Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th May 2006, 11:29   #16
BHPian

also guys .. here are a few pics of my car.. shown the inside.. now here is the outside.. i kinda dont like body kits.. reduces the functionality of the car.. especially with the bloody speed breakers here ... but yeah have got koni shocks.. got good year eagle f1 eagle 195/55/r 14 and orginal K speed alloys that i brought down myself from japan... one of the benefits of being a Dj get free tickets hehehe

so here she is..

Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 11:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Tool my friend... How goes it. Fancy seeing you here... lol
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 12:43   #18
BHPian

heheh.. hey sam.. its a very pleasent surprise bro
how are you doing ? its been long !!! just got back from the states after doing my sound engineering... bro msg me your number... would love to get in touch with you

take care...
Old 29th May 2006, 14:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
umm hey gunbir... what i dont like is that it is kinda underpowered ... what i listen to a lot is Goa psychedelic trance.. i make Goa trance.. and run 2 record labels dealing in the same aswell.. heheh that was a little bit about me.. hehehe
when i play hip hop the audiobahn kinda sounds better.. but at High BPM say 150 beats per minute.. the audiobahn just cant keep up.. and also the amount of bass is also lower as compared to hip hop..
and i have all this in a 2006 esteem..
thanx a lot for the help again gunbir

also umm all my tracks are original cd's.. or DAT masters..
A lot of subs have trouble keeping up with music like trance which is fast-paced and demands that the sub be really swift and keep up with the mids and highs. It can be very irritating to have a sub lag behind and make the whole experience disjointed. I wouldn't regard the Audiobahn as underpowered because the sub in concern is rated at 700W rms, and the amp easily puts out more than that at 2 ohms.

The Audiobahn is a good powerful sub, but I wouldn't call it fast. Rightly, Illusion Audio and Image Dynamics would be amongst the top choices here. It's not true that Illusion Audio subs wouldn't be justified for use when you listen to the occassional RnB, they work just fine. People get that impression because they have an extremely flat response and will not unnecessarily grunt at 40Hz when not desired. Illusion Audio has been repeatedly rated as amongst the best subwoofers even when compared to subs at over twice the price. Illusion Audio uses a neodymium magnet and a very light cone and hence the speed.

All Audiobahn dealers are dealers for Illusion Audio too, and I am almost certain that a good buy-back/ exchange scheme can be worked out for you. The AW1200N is in good demand even in the used subs market, so that shouldn't be difficult to accomplish.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 17:55   #20
BHPian

hey bass and trouble..
thanx for that bit of information was really helpfull.. and im sorry i didnt mean to phrase my statements like that... even i wouldnt call the aw1200N underpowered.. it just kinda came out like that.. sorry about that...what i kinda meant was that the sub cant handle the power being generated.. exactly as you mentioned..
my friend bimal ( he is also the distributor for illusion audio ).. had a nd12 in his car.. sounded really good.. but buying 2 of those would just prove to be mad expensive...

so i have settled on a pair of Image Dynamics idq 12's in a sealed box... now i just hope that i get a good buy back on this sub.. cause its still under warranty too.. had it only for 4 months... and still have the original packing and manuals and the whole lot including the big wooden box the sub comes in ..
so i got my fingers crossed.. hopefully should get 6000.. im hoping hehehehe
but again.. thanx for the help bass & trouble

Big Boom
Old 29th May 2006, 18:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
so i have settled on a pair of Image Dynamics idq 12's in a sealed box... now i just hope that i get a good buy back on this sub.. cause its still under warranty too.. had it only for 4 months... and still have the original packing and manuals and the whole lot including the big wooden box the sub comes in ..
so i got my fingers crossed.. hopefully should get 6000.. im hoping

Hey tool,

You can try posting it at the Market-place section. You might get what you're looking for there.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 21:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

AS a NOOBIE he'll need help posting it in there!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2006, 22:16   #23
BHPian

heheh no no guys.. no worries there....
was just wondering.. hehehe.. could use the money to ummm Smoke?/ hahaha kidding...
but yeah.. maybe it will be better off in some friends car who wants it.. although i dont have any takers hehehe..all my friends either got a sub or dont have the power to drive this guy... so looks like its cold storage for the aw1200N
cause 6000 rs is not much really.. might as well hold on to the damn sub.....that remark about seeling was my brain thinking out aloud in PRINT hahahaha..
sorry guys.. BOOOM
Old 29th May 2006, 22:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a pair if IDQs
Man!!... tell me what does two of them do - that one of them cant??... other than SPL??

I am kinda mulling this one/two thingy myself!
Old 29th May 2006, 22:31   #25
BHPian

hehehe i was too.. but for me the decision was based on my amp.. it puts out 1000 watt nominal..and these subs.. the idq the hertz and nd12 all are around the 500 watt nominal rating...so to use my amp properly i got 2 .. not to mention that 2 subs if powered properly will give you load SQ for sure.. but will also give loads of spl.. and i think that this is a killer setup for those looking to get killer SQ and also want the SPL.. it will be like killer sq with killer spl.. call it a effort to get the best of both world.. dont wanna sacrice quality over quantity...so i got 2

Last edited by Tool : 29th May 2006 at 22:38.
Old 29th May 2006, 22:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

quite a sight you will make ... "bouncing" down the road in that esteem of yours!(considering how light the car is!)

Last edited by kb100 : 29th May 2006 at 22:37.
Old 29th May 2006, 23:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Man!!... tell me what does two of them do - that one of them cant??... other than SPL??

I am kinda mulling this one/two thingy myself!
Say your listening taste requires X output from your sub all the time. Say one sub gives out X output max. You will be 'redlining' it all the time, thereby operating it outside its 'Linear Functioning Area'** to achieve the output you need.

Now see the same scenario where you have ample power to run 2 subs. To achieve X output two of them will only have to work half as much as the sub in the one sub scenario. So you will still be able to run them in their LFA** and get a smoother response while still getting the output you want. As a bonus, you could even get louder than X output if and when required.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 12:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Say your listening taste requires X output from your sub all the time. Say one sub gives out X output max. You will be 'redlining' it all the time, thereby operating it outside its 'Linear Functioning Area'** to achieve the output you need.

Now see the same scenario where you have ample power to run 2 subs. To achieve X output two of them will only have to work half as much as the sub in the one sub scenario. So you will still be able to run them in their LFA** and get a smoother response while still getting the output you want. As a bonus, you could even get louder than X output if and when required.
Hence Gunman.... Pro and Con time...

HOw would TWO X IDQ 10's compare with 2 X ID V3 10" or 12"

How would TWO X IDQ 12" compare with 2 X ID V3 10" or 12"

(And all the other possible combinations!!)
Old 30th May 2006, 16:15   #29
BHPian

hey bro kb100...
umm instead of just comparing subs... why dont you tell us how willl you be powering them... cause without that.. its very hard to recommend a sub....
also.. i know a guy with 2 12 inch and 1 15 inch in his car.. and it still didnt bounce :( i wonder why... and i wish i could get my car too bounce bro... id have a free hydraulics setup then heheheh.. also if it does bounce... gunbir.. ill need another amp and another sub.. for Weight.. hahahaha to make sure she stops bouncing... hopefully the extra weight of the subs and amp will stop it from bouncing hehehehehe
hey gguys dont get angruy .. i was just simply kidding around... i know it might be too much .. but i never run at fulll volume.. i like the bass notes to come out crip even at low volumes.. and 1 sub in my boot simply wont deliverenough bass... especially not at 500 watts...so i got 2.. will run much cleaner bro....also.. u show me a SQ sub thats rated at 1500 Watt and then ill only buy 1 .. hehe... although one question is still left unanswered....spl or sql or both.. what do u want ????

Last edited by Tool : 30th May 2006 at 16:22.
Old 30th May 2006, 16:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Heck no Gunbir, what are you saying? Two subs aint no good unless they be runnin through 2 dedicated Pioneer 6500 equalizers. Otherwise it's all the same. Let me quickly put a smiley or two here lest people start doubting my sanity

There is a downside to 2 subs though, or 3 for that matter. It takes up a lot of space in your trunk, and leaves very little space to dump mutilated corpses of hookers that pissed you off, Medical Detectives style.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote