Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th September 2006, 09:33   #286
Team-BHP Support

Rightly sadi Zak, I dont have the dexterity required to be a ICE installer anymore. My last install was in 1995/6. Today I have a very nice installer who listens to all I want and does exactly that. She (yes She) is very co-operative with all my mad ideas some of which dont work like initially thought.

I have 3 tube power amps, 2 CD players, 3 sets of speakers, and a pair of subwoofers (all home audio) in the oven and no time to start despite having most of the parts.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 11:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
And Sam is the one who lived to tell the tale of his girlfriend's install experience.
Looks like I missed this story. Anybody know where I can find this?
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 12:09   #288
BANNED

Just look for threads started by sam. It's a story worth reading. Especially Putting in HU etc..

Where's ST? Did you remove the HU from that Civic? Contact Supreme Hifi to find a suitable person to do the tinkering work for you.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 13:05   #289
Senior - BHPian

Ok! Got the post.Made for some great reading and some great laughs Now I gotta get some work done. Been on TBHP for 3 hours now:(
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2006, 22:56   #290
Senior - BHPian

No I have not taken out my HU yet!

In fact after lot of thought, I have decided to first listen and compare the actual difference between:
1. Entire setup with OE HU and an RCA converter and
2. A good after market HU

After that If the later is significantly better than the former than I would ADD the after market HU to my setup permanently...

I might be spending extra on the RCA converter, unless some one is willing to loan me one for the test!
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 09:43   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
first of all the price you are comparing are the grey prices with the with bill prices...the pioneer would cost nearlt 15-18k if it is in bill . and the pioneer d510 is not a bad amp when compared to sq....it is a very good option If condidered a VFM option...If ur planning to get this amp I think you will not be disappointed as I have never listen that the d510 is a bad product....

One more thing considering a product with its manufacturer for its SQ is a very wrong approach.. First listen to the product then comment on it...

Also if a BLIND test is done I dont think even a Good Audiophile (not JB) cannot tell which amp is running......
Every equipment in the sound reproduction chain sounds different from brand to brand, provided you have quality associated equipment for testing any equipment along with good ears.

Just for my knowledge LBM how many different brands of amplifiers have you actually heard, can you please name them. And out of them how many have you compared head on in A/B comparison.

If "watt is a watt" would have been the formula then so many different amplifier brands would not have existed.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 09:52   #292

Navin's right... stick to the basic setup as this is actually a luxury car. With too much noise, ull have to keep the windows down and inturn ruin the upholstery.
hiphopdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 14:18   #293
Senior - BHPian

Noise?

I thought we were discussing pure SQ here!

And what use will so much damping be, if have to keep the windows down!
Old 1st October 2006, 17:47   #294
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopdoc
Navin's right... stick to the basic setup as this is actually a luxury car. With too much noise, ull have to keep the windows down and inturn ruin the upholstery.
Noise!!!!??????

You're way too far from what is being discussed here.
Old 2nd October 2006, 11:56   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
No I have not taken out my HU yet!

In fact after lot of thought, I have decided to first listen and compare the actual difference between:
Just make sure you are able to do a blind A/B test if possible over different types of music. This is the real best possible way and avoids our 'brain & heart' otherwise clouding what we hear.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2006, 19:11   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
This is the real best possible way and avoids our 'brain & heart' otherwise clouding what we hear.
You forgot 'eyes' there. They're responsible for sending the message to our brain, and overwhelming the poor heart.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 10:51   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

ST, do yourself a favour.

A) listen to 1
B) check out 2 and see if you can settle for that look

Right now it seems like you are in analysis-paralysis mode.

Once you have decided between A or B we can take subsquent steps.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:32   #298
Senior - BHPian

Or may be I can try selling the amps, if I get close to my (discounted) cost price, I can re-evaluate my options considering the OEM HU limitations....

If Honda had to integrate their HU, they should have provided a better HU with line outs at least.

Anyone interested in brand new LRx 1.400 and LRx 4.300 at attractive negotiable rates do PM me... I am likely to receive the amps in a week or two from abroad.
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:38   #299
BANNED

now, your amps are for sale?
Then what?

I give up! I give up!

:

Last edited by speedzak : 3rd October 2006 at 12:41.
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:40   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone interested in brand new LRx 1.400 and LRx 4.300 at attractive negotiable rates do PM me... I am likely to receive the amps in a week or two from abroad.
If you have bought the amp keep them they are very nice amp....If you try to sell them u would not get the price....

And now go adhead with the install.....without thinking much and getting confused......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote