Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 27th October 2013, 14:37   #1

Default Honda Brio ICE

Guys, please help me with your advise. I am pretty much fed up with the stock music player of my 8 month old Brio. It displays only 8 letters of a song name which is super irritating.

Car : Brio V-MT

Budget : 10-15k

Features I need :
  1. usb drive support is important.
  2. full folder and song names should be displayed simultaneously.
  3. HU should be able to display ID3 information and Album Art from a mp3 file.
  4. Bluetooth : not compulsory but desirable
  5. Support for steering-mounted controls is desirable.
The thing is I do not want to install an amp or new speakers. Stock ones are just fine for now.

A local vendor has suggested Blaupunkt Los Angeles 500.

It has all the features I need and will cost 18.7k + 650 bucks for frame ring. Plus it has in-built support for steering-mounted controls.
But my vendor said that my stock speakers will not sound good with this HU (something to do with my stock player being 25w and Blaupunkt one being 45w) therefore I will have to upgrade the speakers as well. He has suggested Harman Infinity reference speakers for 5k.

My query is : I just need to see the full file and folder name on HU display. Is there any cheaper alternative for my requirement.
For now I just want to change the HU and would not prefer to upgrade the speakers.

Looking forward to advise from gurus here

Argus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 20:33   #2
BHPian

Default re: Honda Brio ICE

Since you want touchscreens I think the Pioneer AVH series HU's are a better option and have all that you're looking for, the AVH-1590 might fit your budget. The market price will Rs.2000 - 4000 lesser than the website. I'm not sure about the steering controls though, you might have to purchase a separate adapter.

Check for reviews on youtube.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 20:57   #3

Pardon me for being a noob, is touchscreen my only option ?

The stock HU of my brothers two year old i20 Sports is not a touch-screen but it displays folder & song names simultaneously. That's all I want. Do I absolutely HAVE to cough-up ~20k for this. I'm sure there must be cheaper options available.
Argus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 22:33   #4
BHPian

since the one you've posted is also a touch screen and considering the budget, I thought you wanted one and Pio AVH seemed like a good option. If you don't want one then you can go in for a single DIN unit from Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer and even Blaupunkt. I personally like Apline HUs, I think even Honda fits the Brio with Alpines in the higher variants but you can choose which ever you like and they will come for half your budget and yes all latest ones will display the complete names of the files, so don't worry about. You can also request a demo from your installer.

Last edited by tjacob : 27th October 2013 at 22:37.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 12:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argus View Post
Guys, please help me with your advise. I am pretty much fed up with the stock music player of my 8 month old Brio. It displays only 8 letters of a song name which is super irritating.
What's the stock HU size? Double or Single din?

Single Din:
Have you seen this one? http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kdc-u456/
Its selling on ebay for Rs5400/-. It's got pretty much everything you are looking for and more.

Double Din:
You can check out Pioneers along with JVC KW-R400. I saw the JVC in a friend's car and it sounded fine to me. I think the text scrolls in this one, so one can see the name of the song playing. I think it costs somewhere around 8k.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 28th October 2013 at 12:23.
mashmash is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015, 11:17   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Brio ICE

[quote=Argus;3276891]Guys, please help me with your advise. I am pretty much fed up with the stock music player of my 8 month old Brio. It displays only 8 letters of a song name which is super irritating.

Hi Argus, Have you done the ICE set up in your Brio? Can you share the details?
rama75 is offline   Reply With Quote