Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th July 2006, 16:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
next he should not have stated name of the speaker manufacture because of which gunbir and jb are defending it right now.
LBM, there is no defending going on... there was nothing wrong with the product. No manufacturing issues, no installation issues, no sound issues. Nothing. It is a clear case of abuse, which was a result of the accident, and there is no debate about that. So no question of defending anything. So what if he mentioned Hertz. Thats not the problem here.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 16:23   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Let me clear out the facts very clearly here .. The speaker GOT DAMAGED in the accident which i have cleary indicated in my first post itself havent I ??

I did speak to JB about it but they didnt have an idea about the extent of damage (as i couldnt quite explain to them what exactly had happened to the speaker) .. I havent sent them these pics as yet .. Decided to put them up here so that i would get a an opinion from the rest such as navin , sam , jb and gunbir themselves ..

I havent at any point of time doubted the quality of the product or the installation related issues .. All i wanted to know is " Is it usable/reparable or NO ? " .. I guess we must have stuck to the topic of discussing this rather than trying to beat each other black and blue .. For if u see , im very much satisfied with the products and all my upgrades are once again from the line up that JB and gunman will be representing ..

Kindly request u all to stick to topic and not throw flames at each other .. The only intension of starting this thread was to find out if i MUST replace the speaker set ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 21:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

thanks man for the clearlification but can u post the pics of the same........
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 23:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

OH BOY....

Missed lotsI can see..... !!! ... full dishum-dishum.. bared canines and all!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 00:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

ya sure kb there is a little dhisum dhisum in one more thread also.....

Since i am a tomato potato , thats why I keep track of everyone else also....lol
Old 11th July 2006, 00:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

ha haw... read about that one... Not taking sides.. but on reading that post it looked like that was meant as a compliment LBM... to your googling skills!

Dont flame me please... LOL
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 00:48   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't say anything bad about my passionate LBM. Keep it up bro.

Cut to scene
*Sam holds LBM's cheeks and sings the googly-woogly advertisement jingle*
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 00:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Cut to scene
*Sam holds LBM's cheeks and sings the googly-woogly advertisement jingle*
Googly-Woogly
Googly-Woogly
Old 11th July 2006, 03:11   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
OH BOY....

Missed lotsI can see..... !!! ... full dishum-dishum.. bared canines and all!!
Not just dishum-dishum, but apologies too man! And sometimes swords were taken out too.
And in the end??? Everything was settled over a bowl of Butterchicken and platefuls of Omelettes. Oops, Ya! omelettes are gunman's favorite BTW!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 09:17   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A few of the better pics that i could manage :

Now lets not quarrel over build quality issues , installation issues etc etc .. How on earth could this be repaired back into shape ?? Possible ?? Impossible ??

PS : If all this equipment survived this crash , just speak volumes of the build quality
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...jun2006-6.html (Mclaren1885's zen totalled on 14Jan2006, insurance company settles on 30JUN2006 !!!!) ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th July 2006 at 09:23.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 10:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

dont mind malaren the pics are not clear I know they are taken from a phone camerai it is ok. If u dont have any other camera try to take pictures out in the sunlight which will improve the quality of the pic.

If the surround is not torn apart then they are chances it can be repaired.... I am not 100% sure but I think it can be done with some skillfull hands......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 11th July 2006 at 10:17.
Old 11th July 2006, 10:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Oops, Ya! omelettes are gunman's favorite BTW!
Haha.. Not really, I just prefer them over butter chicken. Remember, you can have an omlette everyday (like a good SQ setup) but if you eat Butter Chicken (SPL) everyday, you are soon going to be in trouble...

BTW my idea of a good omlette would be a mushroom cheese ham omlette... Ummm, now where is my breakfast
Old 11th July 2006, 10:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

I refused to comment untill I saw Gunbir's and JB's post. Like I have said before it is usually the manufacturer who knows their product best.

1. Mclaren from one pic it looks like the frame of the speaker is also broken - that would explain the twist in the surround.
2. Mclaren from the closeup however this same break is not so visible. Could you please post pics from the reverse of the cone so we can clear this up.
3. B&T there was no need for your statements. Yes there are some drivers whose surrounds are not protected but it would be presumptious of you to state so publically without knowing the product intimately. Even with my old eyes, in one picture, I could see the frame was damaged.
4. I have seen and repaired worse than this so Mclaren relax. depending on how the driver is constructed this might well tbe repairable.
5. Gunbir, JB Lets get to the job at hand and try and resolve mclaren's problem. If the frame is broken he'd need a new frame and a surround. If the voiceoils and cone/tweetr structure can be seperate from the frame in one piece we have hope and this cn be straight forward. Otherwise mclaren a new driver might be a cheaper option. Repairs cost too.

Last edited by navin : 11th July 2006 at 10:35.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 10:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Gunbir, JB Lets get to the job at hand and try and resolve mclaren's problem. If the frame is broken he'd need a new frame and a surround. If the voiceoils and cone/tweetr structure can be seperate from the frame in one piece we have hope and this cn be straight forward. Otherwise mclaren a new driver might be a cheaper option. Repairs cost too.
McLaren knows we will do all we can to help him out of this. And we have already given him our suggestions offline. This thread was put up by him to get others suggestions on how to repair his speaker...
Old 11th July 2006, 11:05   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
McLaren knows we will do all we can to help him out of this. And we have already given him our suggestions offline. This thread was put up by him to get others suggestions on how to repair his speaker...
Thanks Gunbir
navin is offline   Reply With Quote