Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th June 2006, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Default woofer in tray of swift

hello

well i looked thorugh the forum to find something like this but did not, what i am looking for is a woofer that can be fitted in my tray of the swift , i dont want to use the boot as i need it. i am asking this because the local ar delar says it can not be fit in and i will have to put a bass tube or a custom made box in my boot space.

i want that punch which right now is not there with my current set up.

hu - sony gt 350

speakers - 2 blaupunkt in the door.6" i dont remember the model number.
2 in the rear door which are taken out of my innova .
pioneer 2150 on the tray. now my hu is not able to take so much coz i had to disconnect one of the speakers of the door to make it run properly.

i am looking for a amplifier and woofer that can be put in. now how is 504 4 channel from sony ? or should i go for pioneer ? i can spend upto 10 k - 12k on this . i will go for grey stuff so tell me accordingly. thanks

200mph
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 13:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

you might have to reinforce your tray with a 1" MDF board... else think the sub will be on your lap with the first bass note it reproduces!!

Having said that I have an honest confession - Though I have peeked into/at swift behinds I dont reacll the lay of the tray! .. I am going on a hatch is a hatch principle!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 14:05   #3
BHPian

ya the tray is a 1" thick board , made of wood or is it MDF i dont know. but its not plastic or something light
Old 28th June 2006, 18:40   #4
BHPian

If u have a budget of 10 - 12k.
Go in for JBL 1000watts BaseTube with JBL Cs60.2 Amp.

That wud b good.
rareone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 18:53   #5
BHPian

ok as far as I can remember the space between the rear seats and the 5th door in Swift is not adequate enough to accomodate a woofer. Typically you would need atleast 10 inches of space to mount a decent woofer on rear parcel tray. This is why your dealer has asked you to go for a sub in box or a bass tube.
malgudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 20:10   #6
BHPian

okay thanks. i was just wanting to be sure , coz you never know if these dealers want to mint out more money. thanks for all your suggestions i think i will go for the jbl 1000 watt base tube as suggested by rareone. i am looking for a four channel amp. the suggested by rareone is 2 channel i guess. what are other options for 4 channel in the price range i got . ie. 6 - 12 for both the base tube and amp. rareone if you got idea for jbl bass tube 1000 watt price PM me the same. thanks
Old 28th June 2006, 22:42   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Look like your Hu has 2 preamp out with oen switchable to Sub out.

If it was me...

I would get a co-ax for rear on teh rear doors 4k
I would get a spare wheel well sub setup (4k to 7k for sub + 1k for setup)

I would get a good 4 channel amp to power the front speakers and power the sub by bridging 2 channels of sub. Pio 6000, 6150, 6100, JBL CS 60.4 etc (7-10k..grey to b&w) and power rear speakers from HU.

But, if I could stretch my budget by 4 to 6k, I would get a Blau PA275 or JBL CS 65.2 or SOny 502Z (4k, 6k,4k)

so, I assume your rear speaker is a 6inch co-ax and hence you would need

7k amp +5k sub +2k install as per my first idea

7K amp +4k amp + 5k sub+ 2k as per my second config.

emm...

oops, another idea

get two 2 channel amp as you have jsut 2 preamp out ( correct me if I am wrong), power frnt speakers and the sub ( bridge the second amp) . done.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2006, 23:37   #8
BHPian

oops i truly dont know of what my rear speakers are, but they sound better than the blaupunkt i got in my front doors thats all i can tell you. well i dont know of the preamp out all i got from the sony website was
" Pre Out : Front + Rear/Sub Switchable" to what ever that means.

"" get a spare wheel well sub setup "" what is this setup dude i am not aware of it.

will this work fine that i let my head unit power the 4 speakers of my door and let the amp work on the rear tray Pionner 2150 ? and the sub. a 4 channel amp. i liked your suggestion anyways to power my rear spakers from the HU and the rest from the amp also.

thanks JKDAS.
Old 29th June 2006, 16:48   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph

"" get a spare wheel well sub setup "" what is this setup dude i am not aware of it.
Search TBHP and you'll find the solution. It's actually to have your sub installed in your sparewheel well. Gunbir has done it and posted the details with pic somewhere in ICE section. Find it and it will help you well.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 01:47   #10
BHPian

Awesome idea. Who needs a spare wheel anyway?

Side note: for the experts.. what's ur reccomendation for a small but good quality bass tube? i want something for my swift.. dont want huge thumping bass, just a nice rounded sound.
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 02:12   #11
BHPian

hi,
i would rekon u go in for a sub instead of a bass tube, it would sound better any day, and if u get a 1.25 qft box(ported) made, it wont take much space as well,, and maybe pioneer 306 svc, will do the trick, with a cheap sony amp(2 channel) from grey market,,
regards,,
driven

Quote:
okay thanks. i was just wanting to be sure , coz you never know if these dealers want to mint out more money. thanks for all your suggestions i think i will go for the jbl 1000 watt base tube as suggested by rareone. i am looking for a four channel amp. the suggested by rareone is 2 channel i guess. what are other options for 4 channel in the price range i got . ie. 6 - 12 for both the base tube and amp. rareone if you got idea for jbl bass tube 1000 watt price PM me the same. thanks
Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 02:56   #12
BHPian

Yeah, get a sub box. You will be very dissappointed after installing your sub on a tray. It will sound like crap. You don't have to worry about losing boot space with a box. If you use a sub box, you can produce better and powerful bass with a smaller sub compared to an open tray setup.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 07:19   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

There are subs that fit under teh seat and to subs ( small box and tube ones) from Pio, Blau,Alpin etc . Look for details on Pio website.

Tubes subs are a bit boomy. You want it tight? Get a good boxed sub.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2006, 11:32   #14
BHPian

i dont think those shallow ones fit into my budget. anyways i will go for the spare wheel setup with the pionner sub and pionner amp / sony depending what ever i can squeez into my budget. i got the link for the same and i think its a great idea without having to compromise anything in the boot except of say 2 inch of depth ! thanks
Old 1st July 2006, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont think those shallow ones fit into my budget. anyways i will go for the spare wheel setup with the pionner sub and pionner amp / sony depending what ever i can squeez into my budget. i got the link for the same and i think its a great idea without having to compromise anything in the boot except of say 2 inch of depth ! thanks
200mph, get it done by a good installer. Else it will not work well.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote