Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th February 2008, 20:58   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Guys Ill be getting My swift Vxi soon. Just needed help on choice of
Pioneer HU . sould i go for 5050 HU or 6050HU of Pioneer? Any suggestions?
and I also need some decent JBL speakers. Any comments would be very very helpful!!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 16:43   #1367

Hi All,

I went to the Sachin's Autoshop today looking out for JBL speakers. I am just looking for the speakers (front coaxials and back ovals). I enquired about the GTO60 and GTO937. He had those but he suggested me GT5650c and GT5963, reason behind this was:
"GT5 series is a 2008 series and as you are not going for sub and amps this would be a best buy. also the GT5 series has a 4Ohm resister compared to 2Ohms in GTO and you get better sound quality and base in GT5"
How true are those comments?
I listed to both the speakers (ovals) there was a good amount of difference between GTO937 and GT5963 related to bass and clarity!

Later i found that the GT5 doesnt have a the cross overs and have to be brought seperately??
Now, I am confused as to go for GTO/GT5!
Here is the quotation he gave:
GTO607c: Rs.5500
GTO937: Rs.3500
GT5650c: Rs.4500
GT5963: Rs. 3200
Wodden ring: Rs.150
Wodden Plank: Rs. 850
wiring harness: Rs. 250
Is this price good??
I am planning to go to the Autofusion later today.
Please comment!
Nash
nash1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 18:58   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Guys Ill be getting My swift Vxi soon. Just needed help on choice of
Pioneer HU . sould i go for 5050 HU or 6050HU of Pioneer? Any suggestions?
and I also need some decent JBL speakers. Any comments would be very very helpful!!
From what I understand, the main difference between the two is on the display with the 6050 having a 3 line display. Both have AUX IN and USB capability. AFAIK there's no difference in sound quality. Can the Guru's confirm this?
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 19:31   #1369
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash1980 View Post
Hi All,

I went to the Sachin's Autoshop today looking out for JBL speakers. I am just looking for the speakers (front coaxials and back ovals). I enquired about the GTO60 and GTO937. He had those but he suggested me GT5650c and GT5963, reason behind this was:
"GT5 series is a 2008 series and as you are not going for sub and amps this would be a best buy. also the GT5 series has a 4Ohm resister compared to 2Ohms in GTO and you get better sound quality and base in GT5"
How true are those comments?
I listed to both the speakers (ovals) there was a good amount of difference between GTO937 and GT5963 related to bass and clarity!

Later i found that the GT5 doesnt have a the cross overs and have to be brought seperately??
Now, I am confused as to go for GTO/GT5!
Here is the quotation he gave:
GTO607c: Rs.5500
GTO937: Rs.3500
GT5650c: Rs.4500
GT5963: Rs. 3200
Wodden ring: Rs.150
Wodden Plank: Rs. 850
wiring harness: Rs. 250
Is this price good??
I am planning to go to the Autofusion later today.
Please comment!
Nash

Hi. Not sure about the tech stuff about the ohms and resistors, but you absolutely DO NOT have to but seperate cross overs for JBL 937 or 963.
I have seem them only on Polks.
The rates for the speakers are on the higher side. T-bhp members have bought GTO937 for under 3K (grey).
And don't fall for the 2007 or 2008 logic. they both are different, GTO being the higher end compared to GT5.

Please take a second opinion from another installer. And as for the speakers - listen and buy what you like.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 20:42   #1370

@RAC

Thanks for the information. I forgot to mention that this is with bill & Warrenty.
Even i got very good prices from some of the shops, but couldnt believe on them or their quality of work.
And being the fact that Autoshop was referred in one of the topic for good quality work and finishing. Called up soundfactor (lavelle road) and went to Autofusion (koramangala) (also refferred in one of the topic as most preferred vendors), those are selling at MRP and fitting and wiring extra! Considering this, i thought the prices offered by Autoshop was good.
Waiting for the reply's and suggestions from the Gurus!

Nash
Old 18th February 2008, 21:07   #1371

Default ICR FOR Swift

Hi

Gone throught all the threads thrice....confused big time...

Recently bought Swift and wish to go for the following system for ICE. I am a novice so pls do not mind my ignorance.Need expert advise from you gurus...

1)Infinity 6020CS -- front door
2)Infinity 6022i- rear door
3)Amp- blanupunkt- GTA 475
4)Woofer - yet to decide.
5)Head unit - Pionner 6050

i need to understand that for rear doors, is the above config okay, why most of people suggest JBL GTO series and if JBL is good which model..

is it necessary to have woofer at first stage...if i leave woofer aside will the above config work...My budget is 20-25 k.

I am most confused about rear speakers- the postion and the make....

What about amp -any other 4 channel AMP which can serve the above config better.

Pls guide me..I am completely new to this ICE part....

Thanks in advance
sanjaylakhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 11:13   #1372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaylakhani View Post
1)Infinity 6020CS -- front door
2)Infinity 6022i- rear door
i need to understand that for rear doors, is the above config okay, why most of people suggest JBL GTO series and if JBL is good which model..

is it necessary to have woofer at first stage...if i leave woofer aside will the above config work...My budget is 20-25 k.
What about amp -any other 4 channel AMP which can serve the above config better.
FYI, JBL and Infinty are sister brands both owned by Harman Intl. They cater to different tastes and I would suggest listening to both before deciding which you prefer.

It is not nesscary to have a woofer but it helps especially if the music you listen to has a lot of bass.

What do you want to buy for 20-25K? HU+speakers? Amp+speakers? HU+Amp+Speakers?

Other decent 4 ch. amps are the JBL GT5-A604, Kenwood 8041, Pio 6300, and Blaupunkt GT4 Special.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:12   #1373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
FYI, JBL and Infinty are sister brands both owned by Harman Intl. They cater to different tastes and I would suggest listening to both before deciding which you prefer.
Hey Navin,
What different tastes do these brands cater to ? Which one is more suitable for instrumentals, bollywood songs including oldies at not very loud volumes. Will be driven solely by a Pio HU, most probably the 4050UB
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 14:03   #1374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hey Navin,
What different tastes do these brands cater to ? Which one is more suitable for instrumentals, bollywood songs including oldies at not very loud volumes. Will be driven solely by a Pio HU, most probably the 4050UB
Trust me it is a lot better to be listening to the speakers than wondering about someone else's opinion.
Old 19th February 2008, 14:51   #1375

Hi All,

Could you please comment on the quotation i have received from Sachin's Auto Shop (koramangala).

I wanted to get the speakers connected this week (with all of your help)!

Thanks,
Nash
Old 19th February 2008, 16:02   #1376
Senior - BHPian

If with b&w, the prices are OK. Go for the GTO (607c and 937).
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 20:27   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hey Navin,
You can always audition Infinity and JBL to check if they match your requirements. But for the rest of the speakers which you cannot audition, here is a very generalized formula (NOTE: this is too generalized and may not hold good for all speakers)

US based speakers tend to be little bright
European based speakers tend to be little laid back.

It has got to do with the kind of music that is popular in the country where the speaker designers belong. Most US based speakers tend to cater well for Rock and pop. Most European tend to be good with acoustic instruments.

Listening to a speaker is not always practical in India. Do your research in the internet to find reviews of the speaker that you buy to know more about the speakers.
RobertClive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 20:34   #1378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertClive View Post
Do your research in the internet to find reviews of the speaker that you buy to know more about the speakers.
Thats what I am doing. For me, ICE on the net = Team BHP
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 21:04   #1379
BHPian

Good to know.... And do post what you finally buy with your inference.
RobertClive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 22:12   #1380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertClive View Post
US based speakers tend to be little bright
European based speakers tend to be little laid back..
US has (or rather had) East Coast and West Coast sounds. Within the EU Danish/Norwegian, French, German and UK each have their own signature.

However today with a globalised (read as "built in China") world these boundaries have all but disappeared.