Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 17:45   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
better go for JBl speakers ,save on a pioneer's Hu(buy a one in 6-6.5k)....rest 6 k invest in speakers
Theres nothing in that range with Warranty. The cheapest I could find that suits my application is DEH 2850 at Rs.7500 I have chosen DEH 3850 priced at Rs.8000. It comes with Multi colour display and a remote(Dont consider it to be that useful)
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:24   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Bass,

This has confused me due to the reason that I am totally new to car audio systems. Can you tell me the best combination (front and rear) speakers for the Pioneer DEH 3850 (50W x 4 )?

I am looking at obatining good bass and of course I want the speakers to live long......
Sheesh Sorry!

Sam Guruji should be able to guide you better about which lifetime companions you should be selecting from his harem. Actually that makes him Sam Maharaj, not Guruji. Most Guruji's live a life of abstinence.

Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:28   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Just want to know Which speakers give good bass effect (No Plan to install Sub) Just 2 speakers in back.. Will Pioneer / JBL gives good effect ?
prakash2757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Sam Guruji should be able to guide you better about which lifetime companions you should be selecting from his harem. Actually that makes him Sam Maharaj, not Guruji. Most Guruji's live a life of abstinence.
This is your week B&T, make the best of it. laugh it up boy

Baaki bacha abstinence? Na na na na.
I'm a decent family man yaar. Just dont have a family or wife yet. Meanwhile, just practising how to make children, so I get it right when the time's right. It's Gd's will. And I'm a holey man.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd June 2006 at 00:17.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:35   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
This is your week B&T, make the best of it. laugh it up boy

Baaki bacha abstinence? Na na na na.
I'm a decent family man yaar. Just dont have a family or wife yet. Meanwhile, just practising how to make children, so I get it right when the time's right. It's Gd's will. And I'm a holey man.
Sam,

Still waiting for gyaan from you on my query.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:45   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Hi!

I didn't say much about the advice because you got good advice. Given a choice between the pioneer speakers and the JBL, most people would choose the JBL without thinking. Your head unit also seems to be the best at that price. Go right ahead, you are on the right track.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:51   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

mail4ajo, The forum rules dictate that the Pros (JB, Sam, Gunbir etc..) cannot recommend brands they sell. After all TBHP is not a commercial forum. As we have gorwn our rules have gotten more restraining. I wish we could be more subjective but being a public forum we have to offer equal opportunity to all and in that case any deviation from our policies would lead to mayhem.

That said I will tell you on 2 occasions I had the opportunity to get friends systems costing about 14-15K incl the HU.

The HUs chosen were a Sony (becuase the friend wanted a front Aux in) and a Blaupunkt (becuase the friend liked the BLUE lit up display).

Speakers listened to were in order of listening JBL CS, Sony, Pio and Blaupunkt GTO. All speakers cost about 6K for 2 pairs (4" pair adn 5" pair).

In both cases the friends themsleves discarded the Sony and Pio very quickly and then recompared the Blau to the JBL and eventully chose the JBL CS. One friend the one who got the Sony HU (he is a big Sony fan) quickly learnt that Sony does not make great speakers atleast not as good as other brands. He was miffed at this news but had heard the proof himself.

I did not offer any suggestions expect telling them (and their wives) to truest their ears. However I did choose the initial order of spekaers they listened to. KNowing fully well what to expect I wanted them to hear the difference between teh JBL CS and the popular Sony Explod. BTW Sony Explod outsells JBL esp at these price points.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 14:22   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Here are the snaps of the setup:Thanks once again to all who came me the proffessional advice on my buying decision.

The HU



Rear Speakers


Speaker Install

Last edited by mail4ajo : 25th June 2006 at 14:25.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 14:41   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

DAmn Cool... Congratulations and enjoy your sound man!!!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 16:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Pio with rear speakers? Dont Alto have space for frnt speakers? And can you post the breakup of teh setup. Either post it here or in the ICE@What price thread
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 22:33   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Pio with rear speakers? Dont Alto have space for frnt speakers? And can you post the breakup of teh setup. Either post it here or in the ICE@What price thread
Jkdas,I have front speakers as well. Thats TS A1010 (100W)-Rs 1200
HU is DEH 3850MP-Rs 7950
Rear speakers-TS A6961-Rs 2750

I got a 5% discount on this.All with bill and warranty. One year theft insurance for HU.
All dealings was through local rep of AUTOCOP-Authorised Pioneer importers. Hence got good service. This setup is pretty modest, but pretty cool for my kind of use. May look at an upgrade in about a year.

Your expert advice helped
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 23:52   #27
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Jkdas,I have front speakers as well. Thats TS A1010 (100W)-Rs 1200
HU is DEH 3850MP-Rs 7950
Rear speakers-TS A6961-Rs 2750

I got a 5% discount on this.All with bill and warranty. One year theft insurance for HU.
All dealings was through local rep of AUTOCOP-Authorised Pioneer importers. Hence got good service. This setup is pretty modest, but pretty cool for my kind of use. May look at an upgrade in about a year.

Your expert advice helped
Reminds me of ICEing up my ALTO for fist time. (It was still not under my ownership though). I took a PIO 2850 HU for 4300/-, TS A1010 fitted on stock locations for 700/-, TS A6961 fitted on boot door for 1800/- (All grey), JBL tweeters (B&W) fitted on kick panels for 2200+/- and MDF panel to fit speakers in boot door for 500/-. The whole setup cost me 9500/- and installation, cables etc.. came free. I did'nt get any warranty for PIOs.
But that 6X9"s in boot door causes lot of vibrations and unwanted noises. Is'nt it? especially in high volume?
That was my first reason to upgrade this setup and after spending about 1-1.5L on this thingy called car audio, I'm now back to where I started : "it does'nt sound so nice" etc.. But the worst thing is : "I'm willing to spend more to get the latest setup correct" type of dialogues coming out of my mouth!!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 12:25   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Reminds me of ICEing up my ALTO for fist time. (It was still not under my ownership though). I took a PIO 2850 HU for 4300/-, TS A1010 fitted on stock locations for 700/-, TS A6961 fitted on boot door for 1800/- (All grey), JBL tweeters (B&W) fitted on kick panels for 2200+/- and MDF panel to fit speakers in boot door for 500/-. The whole setup cost me 9500/- and installation, cables etc.. came free. I did'nt get any warranty for PIOs.
But that 6X9"s in boot door causes lot of vibrations and unwanted noises. Is'nt it? especially in high volume?
That was my first reason to upgrade this setup and after spending about 1-1.5L on this thingy called car audio, I'm now back to where I started : "it does'nt sound so nice" etc.. But the worst thing is : "I'm willing to spend more to get the latest setup correct" type of dialogues coming out of my mouth!!!
You had quite a lot of ampere to have the 1.5L audio on the Alto. Thats almost half the cost of the car .

Zuhemi's cousin is my close friend. Have visited Emperor so many times. Liked his old Sierra audio setup year back.

A tech question..Will I get good difference if I fit a pair of quality tweeters? Where is the apt location for install?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 19:13   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
A tech question..Will I get good difference if I fit a pair of quality tweeters? Where is the apt location for install?
Tweeters as a part of a component set ... YES you will... and the A pillar is the place to put it!.. But of course location is also dictated by whether the set itself has a good on-axis or an off-axis response..

Lol... I have managed to sound like Navin!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2006, 19:37   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Lol... I have managed to sound like Navin!
geez. Do I sound like that?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer exits from Home Audio-Video & DJ Business. To focus on Car Audio iVento Gadgets, Computers & Software 2 23rd September 2014 12:52
Need help for Audio System for my Car - Pioneer double din + RF speaker mshekhar In-Car Entertainment 2 5th December 2009 15:07
Error 11 on a Pioneer DEH-P6850MP Audio system triedeverything In-Car Entertainment 5 15th July 2009 16:42
BlueTooth Car Audio System + Security System venky6009 In-Car Entertainment 1 2nd November 2007 04:45
Car Audio System for ALTO Budget Rs 20,000 sandekumar In-Car Entertainment 19 28th August 2006 16:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks