Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st August 2014, 10:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Sorry for the late reply,finally got the mounts on Wednesday evening.Initial impressions-
1.Mounts are of good quality.
2.Nil vibrations (I was a bit skeptical on this)
3.Mounted the dash cam behind the RVM.
4.Starts and stops automatically whenever I switch ON/OFF the ignition.

Will check the video clarity over the weekend.In a nutshell quite happy with the set up.Will post the pics over the weekend.
Great! So how much did it finally cost you, all inclusive?

Waiting for the pics/video
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:39   #182
BHPian

Finally got my hands on the SJ4000. Planning to test it out tomorrow. All mounts look good and fits well. The plastic used seems pretty decent. List of accessories as stated below +
1 x Spare back cover of the waterproof case
2 x Straps with lock
2 x Velcro straps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
1 x Camera
1 x Waterproof protection case
2 x Connecting support
2 x Helmet buckle
1 x Camera support
1 x Adapter support
1 x Bicycle frame
1 x USB data cable (80cm)
1 x AC power adapter (EU plug)
4 x Bicycle frame tag
4 x Plastic binding
1 x Wiping cloth
1 x Chinese and English user manual

Last edited by procrj : 2nd August 2014 at 22:50.
procrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 14:42   #183
BHPian

Some pics of the dash cam in my car
Attached Thumbnails
SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)-dsc_0040.jpg  

SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)-dsc_0041.jpg  

SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)-dsc_0042.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 23:21   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Some pics of the dash cam in my car

Have you been able to use the dash cam yet? Would really like to see pictures / video from the cam. I am waiting for mine to be delivered

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Traveller Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 10:48   #185

Here's a video captured with SJ4000 in HDR mode

ukoul is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 00:39   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Thanks all. Finally oredring the below from DX and keeping fingers crossed for a timely delivery!
Got the goodies today. The dash cam and the mount (which was ordered separately) came in a cheap bubble wrap envelope. The dash cam was box packed. The mount was lucky to have survived international travel with no protection. It was simply kept in the large envelope.

Dx shipped the items on 31st July through Singapore post. Normal delivery. When checked with customer service at dx last week I was told it will take another 15 days.

It was only on 8th August that the status showed up on the tracking site. I had been checking daily. It said shipped to international destination on 6th August.

I was hoping it will take another 10 odd days.

Surprisingly, it was delivered today. Sunday. Quick.

No custom duty. Packet mentioned sports camera. Price mentioned was 11$.

Here's a picture of all the items that came today.

Now to get a 32 gb card + understanding the cam + attaching the dash cam.
Attached Thumbnails
SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)-1407696756620.jpg  

Traveller Nayak is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 12:12   #187
BHPian

Last week i ordered SJ4000 through Aliexpress and the next day i came to know that my shipment processing has been cancelled due to security concerns. If Aliexpress suspects any concerns with the credit card used they simply cancel the processing and sends an email to the customer to share few documents like passport/id cards, Credit card front /back and CC bank statements. It appears there is not definite logic to suspect a security concern but they randomly pick people. After googling i found that its part of their process and i went ahead and shared all the required details (masked all the important details which i dont want to share). Its been 5 days now and yet there is no response from Aliexpress. I am kind of frustrated and dont want to wait for them to come back.

Can any of the members suggest any other website through which you bought the SJ4000? and pls share if there are any specific 'Seller' who is trustworthy.

As per few websites, from Aug 10th onward SJ4000 model comes with a logo 'SJCAM' printed in the front of the camera. This has been done to avoid the duplicates of SJ4000 floating in the market. Does anyone recently bought such a piece? if yes pls share the info. Thanks.
ebmrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 00:38   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Can any of the members suggest any other website through which you bought the SJ4000? and pls share if there are any specific 'Seller' who is trustworthy.

As per few websites, from Aug 10th onward SJ4000 model comes with a logo 'SJCAM' printed in the front of the camera. This has been done to avoid the duplicates of SJ4000 floating in the market. Does anyone recently bought such a piece? if yes pls share the info. Thanks.
Mine was delivered on 10th. I bought from dx.com. I had paid through PayPal. Overall smooth process.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th August 2014 at 05:11. Reason: Quote tags fixed.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 12:23   #189
BHPian

Is this the real SJ4000? Sells in aliexpress for 72$ while dx.com is selling for 91$.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-1...023103581.html
Raghav_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:38   #190
BHPian

I have asked a friend of mine, who is in onsite in US, to order a SJ1000 for me.
He confirmed today that he had placed the order in AMAZON US.

The total cost is $64.48. (+ p&h $5.97, but he used a promotional coupon to negate it).

He will be back soon for a holiday and I will pick it up.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 19:05   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My criteria was simple
3. Usable as an action camera under water
Hi tsk, I noticed that you had the point above as one of the requirements for SJ1000, in your original review. So, was just wondering if you ever got a chance to test the camera under water and if yes, how was the performance. Please pardon if you have already answered this somewhere in this thread, I might have missed it in my cursory skimming through the thread.

I am evaluating SJ4000 as a camera for some under water shooting apart from being the regular dash cam, and any tips or suggestions in this regard would be useful.
yosbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 22:43   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Hi tsk, I noticed that you had the point above as one of the requirements for SJ1000, in your original review. So, was just wondering if you ever got a chance to test the camera under water and if yes, how was the performance. Please pardon if you have already answered this somewhere in this thread, I might have missed it in my cursory skimming through the thread.

I am evaluating SJ4000 as a camera for some under water shooting apart from being the regular dash cam, and any tips or suggestions in this regard would be useful.
Yes, I used it underwater. SJ4000 will work just fine underwater, just like the SJ1000

Before going underwater, I took the casing, and put it in a bucket overnight just to be on the safe side.

I suggest you do the same, before going under water!

Sometimes (slim chance but possible) the casing may leak.
In that case do not worry. The SJ4000 fits perfectly in Accessories made for GoPro. So its a better option that just in case you misplace or damage any accessory, you can buy a replacement easily.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 18:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Before going underwater, I took the casing, and put it in a bucket overnight just to be on the safe side.

I suggest you do the same, before going under water!

Wow never thought of that!! Have been scared to use mine underwater, just in case its not watertight enough.
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 17:13   #194
BHPian

Hi,

There seems to be a new model of the SJ4000, with wifi, seems you can connect to your phone!

There seem be many fakes floating around of the SJ cams.

Can someone using SJ4000 confirm that the viewing angle is 170 degrees.

I am planning to buy from here.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SJ4000-SJC...12MP/413878205

A tad higher, but seems to be genuine.
Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 19:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

I ordered the following from AliExpress on August 16th :

Though the cost is on the higher side compared to the listings in DX (and other seller listings in AliExpress) this one comes with an additional battery and the seller - Puhui Digital - has very high rating (the seller had sold close to 2000 non-WiFi and 25 WiFi cameras when I placed the order). Also, the camera comes with SJCAM logo and the seller claims that they're one among the very few who're authorized to sell the camera with the SJCAM logo.

The WiFi model costs just $7 more than the non-WiFi one (sold by Puhui Digital), so went ahead with the purchase despite it being a product of initial batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Yes, I did. Please find the details above.

And I did not face any issues paying the amount with credit card. I bought from Puhui Digital seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
There seems to be a new model of the SJ4000, with wifi, seems you can connect to your phone!
Yes. It was launched in the second week of August 14' IIRC. The SJCAM app is available on Play Store

Quote:
There seem be many fakes floating around of the SJ cams.
Like ebmrajesh said, many sellers claim that the fakes does not come with SJCAM logo

Quote:
A tad higher, but seems to be genuine.
135 Singapore dollar equals ~6500 INR. It's comparable to SJ4000 (WiFi model with SJCAM logo) listed in other online stores like AliExpress, for instance.

Quote:
Can someone using SJ4000 confirm that the viewing angle is 170 degrees
Just did a quick search on Google and came across a post in a FoxOffer.com's Facebook page where someone remarked that the SJ4000 WiFi lens is 170 while the SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi lens is 153.6 only. FoxOffer.com denied it saying both have 170 FOV

Also, the AliExpress page mentions the viewing angle of SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi as 153.67 (I've shared the link above)

EDIT : SJCAM website mentions the FOV as 153.6

Last edited by Klub Class : 29th August 2014 at 19:25.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote