Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th October 2006, 15:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
LBM, where do you source your images from?

I mean this quality, and what do you use to size them so accurately close to one another? Is it that Imageshack re-sizing option? If so, what size is most appropriate for posting images on forums like ours?
sir took them from crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kDqeHTB...&display=L#Tab

I did not mentioned the source as these are porducts pics not a copyright thing...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 15:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or one whole dual/ quad voice coil sub.
Dual 2 ohms! am i right? to present a 4 ohm load in bridged mode. though it can be wired to present a 1 ohm load, but i think thats the minimum for 504 (4 ohms).
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 15:57   #63
Team-BHP Support

no I think B&T meant 2 4ohm coils. bridge the 504 to 2 channels and connect each bridged channel to one coil of a single sub. electrically these are 2 different subs but mechanically one sub.

the other choice B&T mentioned is a quad coiled sub. these are rare. in thise case each channel of the 504 will power one coil of the sub. or you can bridge the 504 and series the coils in pairs to make it a dual coiled sub etc... confusing?

though so that is why i did not mention these options. B&T has taken up my OLD mantle i.e baffling the world. I have taken up Sam OLD mantle.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 16:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
no I think B&T meant 2 4ohm coils. bridge the 504 to 2 channels and connect each bridged channel to one coil of a single sub. electrically these are 2 different subs but mechanically one sub.

the other choice B&T mentioned is a quad coiled sub. these are rare. in thise case each channel of the 504 will power one coil of the sub. or you can bridge the 504 and series the coils in pairs to make it a dual coiled sub etc... confusing?

though so that is why i did not mention these options. B&T has taken up my OLD mantle i.e baffling the world. I have taken up Sam OLD mantle.
I deliberately left it at that because I knew you would take care of the baffling part, and do it well!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 16:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In restricted spaces (not to be confused with small spaces), one can also use a shallow subwoofer.
this is a shallow sub .......

http://www.illusionaudio.com/docs/luccent_subs.htm

with this type of box...

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 5th October 2006 at 16:41.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 23:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken up Sam OLD mantle.
You mean helping ICE [may be HOT] "install" in dark with torch.....thook lagake etc stuff ???
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 14:30   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
You mean helping ICE [may be HOT] "install" in dark with torch.....thook lagake etc stuff ???
Sam's OLD Mantle was unbaffling my baffling replies. Sma's got a new Mantle nowdays. WE all know what that is.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 17:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
just a note: the 504 is a 4 channel amp. you can only bridge 2 ch. at a time. so it can power 2 subs, 1 sub and 2 fullrange speakers, or 4 fullrange speakers.
small correction sony 504Z right?.... it can only work in 4/3 channel mode.... means you can only bridge 2 of the channel among 4.... so basically it can power only 1 sub and 2 full range or 4 full ranges!

regards,
ant.
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 14:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
small correction sony 504Z right?.... it can only work in 4/3 channel mode.... means you can only bridge 2 of the channel among 4.... so basically it can power only 1 sub and 2 full range or 4 full ranges!

regards,
ant.
No ant, it has 4 channels, so you can bridge 2-2 chaneels and make it 2 channel. Or you can bridge only 2 channels, use the other 2 in stereo mode and have 3 channels. All possible.
Old 7th October 2006, 14:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
No ant, it has 4 channels, so you can bridge 2-2 chaneels and make it 2 channel. Or you can bridge only 2 channels, use the other 2 in stereo mode and have 3 channels. All possible.
Well let me just clarify... are we talking about Sony XM-504Z amplifier right?
B&T are you sure of this?... coz i owned the same model sony amp.... and its rear channels ONLY could be bridged!.. Front channels could only be run in stereo mode.
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 14:54   #71
BHPian

Yes....guess ant is right..think only the rear channel can be bridged....atleast thts wats there in the manual....just confirm on that B&t..
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 15:19   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Yes....guess ant is right..think only the rear channel can be bridged....atleast thts wats there in the manual....just confirm on that B&t..
Hmm, sorry. You guys seem to be right. Although that's very strange.

However I asked a rather renowned installer and he said it is possible. I'm quite confused.
Old 7th October 2006, 15:27   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

should be...just bridgable for rear ( channel b) and it should have LPF.

If it was brigable on both, then they would have marketed it as 2/3/4
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 19:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
should be...just bridgable for rear ( channel b) and it should have LPF.

If it was brigable on both, then they would have marketed it as 2/3/4
Guys, I was dead sure the amp could be bridged on both pairs of channels...and I am right!

It's strange that Sony markets it as a 4/3 channel amplifier, I remembered having bridged both pairs of outputs earlier in some installs. From the circuit I remember that the front and rear sections are pretty much identical, and hence both bridgeable. This is true, since I checked today, they can be bridged and the amp can operate as a 2-ch amp. The only difference between the front and the rear is the absence of a LPF circuit for the front channels. This is not an issue when the head unit can provide a sub out. The fronts can be bridged, the circuit is totally symmetrical.

Tip: For bridging the front channels on the 504, use the same terminals as that on the rear. That is the correct polarity.
Old 8th October 2006, 19:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I was dead sure the amp could be bridged on both pairs of channels...and I am right!

It's strange that Sony markets it as a 4/3 channel amplifier, I remembered having bridged both pairs of outputs earlier in some installs. From the circuit I remember that the front and rear sections are pretty much identical, and hence both bridgeable. This is true, since I checked today, they can be bridged and the amp can operate as a 2-ch amp. The only difference between the front and the rear is the absence of a LPF circuit for the front channels. This is not an issue when the head unit can provide a sub out. The fronts can be bridged, the circuit is totally symmetrical.

Tip: For bridging the front channels on the 504, use the same terminals as that on the rear. That is the correct polarity.
Thanks a lot B&T on that....one more question...the sub out has to be fed to the front channel right????...
angelfire is offline   Reply With Quote