Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 21st July 2006, 17:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
This is for my Suzuki Swift... i can spent like 10k for the speakers. Next week flying to US for a short official trip. How abt getting stuffs from there.. May be there wont be much price difference but we can get geniune stuffs from shops like BestBuy or Crutchfield.com. I just checked the price for Alpine CDA-9856 it comes around 200$/Rs 9000.
It will be a good decision if u opt to buy from states.You can save about 20-30% of total budget.Buy from crutchfield.com,onlinestereo.com though crutchfield is 10-20% pricier than other online stores.

Go for alpine HU with atleast 3preouts and mate it with infinty spk,copmonents for front and coax for rear.You can also get amplifer kit and RCA cables from US but these will add to ur baggage weight greatly.

For u i will recommend Infinty ref 5010 and 5012,and infinty kappa if u got higher budget.

Remeber u can bring stuff worht 26K without incurring any custom duty.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 21st July 2006 at 17:38.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Anyone have Alpine CDA-9856. Please share your reviews.... What is the price ?

Please suggest what speaker can i go for. I mean the brands JBL or Alpine or Pioneer....

Anyone please explain me what is a component speakers. Sorry for asking silly questions. My understanding is that getting 2 or 3 different type of speakers in a combination.
nrajeshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 17:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

rajesh one thing u have to consider is that the FM in US is have a step of .8 and in india it is having .5 step so If u get ur hu from US the FM radio will might not play here in india.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 18:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
rajesh one thing u have to consider is that the FM in US is have a step of .8 and in india it is having .5 step so If u get ur hu from US the FM radio will might not play here in india.
Yeah.. This is the point I am stuck on too.... And its $269 + $69 Shipping + $3 insurance + Customs!! ... Already checked two weeks ago!!..

Somtimes think buying locally - you always can go back and give it to the installer in case of problems... if one imports it you cant!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 20:06   #20
BHPian

What is the equivalent Alpine model available in india for Alpine CDA 9856.
This model is compatible with Ipod.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=CDA-9856
Old 21st July 2006, 23:10   #21
BANNED

Mr. Rajesh should listen first whatsoever! Both the systems should be experienced to be decided.

Some people like Pioneer and some like it's sound more than anything. Some are satisfied by Alpine. Some will even say that nothing is more satisfying than a custom made HU.
Now, nobody in this world can decide this except your ears.

I changed my HU from PIO to ALPs! (yes! from a pioneer to alpine). And I'm very much unhappy the way Alpine sounds. I liked my pioneer more better. And I'm in the process of going back to Pioneer now.

Alpines are well represented in India these days and I think their sevice and support is better here.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 23:18   #22
BHPian

Yes Listening what i have to do next ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Mr. Rajesh should listen first whatsoever! Both the systems should be experienced to be decided.

Some people like Pioneer and some like it's sound more than anything. Some are satisfied by Alpine. Some will even say that nothing is more satisfying than a custom made HU.
Now, nobody in this world can decide this except your ears.

I changed my HU from PIO to ALPs! (yes! from a pioneer to alpine). And I'm very much unhappy the way Alpine sounds. I liked my pioneer more better. And I'm in the process of going back to Pioneer now.

Alpines are well represented in India these days and I think their sevice and support is better here.
Old 21st July 2006, 23:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

yeah... you must listen to both before you decide Rajesh.... the best was of doing htat is your installer himself.. tell him to hook both up on the condition that you will buy the one you like - he should be happy to do so.. well.. hopefully!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:07   #24
BHPian

Come on guys, i haven't decided anything yet. Yes still listening to all the inputs. Thanks a lot for all the valuable inputs!

Cheer!
Old 24th July 2006, 09:53   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Come on guys, i haven't decided anything yet. Yes still listening to all the inputs. Thanks a lot for all the valuable inputs!
Reply to your PM.
The Alpine CDA9856 is a fine deck. I have not heard it myself but have heard older models like the 9830, 9833 and 9835. The CDA series has only 1 preamp out so if you want to expand your system later with multiple amps your options will be limited. Most Alpines allow you to set th FM tuner for US or EU mode. Make sure the 9856 has this. If it does you will be able to use the tuner in India.

Rajesh, It is not nesscary to PM me when the topic is being discussed int eh open forum. I usually visit this forum 5-6 times a week.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 13:43   #26
BHPian

Default Alpine - Older Model Is Better !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi
Alpine would give u better sound
Sure, Alpine would be better Pioneer.

But, do keep in mind, Alpine is more difficult to set up.

Also the new Alpine HO's have been 'downgraded'
The older models were much better.

But, if you have a budget for Alpine, then I would suggest Eclipse 7000 or 5000.
They make bettwe hear units. I Think they have an official importer / distributor - Digimax [not sure though].

BHAGWAN
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 14:03   #27
BHPian

Hi,

It may be the !.

But how about roadmaster HU, it's the latest 3 in 1, click the link to find.....

& is it worth to have these HU's

ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VR3-CAR-STEREO-V...QQcmdZViewItem

Roadmaster link:

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/stereos_car_vr3.php
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote