Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th September 2006, 01:58   #241
Senior - BHPian

Ek 10 ya 12 inch se mera kya hoga, Unless it is an IDMAX!

I read somewhere that pio 510 has damping of 100@4 ohm, can you confirm that? It is not available on their website.

I do not intend to run Audison below 2 ohms, 650 RMS should be enough for me!
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 10:34   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
I read somewhere that pio 510 has damping of 100@4 ohm, can you confirm that? It is not available on their website.

where where where I was searching ever where for this info but could not get it......I would be pleased if yo can supply the link....

Anyways the d class amps has a more dampng factor than a class ab and about the distortion it will be in inaudible limits....and also you are going to keep the sub in the boot it will filter out the major distortion.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 11:02   #243
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Audison LRx 4.300 and LRx 1.400 amps!!!

LRx 4.300
LRx 4.300 is a high power, very compact four channel amplifier. It can provide 65W continuous power per channel at 4 Ohms and 105W at 2 Ohms; if it is used in mono, power increases up to 210W, available on two channels. It is perfect to make complete high sound quality Front/Sub systems or to properly handle the upper ways of multi-amplified ones, attaining very high SPL values. It has two inputs, two Hi-Pass and Lo-Pass Butterworth crossovers with independent adjustments and one subsonic filter; all filters can be bypassed. Lo-Pass can be configured at 12dB/Oct. stereo in multiamplified systems and at 24dB/Oct. mono in Front/Sub ones.

LRx 1.400
LRx 1.400 is a mono amplifier especially designed to drive very low loads with thrilling energy reserve, built-in active filters and LRx typical compact size. Power supply and final stages use high current MOSFETs, which satisfy every power need. With its 900 watts at 1 Ohm, LRx 1.400 is the ideal amplifier to drive state-of-the-art subwoofers systems and to realise installations with very high SPL values and excellent timbre quality. It has a Hi-Pass stereo filter and a 24dB/Oct. Lo-Pass mono one; both are Butterworth, with independent adjustments. The subwoofer section has a bypass subsonic filter and a 24dB/Oct. slope one with Q factor adjustment and phase switch; thus, it always allows you to take full advantage of any speaker you are using.

Source: Website : http://www.audison.com/default.asp?lang=eng

LBM
, I read it on some international forum, even I am not sure of it. You can request someone who owns the amp to post the details from the owners manual...

Last edited by ST7677 : 28th September 2006 at 11:06.
Old 28th September 2006, 11:04   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, I read it on some international forum, even I am not sure of it. You can request someone who owns the amp to post the details from the owners manual...
I have the manual but it is not written there.....

but incase if u came across the site do give us the link.....
Old 28th September 2006, 11:09   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
where where where I was searching ever where for this info but could not get it......I would be pleased if yo can supply the link....
Wow, I can't believe LBM couldn't find information! Shame on Google/ Pioneer!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 11:12   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Wow, I can't believe LBM couldn't find information! Shame on Google/ Pioneer!
yes sir the damping factor is not shown any where.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 28th September 2006 at 11:18.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:03   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
yes sir the damping factor is not shown any where.....
Hmm, they haven't even mentioned the output impedance, or it could have been calculated.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 12:14   #248
Senior - BHPian

ST7677 there are some more amp which have a nearly double the damping factor than the audison.....here have a look...

http://www.audio-system.de/steg/qm_steg.html

If u love damping factor they have of 500......nearlty more than twice of audison....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 28th September 2006 at 12:17.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:29   #249
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I did not make my decision on damping factor or any other specification.

I made my decision based on my listening experience. And now the decision is anyway made

So let,s discuss the remaining part now...
Old 28th September 2006, 12:38   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I did not make my decision on damping factor or any other specification.

I made my decision based on my listening experience. And now the decision is anyway made

So let,s discuss the remaining part now...
also by listing one cannot tell because there are many variables involved....in which the speakers play a big role in the response of the sound...also the installation part....

so going forward spending 70k+ on amps.....do the research fully.....

ok about the subs....here are some models which u can be intersested in buying....

1) adire audio -> Brahma 12D4 http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/BrahmaSeries.htm

2) adire audio ->Tumult 12D4 http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/TumultSeries.htm

3) RE -> XXX 12 dvc version 4ohms http://www.reaudio.com/html/xxx_ts.htm

4) RE -> SX 12 dvc version 4ohms http://www.reaudio.com/html/sx_ts.htm

5) ID -> IDMAX dvc version 4ohms http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...idmax&type=sub

all the subs are great subs and only one can satisfy anyone with its sound...
Old 28th September 2006, 13:34   #251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I made my decision based on my listening experience. ...So let,s discuss the remaining part now...
Alas, finally someone who listens! I hope the ICE forum at TBHP has been somewhat responsible for this method of choosing components - LISTEN!

There will be amps with better damping factor, there will be amps that have lower distortion (IM, THD etc...) numbers, there will be amps with bigger current reserves, and so on but listening is the proof of the pudding.

ST you made my day! Not because you bought Audison or whatever but becuase you based your decision purely on listening.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 14:07   #252
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Navin, yes the decision to decide based on listening was largely influenced by Team BHP and you.

Ok folks, now coming back to the balance stuff... Help me with the subwoofer!!!

Amp specs are already posted... and I will also try and post my listening preferences....

Probably the most difficult question to answer...
The kind of music I listen to depends upon the mood and with whom I am sitting in the car!!!

Personally I prefer sweeter sound. I love the deep club like bass (feel the bass), though not always. Too much treble gives me headache.

Listen to all kinds of music like - Rock, Hip hop, movie Sound tracks, Hindi Pop, Remixes, Fusion ...
Artists include - Raghav, Madonna, 50 Cents, Nusrat Fateh Ali, Celine Dion, Pink Floyd, Enigma, Himesh Reshamiya, Led Zepp, etc.
Also some FM Radio while driving...

Please remember being a family man, boot space is at a great premium. I would also prefer a stealth install if possible (to avoid theft).

LBM, Thanks for your recommendations. Can I listen to any of the Subs you have recommended in Bangalore?

Last edited by ST7677 : 28th September 2006 at 14:24.
Old 28th September 2006, 14:51   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I think ST7677 could easily fit a 10 or 12 in the corner of the trunk, just clear of the wheel well, and yet have sufficient internal volume..
ST, i would recommend either an IB or what B&T has suggested. I have not seen a Civic trunk but I feel there might be a corner (usually opposite the fuel tank) inside the trunk that can be used for this. I am doing the same on my Octy. B&T has seen the baffle frame. Using resin bonded fiberglass one can save space as FRP is much stiffer than MDF or marine Ply V/V. FRP is a pain to use though. Due to severe time restrictions my project is still unfinsihed.

Usually you will get a box about 1-1.5 cu. cu. ft. which will suffice from most 10" woofers and maybe a few 12" woofers. This sort of woofer will take up little space (most of it is rarely used anyway) and give your system some bottom. Not Club Bass.

If you need the Bass required for Club sound you would either have to use a 15-18" in an IB or a really big box.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 15:19   #254
Senior - BHPian

Ok let's hold the Sub for a moment....

Suddenly I got few PMs that suggested that the "weakest link in your audio chain is the head unit, and until you change that, such upgrades in the other links will have practically no effect. I would recommend you re-think this aspect."

Is this true? Why is that so? I need expert opinion on this. And if so, what is the best way to handle it?

I do not want to change the OE HU because...
1. I want to keep the car as stock looking as possible. The OEM HU integrates well and looks good. There is less likely hood of the integrated OEM getting stolen than the aftermarket HU.

2. It has an in dash integrated 6 CD changer, which is MP3 and WMA capable on CD-R /RW. Changing HU would mean also adding up a cd changer.

3. I am not too fascinated by the LCD display / DVD player etc. The OEM HU provides all the track related information that I need without any distraction.

4. With good (audison / sosche) High to low converters, I thought there would not be a perceptible fidelity loss.
Old 28th September 2006, 16:51   #255
BHPian

Whoever sent u those PMs r right.

HU doesn't matter much in low end system.But in high end systems,everything starts from HU e.g. it should have 3pairs of pre-amp outputs,high preamp voltage,TA setttings,X-over settings,i-pod control,high S/N ratio etc.Some would even prefer dancing dolphins on HU's display or damsels would even do better job!!!

1.Dont worry about keeping ur car's look as stock as u have good installer in Bangalore,Anwar i beleive.Members here at tbhp have spoken highly of him.
2.See if someone here can help u keeping ur stock cd changer.
3.Why buy that HU.U can buy any alpine or pioneer HU which recently KB has bought for himself.I think its under 20k
4.I leave it to experts to answer.

ST,i am not expert but i learnt all this from experts and do have little bit personal experience.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 28th September 2006 at 16:53.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote