Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 17:31   #1
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Santro Xing Accoustics

Hey guys ,
I drive a Santro Xing 2005...
I got a Blaupunkt Sevilla ( 25W RMS x4 ) with a pair of Infinity Kappa refernce 6x9 rears ( 100 w RMS ) and a pair of JBL 4 inch fronts.


looking to upgrade for a better installation of rears as they are installed in a boxed enclosure.... on the floor...which eats up most of the sound...

Also need to add punch on the fronts with components add ons...
Can you help??

I dont want to go in for subwoofers as the imaging totally gets lost...and i dotn listen to techno or heavy hip hop...
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

What is Inifinity Kappa Reference???

You don't listen to techno or hip-hop, why would you want the fronts to be extra punchy. I think the JBLs are well built for the intended sound. You could improve the overall experience by adding a 4-ch amp, about 4x50 rms clean power should do the job.

Subs don't screw your imaging. They mostly have nothing to do with imaging. They can only cause the bass to sound disjointed if it's a bad sub or not integrated well with the fronts. Some time alignment also helps the cause. You'd be better off with your imaging by paying more attention to tweeter/ midrange placement.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 18:53   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

U can add a amp as reffered by B&T. And try changing the front jbl with a good componet set and install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear.

As for the sub try using a active sub of good make and see how much diff does the sub make in ur listening PLEASURE............mmmmmmmm......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

sk456 welcome to Tbhp.

Get a good 4 channel amp as B&T said. Compos for Xing means you need some modification like fibre setup.

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd June 2006 at 19:30.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 09:32   #5
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

wow...everyone's a guru now! :-) LOL. just Kidding. but it was funny to read 2 opinons all saying the same thing. Get the picture SK, GET AN AMP! :-) (the 1 smiley rule is now 2 smileys).

Last edited by navin : 3rd June 2006 at 09:33.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:11   #6
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Thanx Guys

hEY gys,

Thanx for the tips!..

the tip of
"install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear."

sounds like a good idea -- Also can I use the JBL 4 inchers a part of a component series or would I have to buy a totally new set?


what amp and componenets/sub would u suggest.... ? and where would you recommend in delhi that I get the work done abt gettign teh customization done?
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
hEY gys,

Thanx for the tips!..

the tip of
"install the kappa 6x9 near the above seat level on a mdf tray so that the thing u want the imaging of the sound gets clear."

sounds like a good idea -- Also can I use the JBL 4 inchers a part of a component series or would I have to buy a totally new set?



what amp and componenets/sub would u suggest.... ? and where would you recommend in delhi that I get the work done abt gettign teh customization done?
Whats that? I didnt understand.

Get GTO 4inchers for frnt pods. 4 channel amps start frm 5k (sony B&W) to 13k for JBL GTO 75.4. Alpine comes to 12-13k I guess. Pios frm 7k.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:41   #8
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

hey JKD,


My point that I wanted to make was that the rear speaker placement on a MDF tray near the seat level at teh back was a good idea.. currently i have them on the floor at the back inside a woofer box...

I already have 4 inch JBL's in teh front... My point was that when I turn up the volume a bit the fronts cant take the bass... so I guess I need soem kind of components.... Can I use my existing 4 inch fronts as part of a component set up...( without having to replace them )....

Are blaupunkt amps any good? I really liek my CD player...

Something I miised abt my current setup....
The mids and the highs are exceptional...The INFINITIES ( 100W RMS) really rock!! Probaly they would be even better with a AMP as they have ahardly been pushed to there potential!!! ( as my CD player is only 25RMS x4) .The bass probaly woudl be also Ok with a correct set up....

Can you suggest a good place in DELHI where I can get the work down and where the merchant knows his stuff!!! Most of them dont at all.....
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:44   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
Are blaupunkt amps any good? I really liek my CD player... ....
Some Velocity amps are good. The rest a triffle rough.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:46   #10
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

hey guys..I think im missing out on what components are??? As compared to a pair of 4 inchers for the front?? Can anyone explain me the diff??
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 18:34   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Sk

Components are speakers which use seperate components to produce various frequency ranges...hence the term Components! They are also known as Comps.. seperates... twoways... threeways etc..

For eg a two way component will mean that you have a speaker to produce mib-bass and midrange - and a seperate tweeter for the high frequencies..

Three way will mean the mid bass, mid range, and high frequency all are reproduced using seperate dedicated speakers (the last a tweeter!! before I get flamed!)

These components will need to be fed frequencies between specified limits - this splitting is done by a "crossover" ... In a PASSIVE set up the signall fiirst goes to the amp, gets amplified, and then gets fed into a crossover which further splits the signals and feeds the speakers .. these crossovers are called PASSIVE crossovers and are generally are sold along with the component kit.. ..This is generally accepted as the best way of doing this and 95% of the ICEd population uses passive setups (leaves the complicated math for someone else to do!)

In case of an ACTIVE set up you use the crossover of the HU or an external crossover to break the signal up - then feed it into an amp which then sends dedicated amplified signal to each of the components... In other words each band - the mind-bass,midrange and high frequency- is amplified seperately and fed direct into the speakers.. This however will entail use of a 6channel amp for a two way + sub setup.. and an eight channel or Two Four Channels, .. (or any combination thereof) for a three-way + Sub arrangement.. Not to mention - this is NOT to be attempted unless you have an indepth understanding of sound/frequencies/slopes etc.. you run the serious risk of blowing up your hard earned/begged/borrowed(as in mycase) money!

Hope this clarifies!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 09:48   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

WAAAH! KB stole my thunder! :-) just kidding.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 10:04   #13
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Sk

Components are speakers which use seperate components to produce various frequency ranges...hence the term Components! They are also known as Comps.. seperates... twoways... threeways etc..

For eg a two way component will mean that you have a speaker to produce mib-bass and midrange - and a seperate tweeter for the high frequencies..

Three way will mean the mid bass, mid range, and high frequency all are reproduced using seperate dedicated speakers (the last a tweeter!! before I get flamed!)

These components will need to be fed frequencies between specified limits - this splitting is done by a "crossover" ... In a PASSIVE set up the signall fiirst goes to the amp, gets amplified, and then gets fed into a crossover which further splits the signals and feeds the speakers .. these crossovers are called PASSIVE crossovers and are generally are sold along with the component kit.. ..This is generally accepted as the best way of doing this and 95% of the ICEd population uses passive setups (leaves the complicated math for someone else to do!)

In case of an ACTIVE set up you use the crossover of the HU or an external crossover to break the signal up - then feed it into an amp which then sends dedicated amplified signal to each of the components... In other words each band - the mind-bass,midrange and high frequency- is amplified seperately and fed direct into the speakers.. This however will entail use of a 6channel amp for a two way + sub setup.. and an eight channel or Two Four Channels, .. (or any combination thereof) for a three-way + Sub arrangement.. Not to mention - this is NOT to be attempted unless you have an indepth understanding of sound/frequencies/slopes etc.. you run the serious risk of blowing up your hard earned/begged/borrowed(as in mycase) money!

Hope this clarifies!
Cool man..it does>>> ... well ill have to resort to the begging and borowing part to get ICEd so to say.....and I thought 27K which i have already spent was a lot of money......felt guilty for a week....
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 10:16   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

... Whaat is that I see on my head?... lil buds.. beginnings of the horns of a guru!... The horn itself will take about an entire lifetime to take shape at the pace at which I am learning! ..;o)
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 10:44   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
WAAAH! KB stole my thunder! :-) just kidding.

time to retire........or see ur knowledge being widespread!!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Santro Xing vs old Santro Xing (eRLX) DCEite The Indian Car Scene 3 21st May 2012 21:48
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine sathee46 In-Car Entertainment 239 1st June 2010 16:01
One question about tyres of Old Santro and New Santro Xing DDGuy Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 12th November 2008 13:35
Accoustics for Swift Hackett In-Car Entertainment 16 2nd June 2005 00:37
Ridiculous Santro Xing ad Dippy The Indian Car Scene 7 19th March 2004 19:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks