Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd July 2007, 15:24   #211
Team-BHP Support

Default Best VFM CD Albums?

Its good to hear about the individual choices and songs that can show off our ICE. It would be also good to know, any particular CD/Album that we can buy that are VFM ( meaning alteast 6 out of 10 songs are amazing songs) so we can invest in buying CD's that will bring out outstanding quality from our ICE installs.

I am adding some album names that are worth the money spent on them and some more :-

1. The Wall- Pink Floyd
2. Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
3. Crossroads-Bon Jovi
4. 2 Albumns from G'N'R ( Cant place the name right now)
5. Best of Dire Straits ( I think?)- Dire Straits
6. Best of Men at Work- Men At Work
7. Best of Mettalica- Mettalica

I could have named some of the albums incorrectly but, Hope you got my point. Lets have your view points in rock, hip-hop, pop, classical, metal etc.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007, 18:36   #212
BHPian

My choices:

1) Billy Idol: Flesh for Fantasy
2) Billy Idol: White wedding
3) GNR : November Rain (amazing!! esp. the last 20 - 30 secs. guitar solo by slash)
4) U2: almost everything
5) US3: Cantaloupe (amazing sounds)
6) Simple Minds (one album only...forget the name)
7) Sade: for the mellow times
8) Karunesh
9) James: Born of frustration
10) Joe Cocker: amazing vocals

Almost all of the above are good sounds to have on long drives.
kurmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 07:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
Dude, Just that you like Indian Music (even I do) doesn't mean you talk crap about western music. You appreciate classical Indian , let others appreciate what they like. Right Bro.
I'm not encroaching into one's likes/dislikes. You are free to devour whatever you like. And I know the difference b/w "enjoying" & "showing off".

Western music is good for showing off your ICE. But, very few of the "so called" western artists were trained about the basics of music. Most of them have started their career by performing in night/strip clubs !!!

And, if the Western music is soooo soothing for our body, then everyone who have played hard rock/metal during music therapy sessions.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 09:22   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I'm not encroaching into one's likes/dislikes. You are free to devour whatever you like. And I know the difference b/w "enjoying" & "showing off".

Western music is good for showing off your ICE. But, very few of the "so called" western artists were trained about the basics of music. Most of them have started their career by performing in night/strip clubs !!!

And, if the Western music is soooo soothing for our body, then everyone who have played hard rock/metal during music therapy sessions.
Soothing, when did I say all western music is soothing. Ever heard Eric Clapton? What is he? A strip club artist?
And all our singers were trained singers is it?
I can go on and on with the names. Im just saying that western music ain't crap as you say. Neither is our desi tracks. Both are different and let people decide what they wanna hear.

If you thought western music is good for showing of your ice. Indian music can be used as well.

You are just confusing western music with hard rock/metal. There are 'n' number of other genres there as well. Heard NORAH JONES !
mainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:23   #215
Senior - BHPian

Nelly Furtado-Say it right
Mims - This is why i m hot
and above all
Sutta na mila.. jus kiddin...
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 14:21   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
My choices:

3) GNR : November Rain (amazing!! esp. the last 20 - 30 secs. guitar solo by slash)

i think its more like last 2-3 mins of solo that really turns it on!!
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 14:25   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
i think its more like last 2-3 mins of solo that really turns it on!!
Another winding up guitart solo that's awesome is by Mark Knofler in " Sultans of Swing"
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 14:25   #218
BHPian

Akon - I wanna love you, it really rocks in my systems
owaiskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 05:13   #219
BANNED

POWERSUPPLY!!... what do you think LBM?
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 10:50   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
POWERSUPPLY!!... what do you think LBM?

Solid bass testers...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 17:38   #221
BHPian

this dat beat by kingspade is the one like for bass.

there are many heavy bass songs , but i like this one.
hemanthisgreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 13:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Soothing, when did I say all western music is soothing. Ever heard Eric Clapton? What is he? A strip club artist?
I can go on and on with the names. Im just saying that western music ain't crap as you say. Neither is our desi tracks. Both are different and let people decide what they wanna hear.

If you thought western music is good for showing of your ice. Indian music can be used as well.

You are just confusing western music with hard rock/metal. There are 'n' number of other genres there as well. Heard NORAH JONES !
I agree 100%. Most critiques of western music are ignorant of the various genres of music. Music is an international language, and one need not indulge in mindless criticism. Wonky ideas that all singers in the west started as night club performers is as loony as a rustic pal of mine returning from a brief stint in the US saying that only gals listen to Bon Jovi there, and any male attending their concert is a gay!!
Most people are unaware that many pop songs in our country are straight lifts from western numbers in the 60s and 70s. This trend started long ago with 'Come September' , but Bappi Lahiri gave it a fillip.
I can go on and on, but no point.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 13:42   #223
BHPian

Well, one CD that has seen a lot of airplay since I upgraded my ICE is "Sailing to Philadelphia" by Mark Knopfler.

It's a well crafted album with significant effort paid to both lyrics and music. Knopfler's trademark playing with Dire Straits is evident in tracks like 'What It Is' while others incorporate more of a country/folk/blues feel.

Knopfler's signature Stratocaster tone and vocals are suitable for showcasing a good front stage and bass goes pretty low too on several tracks..."Speedway to Nazareth" could be considered a good sub workout and is one of the best tracks on the album.

Other Notable tracks (all are good really IMHO):
1. What It Is
2. Sailing to Philadelphia
3. Silvertown Blues
4. Prairie Wedding
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 13:44   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Any day my favourite is "Welcome to Hotel california". This would be the first song I always like to play after setting up an audio system, whether its car, home or office.
-HCP
Absolutely. This is the first song (the "Live in Concert" version with the guitar intro) that i play whenever I want to audition any system.
Just love the guitar and then the bass drum...I increase the bass/ LF equalizer setting to high, and then it's a real "Agni pariksha" for the system.
And one more for good bass: "Aaja mahiya" from hindi movie Fiza. When I listened it the first time on my Polk Mulitimedia 2.1 speakers, I was just bowled over by the deep bass.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 13:53   #225
BHPian

Quote:

Bang on! And if you want soothing music then all you have to do is just search. Try out the american flutes or the european orchestras or a whole lot of other things (if you want the details I PM me).

Make no mistake I love the Indian classical form of music. But I have always experimented with the type of music I listen to and the more you explore the more you find out and the more you love.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote