Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th April 2015, 16:58   #301
BHPian

Default Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
^^^
The WiFi version of SJ4000, what exactly does it do in WiFi? I mean what all can be done using WiFi?
Wi-Fi Function, the user can operation or review via Android or for iOS Device

Source: http://www.sjcam.com/home/27-sjcam-s...sport-dvr.html
patron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 17:01   #302
BHPian

Default Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Wi-Fi Function, the user can operation or review via Android or for iOS Device

Source: http://www.sjcam.com/home/27-sjcam-s...sport-dvr.html
Yes. I read that. I guess it should be thro' SJCAM Android App. However, I was actually asking what all actual users here are using WiFi function for (from practicality and usefullness point of view).
TheIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 14:11   #303
BHPian

Default Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I ordered the following from AliExpress on August 16th :

Though the cost is on the higher side compared to the listings in DX (and other seller listings in AliExpress) this one comes with an additional battery and the seller - Puhui Digital - has very high rating (the seller had sold close to 2000 non-WiFi and 25 WiFi cameras when I placed the order). Also, the camera comes with SJCAM logo and the seller claims that they're one among the very few who're authorized to sell the camera with the SJCAM logo.
@Klub Class - Are you able to use SJCAM Android or iOS App with this cam? Or have you tried to update the firmware?

The reason I'm asking is because I came across some disturbing findings today while I was just about to place order on Aliexpress - Puhui Electronics seller.

I was checking a $83.99 deal on banggood.com here --> http://www.banggood.com/SJcam-SJ4000...-p-939976.html

You can see that almost half of the customer's feedback was that the cam they received from banggood.com was fake citing symptoms that the firmware is not updating resulting in black screen and/ or SJCAM Android/ iOS app is not connecting.

This raised the trigger as I remember that Puhui has mentioned on it's page a notice "not to update firmware" saying it might result in black screen as the manufacturer may not update the firmware on its site regularly.

Another trigger is that one of the customer on Puhui page on aliexpress has written that product is genuine and they've given a checking code which he verified on a site sjcamhd.com. Now, I remember checking SJCAM website earlier, it's SJCAM.com. So, I checked both the sites. Both looks similar except for subtle differences - contact us address is difference on both the sites though both are Shenzen based. SJCAM.com has Support section listing firmware, manual & FAQ, whereas sjcomhd.com doesn't have Support section at all. sjcom.com doesn't have a Security check section which sjcamhd.com has wherein that customer may have inputted checking code. SJCAM.com site mentions in it's FAQ that some user's have reported that OK button stopped working on cam after firmware upgrade and that is due to them being copy/ fake.

Now, I don't know which of these 2 sites SJCAM.com or sjcamhd.com is genuine and which one is fake OR are the both genuine?

Here are the differences between Genuine & fake SJ4000

http://sjcamguides.com/sjcam-sj-scam...l-fake-camera/

Anyone has any idea?
Old 16th April 2015, 19:45   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Klub Class - Are you able to use SJCAM Android or iOS App with this cam?
Yes, the SJCAM app works fine on the android devices at home (Redmi 1S, Moto E and Elife E3)

SJCAM android app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...org.jght.sjcam

Quote:
Or have you tried to update the firmware?
No, I haven't
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 20:07   #305
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Yes, the SJCAM app works fine on the android devices at home (Redmi 1S, Moto E and Elife E3)

for the above mentioned Google Play link for SJCAM HD app, check the Developer's email, its written "sjsales@ sjcamhd.com" and website mentioned is www. sjcamhd.com !! strange, now which one is original ?!

Im still awaiting my parcel from banggood, ordered m10-wifi.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 22:13   #306
BHPian

Quote:

No, I haven't
Thanks Klub Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
for the above mentioned Google Play link for SJCAM HD app, check the Developer's email, its written "sjsales@ sjcamhd.com" and website mentioned is www. sjcamhd.com !! strange, now which one is original ?!

Im still awaiting my parcel from banggood, ordered m10-wifi.
Initially, I strongly thought that sjcam.com is original. It has firmware, manuals etc though quality of manuals is very raw like written by an amateur.

However, I sent 2 messages to sjcam.com today. In the first message I asked 3 questions - if it can tag the item as gift and with lower value. Secondly, I asked if sjcamhd.com is genuine or fake. Thirdly, I ask how to differentiate fake cam from genuine. They replied that they tag the item as gift with $20-25 value!!! ( I thought being an organized manufacture, it won't do it). They asked me that I can order it from their site. They never replied on my 2nd and 3rd question.

Then I again sent a query asking again if sjcamhg.com is genuine or fake. Again nothing but silence from them!!

Hence, now I'm not sure whether to trust sjcam.com site or not. I was just about to place an order from them though they are at least $15 costlier.

I think I'll go with Puhui. 7k ke liye aur kitna sochne ka?
Old 16th April 2015, 22:21   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thanks. I was getting impatient and bought it last night. It has been shipped today.
Banggood, just like a cheap ebay seller, provided tracking details on 3rd April but didn't ship it. Tracking was not available.

So, I contacted them on 14th and then they shipped it on 14th April. Tracking available since 15th which clearly mentions that it was booked on 14th only.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 13:01   #308
BHPian

Decided to order these..
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...266724129.html

It has monopole + extra battery + desktop charger clubbed with cam

Also, decided to order this....
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-h...744161930.html
Car Windshield suction mount & Car USB charger
Old 17th April 2015, 14:32   #309
BHPian

^^^
Placed the order. Now the wait starts.
Old 17th April 2015, 15:03   #310
BANNED

Quote:
Banggood, just like a cheap ebay seller, provided tracking details on 3rd April but didn't ship it. Tracking was not available.

So, I contacted them on 14th and then they shipped it on 14th April. Tracking available since 15th which clearly mentions that it was booked on 14th only.
same here. I ordered on 7th late night, infact after reading your "impatient" post :-)
tracking started showing only since 14th. in between, twice I had chat with cust rep online, they keep saying that 7-25 days for delivery, and also told me that tracking actually starts after a week of actually shipped! BG site shows shipped on 11th, wherein tracking site shows of 15th.

my order shows CN warehouse, but tracking shows origin as Sweden!

Quote:
Decided to order these..
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...266724129.html

It has monopole + extra battery + desktop charger clubbed with cam

Also, decided to order this....
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-h...744161930.html
Car Windshield suction mount & Car USB charger
Quote:
^^^
Placed the order. Now the wait starts.
Mono-pod, even Im planning.

sorry for going Off-Track to talks, but thought of sharing info somehow connected to the cam - accessories.

OT-1: The same dual USB charger I already got from Amazon.in (Rs.445), and it was last piece with them.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00O...ilpage_o02_s00
Using since few days, its really a very good one. The port written as "3.1a" is actually fast on my S3 phone.

OT-2: via Amazon.in I already got delivery of Transcend microSDHC 32GB class-10 (Rs.799) : http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o00_s01

OT-3: also got delivery of car lighter socket splitter (Rs.299). tested, it seems a decent one.
the USB port can be ignored as its already mentioned as 500ma, and didnt charge my S3.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00K...ilpage_o00_s00

items I already have:
- few USB Extension cables
- few USB Battery Chargers (extend cam operating time beyond internal battery, when not connected to car power - eg. hike)

so practically, Im almost ready now :-) hopefully the (original) cam is delivered by fast, as Im planning for a trip on W1-May.

Last edited by pcpranav : 17th April 2015 at 15:06.
Old 17th April 2015, 19:57   #311
BHPian

Quote:

Hence, now I'm not sure whether to trust sjcam.com site or not. I was just about to place an order from them though they are at least $15 costlier.

I think I'll go with Puhui. 7k ke liye aur kitna sochne ka?
There are various discussions on other forums about sjcam vs sjcamhd websites. From what I read on rcgroup, sjcam.com was the outsourced marketing/sales front for the camera manufacturers. Later the manufacturer started their own websales through sjcamhd.com.
You should be receiving the same product from both sites, customer service being better in sjcam.com since they had been doing customer support for years.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:52   #312
BHPian

Quote:
same here. I ordered on 7th late night, infact after reading your "impatient" post :-)
I got it today. Luckily no duty charged.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:26   #313
BANNED

Quote:
I got it today. Luckily no duty charged.
congratulations to you, do post product & install pics and your experience.

- did you get less value bill (to avoid duty) ?
* in my purchase, I did put remark to put less value.

- were you able to track it all these days ?
* multiple times a day I open the tracking page, but just shows "in transit" !
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:49   #314
BHPian

Quote:
congratulations to you.
Thanks.

I will post the pics soon.

Bill value is US$21.60 (content: One car camera)
I had not asked them to put less value.

The tracking number was live till 20th April and no update after that till today.

Last update: 4/20/2015 4:33:13 PM
Event Type: Send item to domestic location (Inb)
Next Office: GURGAON STG
Old 26th April 2015, 20:13   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

I will post the pics soon.
Please also let us know if it works with SJCAM HD App for Android or iOS?