF which is clearly visible and covered with black fabric.Power and Audio Cabling part is already done for Mono Block Amp and Woofer at the time of installation.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 18:21   #1158
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Is the tweeter position ok??? Shouldn't it be up where the a pillar meets the body.Also 75.4 and GTO 301.1 are discontinued right??

Ajaybiz get stuff in GT5 series.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 18:55   #1159
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Nice setup Ajay.Hows the performance?
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 19:03   #1160
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

m4ugr8 if i put tweeter at that position it will be too bright cant bear that much of high frequency, yes officially present GTO is discontinued but i am hoping that it will be available in grey market atlest for another 2-3 months, and anyways GTO series is better then GT5(Sam sir your inputs please).
Jerish666 perfomance is kickass not feels like need a woofer, as 937 is doing preety decent job.Pioneer and JBL combo is very bright, but as per my installer after woofer and monoblock amp he will tune both the Amps once again for allround perfomance.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 19:39   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
m4ugr8 if i put tweeter at that position it will be too bright cant bear that much of high frequency, yes officially present GTO is discontinued but i am hoping that it will be available in grey market atlest for another 2-3 months, and anyways GTO series is better then GT5(Sam sir your inputs please).
Your tweeter position is fine. Leave it.
GTO amplifiers are not discontinued, the models you mention have been replaced by some newer GTO models. Your speakers etc. are very much current.
And yes, GTO is better/superior as compared to GT5.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 22:16   #1162
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Yes Navin Sir and for the woofers sound my installer had made hole in MDF which is clearly visible and covered with black fabric..
there was little need for that hole. bass freq would have still been felt in the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Is the tweeter position ok??? Shouldn't it be up where the a pillar meets the body..
the A pillar is suggested to those who dont want to wreck the door panel. otherwise it is fine. i prefer the door panel mount as it is closer to the woofer and further from the windshield.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 10:35   #1163
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
what are these softwares? where does one get them? how does one go about using them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
some like LEAP/LMS, MLSSA, Clio and Pen-Strobe have to be purchased and include dedicated hardware and some like LspCad, Calsod, etc.. have both free (limited) versions and pro versions that can be downloaded from the internet. I have no knowledge about the internet but our Google meister (aka LBM) might be able to help locate these.
These are instruments used by speaker manufacturer , they are of no use to the end user. But one thing I wanna add here, one can use the simulator for plotting the output of a sub-woofer. I my self use Win-ISD for the same.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 11:06   #1164
BHPian
 
Wimwian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 191
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Your tweeter position is fine. Leave it.
GTO amplifiers are not discontinued, the models you mention have been replaced by some newer GTO models. Your speakers etc. are very much current.
And yes, GTO is better/superior as compared to GT5.
Your Yetiship, has the GT4-12 sub been discontinued?

Currently I have a CS60.4 amp driving my front JBL607c compos and rear JBL637 co-axes. Been planning to get a sub but not sure if I should go for another amp. Is the 60.4 good enough for driving an amp (bridged mode) and the 607c compos? The 637s will then be driven off the HU. Don't wanna burden my battery by adding another amp, but not sure whether the 60.4 can produce enough juice to handle a sub well enough.

If yes, which sub should I go for? If not, which amp-sub combo do you suggest? Ideally I would like to stick with JBL since I'm quite happy with my current set-up and JBLs are easily available here.
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 11:19   #1165
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Your Yetiship, has the GT4-12 sub been discontinued?
Yes Wim, it has been discontinued in favour of the GT5-12 sub.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 11:23   #1166
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Your Yetiship, has the GT4-12 sub been discontinued?

Currently I have a CS60.4 amp driving my front JBL607c compos and rear JBL637 co-axes. Been planning to get a sub but not sure if I should go for another amp. Is the 60.4 good enough for driving an amp (bridged mode) and the 607c compos? The 637s will then be driven off the HU. Don't wanna burden my battery by adding another amp, but not sure whether the 60.4 can produce enough juice to handle a sub well enough.

If yes, which sub should I go for? If not, which amp-sub combo do you suggest? Ideally I would like to stick with JBL since I'm quite happy with my current set-up and JBLs are easily available here.
Wim, since YetiLord is very busy these days, I'd like to tell you that according to him, GT4-12 is available in the market as CS1204.

As far as the amplifier is concerned, the 60.4 is adequate to drive speakers, but would be underpowered for a sub - even though it is capable of driving a sub. If you're on a budget, you may consider doing that.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 19th November 2007 at 11:25.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 11:28   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Wim, since YetiLord is very busy these days,
Yes I am. I apologise for my extended absence from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
GT4-12 is available in the market as CS1204.
Maybe. And not yet.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 12:02   #1168
BHPian
 
Wimwian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 191
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Thanks Raghu & Sam.

Can you also suggest a good amp+sub combo within 12K?

Would also like some advice on damping. I have a budget of 4K, how much damping can I get done in that? Which areas should I target first?
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:53   #1169
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Thanks Raghu & Sam.

Can you also suggest a good amp+sub combo within 12K?

Would also like some advice on damping. I have a budget of 4K, how much damping can I get done in that? Which areas should I target first?
for 4K you can damp your 2 front doors well this is where damping is most effective.

you can get a 12" sub for about 5K and a 2 ch. amp for 3-5K so for under 12K there are plenty of subs-amps combos. one fav is the JBL woofer driven by a sony amp.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 13:10   #1170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I am planning to install Pioneer 7950UB to swift. Gray market price in Bangalore is around Rs 9500. Iíve listened to the head unit in my friendís car and I am satisfied with it. One advantage is it has USB connectivity.

Some one recommended me Alpine CDA9887. I neither get a chance to see the head unit nor know the price in Bangalore ( can anyone please update the price of the same in Bangalore ?) One colleague of mine is coming from US and looks like I will get 9887 around USD 300 from US.

My Budge for a HU is around 10K and was looking for USB connectivity also. Gurus, please tell me is it worth spending extra money on Alpine, would it be worth and it does not have USB connectivity. What else do I need to look for HU from US, someone mentioned FM radio bands are different.

Please help.
Limpid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine, Image Dynamics, TRU Tech hydrashok In-Car Entertainment 239 26th July 2009 11:54
Pimping My Ride Swift ICE Upgrade vrrraju In-Car Entertainment 34 28th January 2009 15:13
ICE Upgrade-Swift JBL'ed thirst4torque In-Car Entertainment 4 13th March 2008 12:21
swift ICE upgrade - come share my joy :) ibcool In-Car Entertainment 20 18th October 2007 13:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:28.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks