Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th March 2014, 00:53   #1
Default Center Channel Speaker?

I'm looking to put in a center channel in my ICE, because I read that it creates a completely filling sound experience. However, I have been dissuaded from this by my Car Audio guy in Gurgaon, who said the center channel will kill the bass impact of existing speakers in my ICE.

Does anyone have any experience with a center channel set-up. There are a few dedicated speakers out there for this application, such as this one from Pio:

Let me know your thoughts.
HighwayofLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 12:15   #2
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Center Channel Speaker for Mahindra Scorpio

Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
I'm looking to put in a center channel in my ICE..Does anyone have any experience with a center channel set-up. There Let me know your thoughts.
Adding center channel only makes sense if your HU or processor has multichannel surround-sound processing.

Most center channel speakers are not of the same quality as the other speakers. Besides the car's dash must be desinged to accomodate a center channel speaker as the on-dash models have plastic bodies that are resonant and dont sound good at all.

Hence if you want to add center channel, either do it right or dont do it at all as it will only make the over all sound worse.

Last edited by navin : 20th March 2014 at 16:27.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote