Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 16:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
BTW, what is it with so many fake Kickers, JBLs, etc.. coming in? I know of a guy who stocks JBL originals and also has Kicker fakes. And a Kicker component costs only 4500/- Definitely fake!

Kicker components at 4500/- may not be fake
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 09:25   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
And a Kicker component costs only 4500/- Definitely fake!
4500 for fakes! wow! expensive fakes or smart re-seller. Fakes in most cases can be told from fit and finish. The best way however it to ask the re-selller for a BILL and a Manufacturer's WARRANTY.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 16:38   #18
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
4500 for fakes! wow! expensive fakes or smart re-seller. Fakes in most cases can be told from fit and finish. The best way however it to ask the re-selller for a BILL and a Manufacturer's WARRANTY.

Navin,I do beleive that some smart but spurious sellers may be selling fake ones with BILL & warranty card which emselves will be fake/duplicate.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 20:37   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

A kicker component system with B&W is sold for 12k and above here. So, 4500???? Definitely fake. And the sticker on the speaker magnet looks very much hmmmmmmmmm FISHY!!!

As Dr. RSjaurr said, Some can sell you fakes with the claimed Warranty card and Bills.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 00:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Kicker makes a lot of cheap products too. Not all kicker components cost so much.
As many here will tell you... Kicker's not what it used to be. I remember I had a old kicker subwoofer. Handstitched surround and an excursion like the tall running, pumping legs of a beautifully built 18 year old full bodied, large, slightly athletic but overall soft woman, with wavy bouncy hair and a heaving slightly misproportionately larger than usual bosom, running towards me in slow motion.

Anyways... Kicker today reminds me of a mule.

Makes me sorry i dont have that old kicker sub anymore.

This is my opinion ofcourse, but i know many that would agree.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 11th July 2006 at 00:45.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 01:00   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Kicker makes a lot of cheap products too. Not all kicker components cost so much. As many here will tell you... Kicker's not what it used to be. I remember I had a old kicker subwoofer. Handstitched surround and an excursion like the tall running, pumping legs of a beautifully built 18 year old full bodied, large, slightly athletic but overall soft woman, with wavy bouncy hair and a heaving slightly misproportionately larger than usual bosom, running towards me in slow motion. Anyways... Kicker today reminds me of a mule.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha........... ........................
Sam, man I liked the old kickers as well... but you just put this into perspective...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 03:12   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

So, you mean the girl has grown old and the firm,tight'n soft feeling is gone so it's down priced now???

It's true that Kickers have lost it's much acclaimed kick thses days (Not all of it but some). But it still holds it famous name. You will be killed pointblank if spoken against Kickers in South Africa etc.. (They do like killing for some reason)

One close friend needed Kickers in his car and I discouraged him from doing so as it's not worth the money you've to pay these days. Solobaric L5 sub alone costs 22k + here. He kicked the kickers and got himself Audiobahn! Yes, NFS stuff!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 07:18   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

He wnet on to but audiobhan subs instead of Kickers???

bangyboy, well? got up ICE done?

Last edited by jkdas : 11th July 2006 at 07:19.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 02:25   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
He wnet on to but audiobhan subs instead of Kickers???
Yes man! Actually the price of Kickers kicked KICKERs out of his kicking mind! And he started going very fast on Audiobahns. Jk, you know him!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 10:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Yes man! Actually the price of Kickers kicked KICKERs out of his kicking mind! And he started going very fast on Audiobahns. Jk, you know him!
so you are the guy behind the audiobahn"s eh? Knw whts? Its still with teh GAti guys.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 11:28   #26
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
so you are the guy behind the audiobahn"s eh? Knw whts? Its still with teh GAti guys.
No ways man! Please! I was'nt behind Audiobahn, but he was so excited with the brand that it seemed a better deal for him than Kickers. In his budget, there was no hope for Kickers. So it was either greymarket or audiobahns.
Blame it on NFS underground, choice was obviously the BAHN!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Audio in TV less costlier than car audio? LNG In-Car Entertainment 4 2nd August 2010 12:11
Car Audio Set up for Getz lamborghini In-Car Entertainment 24 1st August 2006 11:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks