Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2006, 18:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Called up one guy here with LBM "Q" ... and he wanted me to find this out.... Ab mai gaya uska waaat lagaane!! ... lol
Kb Yaar could not understand what is this???? Please help me?????
Old 21st July 2006, 18:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Matlab.. Tru has no internal fuse... they recommend 120 amps inline .. some 15 inches from teh Batt... So am I okay in doing 80 amps??... other than that I cant juice it completely, what are the fallouts - if any?
Please ignore my comment entirely if Gunbir/ JB have recommended a 80A fuse to you.

In case you figured that out on your own, here goes...

I remember Gunbir once mentioning that when Tru says the amp delivers 150x4, it's all a big JOKE. They actually put out more than twice those figures...and I believe him in totality. And if you fuse it with 80A, the JOKE's on you, my friend. Oh well, unless you really fancy changing AGU/ ANL style fuses by the roadside as a hobby!

And be careful how you handle the HU's volume control once that baby's in. 300W rms is some very very serious power... for ANY car component set. Oh well, unless you really fancy gluing in recone kits into blown drivers by the roadside as a hobby!

Old 21st July 2006, 18:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Please ignore my comment entirely if Gunbir/ JB have recommended a 80A fuse to you.

KB if u put a 80 amps fuse u will be ending up like me melting it. So u go for a 120 amps fuse only as recommeded by TRU.

Any ways where is Gunbir / JB these days no sign of them. I think they might have to add some to it.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st July 2006 at 18:51.
Old 21st July 2006, 18:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Kb Yaar could not understand what is this???? Please help me?????
Amma yaar... called up a local installer to ask him why the readings could be that... he asked me if the cap is in series or parallel.... Which is why I asked...!!.... I toh am novice baba...

Brrrrrrr... buddy... tell me... If I NEVER cross half way on HU... will 80 amps be okay??... and ANL fuses... are they difficult to replace?.. I only want to do about 15 on the HU - on a scale of "0 - 35"
Old 21st July 2006, 19:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brrrrrrr... buddy... tell me... If I NEVER cross half way on HU... will 80 amps be okay??... and ANL fuses... are they difficult to replace?.. I only want to do about 15 on the HU - on a scale of "0 - 35"
Uh, is it you only kb? Or am I hallucinating? Or are you smoking something?

You spend 1L on the amp, and you want to compromise on a dollar a piece fuse?

How does 1-15 on the HU matter even if you have precisely matched gains and are applying no sound processing? What will you do if some program material has a far lower recording level, or worse still, far higher? Isn't the very basis of a volume control with 35 steps intended to give the user 35 different and varying steps of being able to attain musical nirvana to suit the mood, ambience, music played, the road being travelled and the company you are enjoying? Why wouldn't you rather turn down the gains on the amps so low, that they can't even deliver the half of the rated power when the HU is at full throttle so as to atleast ensure that you still get the 35 steps you desire and you dont even stand the risk of blowing a fuse or otherwise? In which case, why don't you buy a goddamn Tru amp which is actually half the rated power, i.e. 75x4 and live happily ever after, cos you still won't be able to turn it up all the way anyway, and send me a few crates of beer from all the money you saved (make that Fosters please )?!?! Although I cant get myself to believe that a guy would actually change the choice of amp just in order to avoid upgrading a fuse, but I'm really perplexed about where you're heading here even from your sound point of view!

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 21st July 2006 at 19:11.
Old 21st July 2006, 19:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

buddy.... Mail me two 120 fuses!!..... ANL whatever!!.
Old 21st July 2006, 19:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
buddy.... Mail me two 120 fuses!!..... ANL whatever!!.
Can't bro, we're weird. I'll explain why.

We don't stock 120 A fuses.
We stock 100, 150 and 200 only, but in Mini-ANL style.
We only have 60A in AGU/MAXI/Mini-ANL styles.

So you'll need to source a 120A fuse from someone who does it, or parallel two 60A fuses in the same power line.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:08   #38
BHPian

KB100,

Go ahead with 80A fuse....no worries with one TRU TO3 amp.

I don´t want to give any explainations here. All I want to say is that since last two years I am running full McIntosh system demanding 150A current by using 100A ANL fuse. Till date I have not replaced that fuse.

For your piece of mind I will still send you 150A fuse which will be equivalent to the PEAK power requirements of the two amplifiers you eventually intend to use.

The caps are always wired in parallel to the power circuit.

The In Line fuse is used to cater to the load as well as to offer protection to the line in case of shorting to avoid accidents.

Just to clarify more, all this happens in kits specifically designed to cater limited load not to cater the systems demanding load 3 times of specified rating.

Last edited by Autophile : 21st July 2006 at 21:25.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
KB100,I don´t want to give any explainations here.
Then where will u give the explaination man. If u would post it here everbody will gain knowledge from U. and the purpose of this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Just to clarify more, all this happens in kits specifically designed to cater limited load not to cater the systems demanding load 3 times of specified rating.

Are u telling about the problem I am discussing.....or any thing else...

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st July 2006 at 21:34.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:38   #40
BHPian

LBM,

Meet me on Sunday. I will explain you everything in detail everything you want to know. Then you can type it out for everyone else on this forum because explaining people like you by typing is a serious waste of time and effort for me.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ok in simple words without type alot for me can u answer me in simple yes or no.

Is the voltage drop to 9.3 volts when bass hits is ok in a car install ?

I think this is a very simple question with only two answer yes or no , and i think u can give it with typing just 20 letter because t-bhp require min 20 letter to post

One more thing If U think typing for me is a waste of time for u then u can do it for kb he must be requiring that knowledge.....lol

fuse requirment 120 amps but 80 amps would be ok......lol

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st July 2006 at 21:49.
Old 21st July 2006, 21:55   #42
BHPian

I cannot comment on the car, system, design based on the evidences and pictures you have posted. Post more details and videos with details like whether the engine was running shown in the video, with volume level, eq settings etc. then it will be easy for me to comment. Without these details, it would be wrong to comment on anybodys work.

KB100 has full access to my knowledge and expertise. You need not worry about him.

Last edited by Autophile : 21st July 2006 at 21:59.
Old 21st July 2006, 22:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

I cannot post comment about the car and the install and the some thing realted to that because it has been warned by the mods to not to do so but If I think the need is required I will do it so.

Also I have given enough detail to clear the picture up what the problem is, rest if u can comment on that I will be highly obliged that u have taken pain to increase my knowledge. I am not debating here about it I am just asking something is it normal to have such voltages in a ice setup thats all.
Old 21st July 2006, 22:09   #44
BHPian

LBM Dude,,, whats the problem yaar,,, get a life man,,, what part of 'post complete details' dont you understand,,, Its clear eveyone has said this to you man,,,

why are you so worried about this install,,, is your system finally fixed,,, sounding any better,,,vicks ki goli lo phar phar door karo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I cannot post comment about the car and the install and the some thing realted to that because it has been warned by the mods to not to do so but If I think the need is required I will do it so.

Also I have given enough detail to clear the picture up what the problem is, rest if u can comment on that I will be highly obliged that u have taken pain to increase my knowledge. I am not debating here about it I am just asking something is it normal to have such voltages in a ice setup thats all.
Old 21st July 2006, 22:39   #45
BHPian

LBM bhai is this the same capacitor??

cos it looks similar??
Closed Thread