Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 21st October 2013, 15:24   #1
BHPian

Having an XUV with its ICE limitations and having given it a maiden shot with Rainbow DLs and DDC4C, It was a about time to buy a good hatch and load it with some serious ICE.
So picked up swift vdi silver and got the alloys, tyres and ICE the same day

ICE & Price

HU: Pioneer 4590 touchscreen ( 21k)
Front Comps: Rainbow DL Pro (titanium tweeters) ( 21k)
AMP: Audison Lrx 4.1k ( 40k )
Sub: Rockford Fosgate P3 8"
in a sealed enclosure (used @ 8.5k) (new 21k)
Wiring : Focal gauge 4 (6k)
Damping: 6 sheets Dynamat (6k)
Rear camera and sensors (3k)

total around 1.06 Lakh

SPEAKERS
Budget 20k :Choice was between Rainbow Soundline and Dream Line Pro limited edition which comes with Titanium tweeters (worth 30k alone iam told as they are default with 3 to 4 times expensive Vanadium series)
Hence with SQ in mind went for DLPro at 21k

SUB
Iam most finicky when it comes to sub, any abrasive blur or boom from the sub puts me off, hence I wanted a sub that would just kick in fast with a tight punch where needed and then lie down quietly. Here i was offered a 4 months used P3 by Aman and he understood pretty well what I wanted. When I pointed hand a one new sub lying in his inventory, he simple quipped(" aap ise bahar fenk doge sunte hi, this is not for your taste). True he gave me just what i wanted, the sub that integrates so well with the system, there is no unwanted blur at all.
I may upgrade a higher end sub later on (Vanadium etc) as and when i come across something more pure in SQ, though for now this serves beautifully.

AMPLIFIER
Initially installed Bull Audio 4 ch. for 2 days but felt it was not able to fully engage the potential of speakers , therefore contemplated Rainbow beat 4 and Focal FPP, both costing around 19-20k
However thought of going for a more powerful amp and choice landed between Rainbow Ipaul and Audison Lrx 4.1k
IPaul was too bright on the titanium tweeters and some mids were missing.
Audison was clean, composed and inspired confidence even at high volumes without losing clarity or character. The sound is rich, with enough power going to fronts and sub in bridged mode (gain set at 3 ).
The amp seems future proof. It is huge and heavy. When installed at the back of rear seat, it scales up more than half of the width of the seat itself.

The whole setup is so satisfying and tailored to my taste that post changing amp after 2 days, I feel content and at peace with the system. It sounds so meticulous and even my boys are loving it listening to every chord and beat of Hotel California, it just flows through the heart.

Thanks to Aman - Motor Concept , Jasdeep from BBW and Nitinralli for counsel and helping put together my dream ICE

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225123.png
Views: 5363
Size:  306.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225102.png
Views: 5582
Size:  305.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225041.png
Views: 5287
Size:  330.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225209.png
Views: 5527
Size:  295.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225209.png
Views: 5527
Size:  295.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225243.png
Views: 5303
Size:  339.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225306.png
Views: 5170
Size:  284.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225351.png
Views: 5630
Size:  394.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225421.png
Views: 5080
Size:  408.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_225537.png
Views: 5121
Size:  353.4 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2013 at 15:18. Reason: Adding pics to the opening post itself
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 15:34   #2
BHPian

Default re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup

Congratulations for your Setup, looks good on paper I am sure it sounds great too.

An ICE thread without the pics ? Do post some pics of your setup - how are the tweetors mounted - I am sure once the runin period is over the gear will sound much cleaner and crisper.

How much power are you pushing into the front and sub.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 16:39   #3
BHPian

Default re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup

Congratulations . The setup looks great.

One Question. Why didn't u go for pioneer 8490bt available at 24k ?
Its much more VFM. right?
SolidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 17:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
even my boys are loving it listening to every chord and beat of Hotel California, it just flows through the heart.
:
Hotel California is wonderfully recorded masterpiece.
Even today it is the preferred song to demonstrate audio systems Worldwide.
I think you bought that car only to fulfill your music hunger. lol
sumanbhokray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 21:35   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Swift ICE'D - Rs 100K SQ setup

Quote:
Having an XUV with its ICE limitations and having given it a maiden shot with Rainbow DLs and DDC4C, It was a about time to buy a good hatch and load it with some serious ICE.
So picked up swift vdi silver and got the alloys, tyres and ICE the same day

ICE & Price

HU: Pioneer 4590 touchscreen ( 21k)
Small correction, H.U is 5590BT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
Hotel California is wonderfully recorded masterpiece.
Even today it is the preferred song to demonstrate audio systems Worldwide.
I think you bought that car only to fulfill your music hunger. lol
Goodness, hope my wife doesn't believe that, i bought it for her
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Congratulations . The setup looks great.

One Question. Why didn't u go for pioneer 8490bt available at 24k ?
Its much more VFM. right?
Yes sir, 5590BT it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Congratulations for your Setup, looks good on paper I am sure it sounds great too.

An ICE thread without the pics ? Do post some pics of your setup - how are the tweetors mounted - I am sure once the runin period is over the gear will sound much cleaner and crisper.

Sure, pics on the way..

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th October 2013 at 01:11. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quote causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 23:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro. Good to see that you are enjoying Audison amp. You can not go wrong with this amp.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 23:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats bro. Good to see that you are enjoying Audison amp. You can not go wrong with this amp.
Thanks bro, now we gotta keep looking for that perfect SQ sub to extract the maximum of amps' capability.
Any recommendations , I have been contemplating SL 12 series, Valadium and another one Jasdeep and Aman recommended that's skipping my mind. Also thinking if I could get an I.D Max somewhere.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 23:49   #8
BHPian

I'm no SQ expert (if that's a thing) or anything but I've heard good things about Sundown Audio and JL Audio subs esp. the W6 & W7 series.
tjacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 07:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your setup! Excellent choice of products, and getting your install done at Motor Concept is always great because of their quality of installation.

Quote:
total around 1.06 Lakh
Hehe, sometimes I feel guilty about getting my setup done for 85K. I didn't change the HU, or the total outlay would have been the same

Quote:
SPEAKERS
Budget 20k :Choice was between Rainbow Soundline and Dream Line Pro limited edition which comes with Titanium tweeters (worth 30k alone iam told as they are default with 3 to 4 times expensive Vanadium series)
Hence with SQ in mind went for DLPro at 21k
Did you do a comparo of the SL and DL Pro? You couldn't have gone wrong with the SL either. They are part of my setup, and they're extremely clear and neutral without being harsh. Perfect for SQ.

AFAIK, the DL Pro tweeters come from the Profi series, hence the name Pro.

Quote:
Audison was clean, composed and inspired confidence even at high volumes without losing clarity or character. The sound is rich, with enough power going to fronts and sub in bridged mode (gain set at 3 ).
The amp seems future proof. It is huge and heavy. When installed at the back of rear seat, it scales up more than half of the width of the seat itself.
Great choice. The amp is the mothership of any SQ setup, and the LRx is as good as any. I have the same amp, incidentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
At 4 ohms, the LRx makes 130w per channel, and 500w for 2 channels in bridged mode.

Quote:
Thanks bro, now we gotta keep looking for that perfect SQ sub to extract the maximum of amps' capability.
Any recommendations , I have been contemplating SL 12 series, Valadium and another one Jasdeep and Aman recommended that's skipping my mind. Also thinking if I could get an I.D Max somewhere.
You could also consider the Infinity Kappa 120.9. Beautiful and versatile SQ sub. Its as capable as any, and nowadays available at great discounts.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:12   #10
BHPian

I will suggest before thinking of upgrading, listen to the current setup for some time and then decide where and what you feel is missing from the setup.

There are a lot of choices in terms of sub available across various brands - listen to some of them if possible and then decide if you like them.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:28   #11
BHPian

Ok, downloaded FLAC player @ Rs 550 from AppStore on IPAD4 (retina) and using it to play audio via aux on my ICE. What a pristine clarity and precision in every beat , all the way to max !! Fantabulous no words. Thank you God

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

Did you do a comparo of the SL and DL Pro? You couldn't have gone wrong with the SL either. They are part of my setup, and they're extremely clear and neutral without being harsh. Perfect for SQ.

AFAIK, the DL Pro tweeters come from the Profi series, hence the name Pro.

Great choice. The amp is the mothership of any SQ setup, and the LRx is as good as any. I have the same amp, incidentally.

I did not compare cause Aman said I might find SL bright to my taste, however now getting the greed for SL cones while retaining the titanium tweeters this ICE business is crazy man you can burn wads of money a slid the pointer a notch higher each time.

The amp is awesome, I did read your review while zeroing down on ' em.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th October 2013 at 01:12. Reason: Back to back Posts, Merged. Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 00:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

The LRx4.1 may not have enough juice for the ID Max. I had the 4.1 pushing an IDQ and it sounded great, now the 4.1 has been replaced by a 6.9 and the sub still sounds awesome. You may also want to try the Morel Ultimo SC or the new Morel Primo both are good SQ subs and the Primo needs very little power to perform. Aman could source one, since the new Morel distributor is in place now.

Quote:
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 22:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The LRx4.1 may not have enough juice for the ID Max. I had the 4.1 pushing an IDQ and it sounded great, now the 4.1 has been replaced by a 6.9 and the sub still sounds awesome. You may also want to try the Morel Ultimo SC or the new Morel Primo both are good SQ subs and the Primo needs very little power to perform. Aman could source one, since the new Morel distributor is in place now.
How much would morels cost and what is the best SQ sub option I have with audison amp cause I am not going to add another mono or something later , so I need to buy the best sub which it would be capable of thumping sufficiently, with aprx price pls
Old 26th October 2013, 00:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Primo should be around 20K or less with b&w. The SCs were being sold by the previous distributor for 19K without warranty, last a dealer in Madras had some left.

Do remember the IDQ and the Ultimo being pure SQ subs will disappear/integrate in to the music and you will not like them if you are listening to trance etc. They will go low but will not rock your boat with mind numbing bass.

For a thump a DD or Gladen may be the ones to go for. Discuss with Aman and maybe you could listen to one of his installs.

Quote:
How much would morels cost and what is the best SQ sub option I have with audison amp cause I am not going to add another mono or something later , so I need to buy the best sub which it would be capable of thumping sufficiently, with aprx price pls
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 17:33   #15
BHPian

Feel like going for Rainbow SL cone while retaining the titanium Pro tweeters.
Need to ice my 2008 Verna hence thinking of buying rainbow SL then putting its cone here in swift and the tweeters in Verna with the DL cone from swift going to Verna for front comp
Also thinking of going for focal amp plus rear comps too for Verna as its going to be chauffeur driven ( suggestions ? Budget 50k , HU is JVC avx 800

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 4th November 2013 at 17:34. Reason: Spell