Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th September 2006, 06:33   #676
BANNED

I am! I am!

Please Sam! May I join you?
Married can also apply, Ain't it?
Aah, C'mon now! We're quite experienced like bachelors in these matters!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 11:41   #677
Senior - BHPian

Me too Sam!! It's high time we did something to stop these daily issues. It's something I've been thinking about for a while & as you put it "A revolution is definitely required."

P.S. Any progress on the forum you were coming up with?? That would be a revolution & a lot of help for us bachelors!! Even Elf wants to be a MOD on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Wake up before it's too late.
AMEN

Last edited by iraghava : 10th September 2006 at 11:45.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 12:00   #678
Senior - BHPian

COUNT ME IN !!!... I'd like to do QC
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 12:28   #679
Senior - BHPian

We dream it...............

SAM, He LIVES it !!!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 14:59   #680
BANNED

BTW, Guyz! Where're the lightings for KB's ICE???
S0uljah!!! maybe you can let him know what's the story in Bangy with lights!

A good ICE setup will definitely sound well. But to make it look good is also nice.
Old 10th September 2006, 16:22   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
BTW, Guyz! Where're the lightings for KB's ICE???
S0uljah!!! maybe you can let him know what's the story in Bangy with lights!

A good ICE setup will definitely sound well. But to make it look good is also nice.
zak back to normal........discussing ICE again......lol
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 18:53   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangy!!! Where else???
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Dont know if its cheaper here than cochin...

Kb chetta... ask Mclaren or psycho to check with autofusion guys for products and pricing.

Alternatively EBbass ... and probably top gear also, as I have seen installs from these 2 places with neon wiring + the plexiglass amp shielding that you mentioned.
EB Bass, Shivananda Circle (Adjacent to Shivananda Stores).
+91 80 51136312.
Old 10th September 2006, 18:58   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
EB Bass, Shivananda Circle (Adjacent to Shivananda Stores).
+91 80 51136312.
Romba Tanx s0uljah... Now to figure out if I can get anyone to drop them a visit ...

Still need ideas/... what do we do to get that understated yet chic look!
Old 10th September 2006, 19:46   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
There are people in the business who absurdly price their products and claim to deliver a high end and audiophile quality sound by buying the components from OEM manufacturer and putting their name on the product. On the other hand there are manufacturers who have R&D team who designs the product from ground zero and the changes are done frequently till the full satisfying prototype (both measurement and auditioning) is not achieved and which is finally manufactured in own facility.
From your description it seems like there are only two kinds of audio companies in the world. That could be misguiding to folks around here.

There are a lot of companies that are extremely brilliant as far as R&D is concerned, or at maunfacturing the product, and sometimes both. This does not mean that they are very good at marketing and distribution of the same too.

On the other hand, there are many companies that have a great R&D team, based on inputs from marketing they know exactly what product will work well, what price point is good for the market of a product of that quality, and would probably approach a high-quality manufacturer to make the product for them to conform precisely to their requirements. There is nothing wrong with that. It makes business more streamlined in fact. Most of the exotic and high-priced products that do not really justify the price being charged are usually the result of a brand's hang-up to do everything associated with the brand themselves, and then ending up doing everything at a mediocre or poor level rather than just focussing on what their strengths are.

Still others are just great marketing companies, who use the expertise of renowned consultants for product design on a project basis, get stuff designed as per their needs and show them the door once that is done. Then they hook up with the best possible manufacturer for their newly developed products and hence economically get them produced. Their roe is to sell the product, not to have a permanent team of speaker/ amplifier etc designer feeding off their payroll. When faced with competition or when the need for a product change is sensed, just get the consultant in again.

For example, in your case, Hertz would never open a foundry to make the baskets or have a cone manufacturing factory, or have an extrusion facility to make amplifier heat sinks. They will retain with them only those processes that they are most efficient at doing. At the same time, there is no doubt that the higher the amount of local work, the greater is the labour cost component added to the final price tag. Otherwise, Hertz wouldn't be getting any parts, for example, their crossovers made in China.

Then there are a lot of companies that even have their own factories in China etc. So while they have a bunch of senior guys from the parent organization supervising the manufacturing and ensuring standards, the 'workers' employed are all Chinese, who work for lower wages than a 'gora' and thus get the job done at cheaper prices.

Then there are the two you named, and some variants of all of the preceding ones.

Quote:
In the above two cases the sound quality difference will be obvious the latter being better in majority cases.
Between the two you name - Possible. Between all the others - Hard To Say.

Quote:
As an unbiased example I have seen engineers at Elettromedia (Hertz, Audison) working on the prototype Mille crossovers (when they were being developed). They installed the final prototypes of drivers in the car and they were choosing and finalising the crossover components by listening in the car by changing the values and brands of the components on a prototype crossover PCB. Thats one of the exercise which is carried out in making a product which actually delivers beyond all hype.
Dude, even Boss does that. I mean, the idea of a car audio speaker system designer is to get him to hotwire the crossover in the car for best in-car response. He wouldn't get the job if he was stupid enough to do it in his den. Even if it's a $80 component set. That isn't about being beyond hype or anything, it's just a basic process that is followed.

Quote:
Similarly an extensive research in the field of cone/basket/magnet/voicecoil/spider materials and design has gone in developing the midbass driver.
Ok, once I said this, and you said that exotic materials and unconventional and new techniques don't matter, it should sound good. So either they sound good, and the additional cost addition due to the same, is justified only in the above scenario not when someone else does it. Or the research is in some fields of the above products of which I certainly am not aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hah... B&T, believe me, I would like to answer that. But I dont think it deserves a response. But it must be said that for whatever reason, your remarks are increasingly scathing. I suggest we take this to PM where I hope you will be more upfront about any issues you may have with me.
Scathing? I'm sorry if you feel that way.

Let me put it this way... a scathing attack upon myself!

I am dead sure I cant tell someone that I will install xyz in your car, and it will blow away everything that you have heard or will hear in your life. I am sure about that. I'm sorry I had to quote you as the example. Apologies.

And it makes me feel very happy for Kb.

And please don't feel bad about anything that I say, the same way that I don't, you know. You know, don't you?

Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 19:49   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Dude, you know what.. get some good centerspreads from a girlie. Scan and print it on some vinyl, and go to town with all the bloody gear that needs wrapping in your boot!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 20:22   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Romba Tanx s0uljah... Now to figure out if I can get anyone to drop them a visit ...

Will see if I can pop in sometime this week... if im better that is!!

The AZcomp stuff will probably be top notch and great for your install, of course you might have allready discussed this with Gunbi. The "image" lancer setup by Gunman and co.

From what I understand KB, your not after bright illumination but looking more for the soft glow effect to highlight the equipment...

If nothing else then you can always use the neon LED's. For the desired effect the top surface of the LED's can be sandpapered, resulting in a FLAT light instead of the normal spotlight effect... would be relatively inexpensive to wire these also.

If im not mistaken, the EBbass gusy did this, its an accent Viva.

Old 10th September 2006, 20:29   #687
Senior - BHPian

Hey Thnks s0uljah... I was wondering if you'd have time - considering your impending exams and all... but if you can, then nothing like it! (my friends will not know what to look for!)

Most of the Image lancer's lights come from the equipment itself (the led's on the amps, caps etc) .. I feel a neon tube itself will be way too bright.. maybe some neon wire or a few Led's may be the way to go...

Last edited by kb100 : 10th September 2006 at 20:31.
Old 10th September 2006, 20:33   #688
BANNED

That was funny B&T.
Btw, have you heard both the models on discussion here? If yes, then why dont you do a comparing study in benefit of all of us here? It would be far better than all those JB-GUN bashing you're involved in right now.
And meanwhile I also think what B&T is saying right now is correct. Is it? Maybe Gun-Jb can answer.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:23   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
And please don't feel bad about anything that I say, the same way that I don't, you know. You know, don't you?

way to go partner

every manufacurer does the same thing in make there product....even I manufacture machine which have evovled a long way of 40 years since my grand father started.....the thing I wanna say here is that it is a normally thing for a manufacture to improve there product not a big deal in that......

There are good brands and medicore brands and bad brands one has to decide what one has to buy. and it is not necesary that a expensive stuff is always good.......

Quote:
That was funny B&T.
Btw, have you heard both the models on discussion here? If yes, then why dont you do a comparing study in benefit of all of us here? It would be far better than all those JB-GUN bashing you're involved in right now.
And meanwhile I also think what B&T is saying right now is correct. Is it? Maybe Gun-Jb can answer.
it is not at all funny B&T is true in every aspect....it is not he has listen to the both the sets......and no one bashing any one it is just healthy forum debate....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th September 2006 at 21:26.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2006, 21:34   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Thnks s0uljah... I was wondering if you'd have time - considering your impending exams and all... but if you can, then nothing like it! (my friends will not know what to look for!)
Checking here wont be an issue.
Impending exams... hehe. More like Impending doom
I got them internals every 6-8 weeks!! Tis the life since the last 2 years ! anywy prep doesnt begin until the night before, tried and tested method!!

Quote:
Most of the Image lancer's lights come from the equipment itself (the led's on the amps, caps etc) .. I feel a neon tube itself will be way too bright.. maybe some neon wire or a few Led's may be the way to go...
yeah thats true, there's a pic of the boot in bright light and the led's are visible then too. neon tube will def be bright...kinda vulgar!!!

Last edited by s0uljah : 10th September 2006 at 21:35.