Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd November 2007, 19:47   #91
BHPian

Thanks alot,will use all 4 awg setup provided the amp supports it.But i am really sad as i have no idea what i am gonna do with Connection FPK300!:-(
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 21:59   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Thanks alot,will use all 4 awg setup provided the amp supports it.But i am really sad as i have no idea what i am gonna do with Connection FPK300!:-(
you can use it. do a double run from the distribution block if you are planning to add one. i think your 75.4 will be ok with the 8g assuming you are using the amp for the fronts and rears. i dont see any harm in running 2 cables from the battery. make sure you install the fuse on both of them separately. now that will add to the expense(i think you have a fuse holder dont you?)
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 00:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can put it up in the market place.

Or

you can get the 4 ga cable till the DB and after that use the 8 ga wire to power and ground the amps.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 20:06   #94
BHPian

hi,

gill, actually, im wrong in my earlier post. its just that i have used 2 cables from the batt earlier without problems.

the right way is to use a thicker cable from the battery till where your amps are and then distribute them.

why did you buy an 8g kit in the first place? you should have bought a 4g.

cheers
clip
Old 25th November 2007, 21:11   #95
BHPian

Clip,
i shall be using a 4g wire from batt to Dblock,then the 8g to power n ground the amps.
We were told that 8 awd shall be more then enough,probably didn't thought of upgrade.
Bottom line- IGNORANCE!!,Lessons learned!:-(
let's see how things finish!
Cheers!!
Old 28th November 2007, 21:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Clip,
i shall be using a 4g wire from batt to Dblock,then the 8g to power n ground the amps.
We were told that 8 awd shall be more then enough,probably didn't thought of upgrade.
Bottom line- IGNORANCE!!,Lessons learned!:-(
let's see how things finish!
Cheers!!
i would still suggest a 2g cable till the amps. then 8g for the speaker amp and 4g for the sub amp. you will be drawing 400w from the speaker amp so an 8g would be enough. 8g for the sub would be less IMHO. you need to have some head room. you are planning for a 600w+ amp right? 4g would be good.

and pm me your plans. ill be leaving at around 7am. it could be 8 also. let mt know what time suits you.
Old 21st February 2008, 00:27   #97
Senior - BHPian

okay gurus here is what i have planned for my swift i have a long due of power cable and speaker wire changes for my ICE, i am running on the raptor cables/stock speaker wires which are actually local and i hate them as they are bad atleast for this kind of amps that i have hence need the change!

well i intend to get a 2guage wire from the battery till boot and then use 4guage to power the gto75.4 and the gto301.1 using a distribution block!

i am clear about this, but really unsure as to what wires to get for my speakers and sub? if there is already thread can someone pm the linky please?

i have jbl gto 607c components and jbl gto 937 coaxials at rear and a pio dvc sub so what the recommended wiring sizes? i actually intend to get the finolex brand for the power cables and the speaker wiring!

guys please help asap as i have the money for these in hand, and i dont want to spend it on something that comes in the mean time!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 10:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

You can go ahead for finolex with eyes closed. You can go for 25 mm sq (4 gauge) cable for both the amps. And then the existing cable to distribute further.
Old 21st February 2008, 13:23   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
You can go ahead for finolex with eyes closed. ...
Don't, @rider60, otherwise you will be given Fonilex!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 13:41   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Along with Haryana 5000 beer.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 14:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hmm...If finloex is difficult to source then L&T, Havells, RR Kable will also work fine.
Old 24th February 2008, 05:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can go ahead for finolex with eyes closed. You can go for 25 mm sq (4 gauge) cable for both the amps. And then the existing cable to distribute further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Don't, @rider60, otherwise you will be given Fonilex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Along with Haryana 5000 beer.
Quote:
Hmm...If finloex is difficult to source then L&T, Havells, RR Kable will also work fine.
hhhmmhaha! good one sam ji, thank you guys will try and source the finolex other wise will get the other brands suggest by Lbm!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:19   #103
BHPian

Whatever it is, throw the damn fake wires, install good guage wires and enjoy the result. You will be surprised when you hear it. I am a happy man now (using Finolex 16mm wires for each amp)
redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:05   #104
BHPian

I see some of the current ratings inching in to the 150+A mark and that makes me wonder, What kind of Battery would cater to such huge loads? For ex, running a music system with that kind of load would easily cross 100AH during an hour of play. Wouldn't these loads drain the battery within no time?
Now, from the perspective of the health of regular car batteries what should be the safe load of a music system so that if we go on a long trip, we can be assured that it doesn't strand us in the middle of a jungle because all the juice was sucked up by vibrations
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 22:26   #105
BHPian

This is what a std(Con audi,FPK 300) amp power kit comes with:-
power cable
FFH, fuse holder
AFS fuse included
ground cable
remote turn-on cable
split loom
All required ring and fork terminals included
Cable ties, split loom and snap grommet included

I'll be using Finolex as power cable for second amp,I am clear that i will be using the wire for power n ground,what what should be the wire size about remote turn on?Fuse holder,Fuse size will be installed as per power requirement
What other things shoul be taken care off or any other point that i am missing.