Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th May 2014, 19:35   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Is there any make/model that can do the photography for the time-lapse video, as well as shoot video in cycles?
Watch this review to see if this model helps. I think it does both the jobs you require.

SJ4000 HD Action Camera Review - All the mounts -…:
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 21:04   #122
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review

Quote:
Is there any make/model that can do the photography for the time-lapse video, as well as shoot video in cycles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I think it does both the jobs you require.
Yes it does. But I inadvertently missed mentioning that I am looking for a camera that can do both simultaneously.

From techmoan's review, it seemed to me that either it can be in Car Mode and cycle the videos, or it can be in Sequence Mode and take photos for eventual stiching into a time-lapse video.

I take it you are using the product. Is my impression right?
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 07:00   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does. But I inadvertently missed mentioning that I am looking for a camera that can do both simultaneously.

From techmoan's review, it seemed to me that either it can be in Car Mode and cycle the videos, or it can be in Sequence Mode and take photos for eventual stiching into a time-lapse video.
I really doubt if any camera does that simultaneously.

One correction, here the car mode is different than cycling the video length. Car mode starts and stops the video based on whether it is charging or not.

Based on what I have got in hand, the SJ4000 looks fantastic value for money at 6.5k.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 12:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just a thought, if you are using an android/ios device for your navigation needs, why don't you offload the sequential clicking of pics to that? And let the SJ4000 handle the video recording part. Though I haven't searched around, I am sure you will get a few decent apps that can do time lapse.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 13:02   #125
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi guys, I was in the market for a dashcam. Now I am very skeptical about ordering from any of the Chinese websites fearing delays, customs duties, lost consignment etc.
So when I read about the guy Roshan in Bangalore selling DOD dashcams my hopes rose. But after hearing the price of Rs.15000 for the LS400W model ( now revised to Rs.12800), I have dropped plans for a dedicated dashcam.
Instead this is what I have done. I use a two year old SE Xperia Neo V with a 5 MP camera. I have downloaded the paid version of an awesome app called Autoguard Blackbox from Play store. Now I am using my android phone as dedicated dashcam.
For my calling needs I have bought a Samsung Guru 1200 worth Rs.1200.
The videos during day and night are quite good.
I will soon post a couple of videos.
Thanks.
rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 20:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just a thought, if you are using an android/ios device for your navigation needs, why don't you offload the sequential clicking of pics to that? And let the SJ4000 handle the video recording part. Though I haven't searched around, I am sure you will get a few decent apps that can do time lapse.
Actually I use MMI for my navigation needs. But it's a thought. If such an app can at least carry a date/time stamp - that's documentation enough about the drive. And the video recorder can indeed carry out it's basic purpose.
Many thanks for the suggestion.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 20:09   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi guys, I was in the market for a dashcam. Now I am very skeptical about ordering from any of the Chinese websites fearing delays, customs duties, lost consignment etc.
So when I read about the guy Roshan in Bangalore selling DOD dashcams my hopes rose. But after hearing the price of Rs.15000 for the LS400W model ( now revised to Rs.12800), I have dropped plans for a dedicated dashcam.
Instead this is what I have done. I use a two year old SE Xperia Neo V with a 5 MP camera. I have downloaded the paid version of an awesome app called Autoguard Blackbox from Play store. Now I am using my android phone as dedicated dashcam.
For my calling needs I have bought a Samsung Guru 1200 worth Rs.1200.
The videos during day and night are quite good.
I will soon post a couple of videos.
Thanks.
Order from Dx.com
Initially i was skeptical as well,but they delivered the cam in less than 3 weeks.And they have a good customer care department.
You wont lose any money.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 14:44   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hey Samurai, if possible, could you please post pictures of how the device looks from inside as well as outside the car, especially when looking through front windshield and front window?
I want to get similar cam, I need something that isn't easily noticeable to prevent thefts. Amazon mentions the size is 14.3 inches long for this so if a thief looks directly at it, because of the size he would know that this is an aftermarket thingy and noticing the buttons on it would then easily give it away.
nec2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 16:00   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Order from Dx.com
Initially i was skeptical as well,but they delivered the cam in less than 3 weeks.And they have a good customer care department.
You wont lose any money.
Hi Akshay,

You are lucky for receiving the parcel so early. I had placed an order for SJ1000 with DX almost two months earlier and my parcel is still stuck somewhere at a Malaysian or Chinese airport and the customer care till date has been pathetic. No one answers the phone calls and the online chat support only gives lame excuses about the problem being looked into.

I regret doing business with DX.com.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 19:52   #130
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Order from Dx.com
You wont lose any money.
Thanks for the suggestion Akshay. But since vitamin "M" is a major concern, I have settled for this approach. Moreover such "unnecessary" purchases are struck down at budding stage itself by Home Minister. I had promised to upload a few videos which I have in my mobile but don't know how to. The FAQ section mentions about uploading to YouTube and then providing the link. Isn't it possible to upload directly like we do for pics?
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 21:07   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Hi Akshay,

You are lucky for receiving the parcel so early. I had placed an order for SJ1000 with DX almost two months earlier and my parcel is still stuck somewhere at a Malaysian or Chinese airport and the customer care till date has been pathetic. No one answers the phone calls and the online chat support only gives lame excuses about the problem being looked into.

I regret doing business with DX.com.
Just file a dispute with paypal and you will get your money back
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 22:48   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
Hey Samurai, if possible, could you please post pictures of how the device looks from inside as well as outside the car, especially when looking through front windshield and front window?
Here you go, took a mobile snap at night.

SJ1000 Action / Dash Camera - An extended review(SJM10 update pg.15)-wp_20140508_002.jpg
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 06:39   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Akshay. But since vitamin "M" is a major concern, I have settled for this approach. Moreover such "unnecessary" purchases are struck down at budding stage itself by Home Minister. I had promised to upload a few videos which I have in my mobile but don't know how to. The FAQ section mentions about uploading to YouTube and then providing the link. Isn't it possible to upload directly like we do for pics?
Nope,for videos,you need to upload them to You tube and paste the link here.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 11:32   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Just file a dispute with paypal and you will get your money back
thanks tsk, but I did manage to get a refund. Thanks for the tip though.

I still want to order the dashcam for my safari planned at the end of the month but I am not sure if anyone one can deliver it within a week!?
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 11:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

So it was the screw that had gone bad,got a replacement and the mount is as good as new.

Btw with the waterproof case one can use Go Pro mounts on the SJ1000.
Have already ordered a few
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote