Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd June 2006, 06:16   #1
BHPian

Default difference b/w pioneer 5850 4850 and 3850

hello anybody please tell me the difference b/w the pioneer models 5850 3850 and 4850. i would like to install a simple but good music set up on my system with just HU and 2 or 4 Speakers in my baleno. so is it worth to go for 5850 for that 3 preouts, whereas 4850 has 2 preouts and 3850 has 1 preout. Other than this, is there any notable difference in SQ b/w these 3 models as all are 50W mosfet x 4. iam not planning to install amps and sub. so please suggest me the best combination under 15k budget with HU and speakers.
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 06:44   #2
BHPian

hey bro.. if you are not going to EVER install a amplifier then you dont need the pre amps... they only usefull if you are going to install amps... other than that.. about SQ i woudlnt know.. never used them...
hope this helped...
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 11:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
hey bro.. if you are not going to EVER install a amplifier then you dont need the pre amps... they only usefull if you are going to install amps... other than that.. about SQ i woudlnt know.. never used them...
hope this helped...
Tool, that statement is completely incorrect at best.

Pre-amps are required irrespective of whether he uses the on-board amp of the HU or an external amplifier. The volume control, tone controls etc are all incorporated into the pre-amp, in addition to the pre-amp's job of preparing the signal by amplifying it to a suitable level for the power amp. Can't bypass this stage.

On the other hand, he could do without the HU's in-built power amp if he were to use only external power amps to drive all speakers.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Tool, that statement is completely incorrect at best.

Pre-amps are required irrespective of whether he uses the on-board amp of the HU or an external amplifier. The volume control, tone controls etc are all incorporated into the pre-amp, in addition to the pre-amp's job of preparing the signal by amplifying it to a suitable level for the power amp. Can't bypass this stage.

On the other hand, he could do without the HU's in-built power amp if he were to use only external power amps to drive all speakers.
B&T when he said preamps, I think he meant preamp outputs. Tool is an audio engineer, It would be safe to assume he knows what preamps do.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
B&T when he said preamps, I think he meant preamp outputs. Tool is an audio engineer, It would be safe to assume he knows what preamps do.
Oh, ok ok. I took the statement quite literally. Ouch, sorry Tool!

boom boom boom (lemme hear ya say hey-ho) cheesy!

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 3rd June 2006 at 12:26.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
I agree. i am not an audio engineer and even i know what pre-amps do. Atleast I think I do.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 12:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

tech apart; if its just a matter of 1-2k,just get the high end one And 4850 has a pop down thingy; cuts out dust than 3850.

5850 has 2 preouts and teh other two has just one. I would say, get 4850. Do you have the price quote?

Last edited by jkdas : 3rd June 2006 at 13:15.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 18:44   #8
BHPian

heheh all goood .. my fault really.. should have specified also
yeah i meant pre amp puts.. wasent talking of the pre amp's built into the machine
sorry.. should have been a little more clear... whoooops
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2006, 10:01   #9
Team-BHP Support

i dont think much dust enters via the cd slot. more enters from the rear chassis.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote