Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 6th December 2013, 11:20   #76
BHPian

Default Re: The Downside of High-End Audio Installs

It so true, but this knowledge is like marriage. You never understand what is in store unless you get into it.

When I bought my Safari 5 years back, I was crazy about this and stuffed dual Amps Subs etc into it. But then later it turned out mostly useless as my daily commute is under 6 kms. (90% of my drive is on the highway, but as tsk said in his post, its a struggle with various noise on the highway and usually the noise wins hands down).

The current state, well, the amps were disconnected from the battery during one service and I never bothered to reconnect it. These days I just enjoy the engine noise.
manojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 21:53   #77
BHPian

I fully support the title.It is a hard lesson I learnt with my previous car ,which was a swift ZDi.

I always wanted to try all sorts of experiments with car audio.Swift ZDi comes with a decent OE system by Nippon.Still I wanted to try.First went to a local store,who advised a pair of components for both front and back.He put auditor components after convincing me that it is a good product from focal.They put dirty holes on all door pads and changed position of tweeters to doorpads.Overall installation was not good.

I searched a lot and came to learn a few things like, its better to have coaxials in back from team BHP gurus.

Did some homework and went to a reputed shop in Kochi ,did everything as per his advice. Ultimately the setup was good ,but it did cost me around 85000 Rs.
The installer actually takes good time for tuning up alone, after full installation.

But everything was lost in just 2 months time, as my car had some major work and when they reconnected battery terminals,whole electrical settings got reset.The installers fine tuning was lost and I was never able to get back the perfect settings.

So I prefer to keep my Renault Duster OE system and wish to swap only the speakers.
anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 22:42   #78
BHPian

This whole experience was 2 years back. Now there is a good accessory store owned by a fellow team bhpian. He is offering quality audio works, from whom I purchased alloy wheels for duster recently. He gave me good discount too. So I no longer need to drive all the way to Kochi.
Anyway, I have lost interest in high end audio experiments on car and am happy with duster's OE audio system. Bluetooth connectivity, phone call quality and steering audio controls are of good quality for an OE product.
anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:36   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Like good music? Who doesn't!
9. Cheaper, and just as enjoyable:
If you're chauffeur-driven, it's hard to beat the aural experience of premium headsets. I've heard a couple and can tell you this : They beat my Civic's ICE at a fraction of the price (merely 10% of the $$$).
I stumbled across this gem of a post, precisely when I was wondering if I should be replacing my Honda City stock system.

GTO, Many thanks for penning your thought process here. I am in full agreement with this. I will be implementing the #9 mentioned above.
bsdbsd is offline   Reply With Quote