Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:48   #46
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,471
Thanked: 4,124 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I believe that all cards are not compatible with the device. Thanks in advance.
I think what you should look for is Micro SD Class 10 cards. This type is what is used with Transcend DrivePro Series, see the product specification link below:
Link
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:17   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think what you should look for is Micro SD Class 10 cards. This type is what is used with Transcend DrivePro Series, see the product specification link below:
Link
The specs says "micro sd MLC " what is MLC ? Are all Transcend cards MLC ?
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:59   #48
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,471
Thanked: 4,124 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
The specs says "micro sd MLC " what is MLC ? Are all Transcend cards MLC ?
I think this is just the branding for these class 10 high speed SD cards - another Link with some information.
Also "MLC" is "Multi Level Cell", like "SLC" which is "Single Level Cell" - more reading Here

So, look for the MLC branded cards only, the SLC ones are preferred for long term storage and may not be compatible with the DrivePro series of products.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd April 2015 at 12:03.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 14:46   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think this is just the branding for these class 10 high speed SD cards - another Link with some information.
Also "MLC" is "Multi Level Cell", like "SLC" which is "Single Level Cell" - more reading Here

So, look for the MLC branded cards only, the SLC ones are preferred for long term storage and may not be compatible with the DrivePro series of products.
I queried Transcend on compatibility of SD cards for Drivepro 220. The response is given below.


Dear Transcend Customer,

Many thanks for contacting us.

We suggest you to buy product number TS64GUSDU3 or TS32GUSDHC10U1.
We recommend that you could contact your original store or distributor in India for the purchase. Thank you.

You can also visit Transcend support and download to learn more about products, software updates, FAQs and much more.


Sincerely,
Transcend Technical Service
Email: service-tw@transcend-info.com
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 15:58   #50
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post

I queried Transcend on compatibility of SD cards for Drivepro 220. The response is given below.

Dear Transcend Customer,

Many thanks for contacting us.

We suggest you to buy product number TS64GUSDU3 or TS32GUSDHC10U1.
We recommend that you could contact your original store or distributor in India for the purchase. Thank you.

You can also visit Transcend support and download to learn more about products, software updates, FAQs and much more.

Sincerely,
Transcend Technical Service
Email: service-tw@transcend-info.com
As suggested by NPV go for cards with MLC. My DrivePro200 came with the same 16 GB MLC card in the box, ofcourse from Transcend.
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 07:51   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,485
Thanked: 841 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Guys, how is it possible to keep the camera discreet without being easily noticeable from outside. Nobody want's any wrong eyes to see that there is dashcam inside the car. All i mean how to achieve a stealth camera install ( not that i am up to something naughty ) it's just that i want to protect my investment from thieving eyes and the likes.

Keeping a dash cam in a car is like keeping a mobile near the dash where it is liable to be flicked if the windows are rolled down or whatever. The drivepro's are a bit lumpy and keeping it nearly invisible could be difficult.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2015, 11:16   #52
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys, how is it possible to keep the camera discreet without being easily noticeable from outside. Nobody want's any wrong eyes to see that there is dashcam inside the car. All i mean how to achieve a stealth camera install ( not that i am up to something naughty ) it's just that i want to protect my investment from thieving eyes and the likes.

Keeping a dash cam in a car is like keeping a mobile near the dash where it is liable to be flicked if the windows are rolled down or whatever. The drivepro's are a bit lumpy and keeping it nearly invisible could be difficult.
As you rightly said the DP is an attention magnet with its big chrome ring. One option is to paint the chrome ring black and mask alk the logo at front. Next stick the suction mount as close to the top edge of the windshield. Now this is easy on cars where the IRVM is attached to the roof for e.g. all Maruti cars.
Thus the camera will be directly behind the IRVM and not sticking below.
But when IRVM is attached to the windshield the above arrangement is not possible for eg. in my Liva.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 10:04   #53
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MFP
Posts: 840
Thanked: 1,117 Times
Default

I had a dual camera dash cam recording both the front and rear. It was good but had stopped functioning after few days of use so had sent it for replacement as per the communication from seller. Now that fellow is not taking my calls or replying to mails and messages, its been over 8 months now. I had bought the product from eBay. And eBay has refused to help.
That's why I'm looking for a better quality dash cam and am confused between all 3 varieties of Transcend Drivepro . Please help me out. I can go for 220 also, cost is not the issue.
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 14:20   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
That's why I'm looking for a better quality dash cam and am confused between all 3 varieties of Transcend Drivepro . Please help me out. I can go for 220 also, cost is not the issue.
Let me clarify the differences between the 3 models .

Drivepro 100 is a basic model which records good quality video.

Drive pro 200 gets you wifi in addition which is helpful for connecting to the cam from an android or IOS device. This is quite useful as removing the device from the car to download the video is a pain. The flip side is that under normal usage downloading the video wont be required often.

Drive pro 220 brings in GPS in addition to wifi. This enables recording of speed and gps coordinates. This device has got three additional features which can be used on highways namely :
Lane deviation warning - the device generates an audio & visual alarm when the car start deviating from the lane.
Forward collision warning - Generates an audio & visual alarm when you are closing on a car ahead of you in the same lane.
Overspeed warning - Generates an audio alarm when you cross a defined speed.

I tested the above three warnings and they work quite well on the highway but are practically useless in the city.

Drive pro 100 is fit it and forget device. Drive pro 200 is good if one needs to download the video frequently. Drive pro 220 is ideal for highway rides.

Last edited by adnaps : 27th April 2015 at 14:26. Reason: correction
adnaps is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 15:35   #55
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post


Drive pro 200 gets you wifi in addition which is helpful for connecting to the cam from an android or IOS device.
In addition, DP 200 has capacitor instead of batteries. This is good considering our hot climate, there won't be heating issues.
rajivr1612 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 16:50   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,744
Thanked: 8,608 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

This one should sum it all:
Name:  Drive Pro Comparo.jpg
Views: 2678
Size:  117.3 KB
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 19:52   #57
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MFP
Posts: 840
Thanked: 1,117 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This one should sum it all:
I have the brochure, what I wanted to know was with respect to experience. Please share your experiences.
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 20:18   #58
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I have the brochure, what I wanted to know was with respect to experience. Please share your experiences.
Hi, I have been using the DP200 since last 4-5 months. It has been working flawlessly (touchwood) that too in Chennai heat (no batteries only capacitor). The video (1080P) is very good. Mine has 160 deg wide angle lens so edge to edge coverage is fantastic. Videos both day and night are crisp. The mount is sturdy with no vibrations. Eventhough it doesn't have batteries the clock settings are easily retained for min. one week. Hope this helps.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 27th April 2015 at 20:43.
rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 16:51   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,744
Thanked: 8,608 Times
Default Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have the brochure, what I wanted to know was with respect to experience. Please share your experiences.
This is my 3rd Dashcam after using 2 Chinese ones that I earlier purchased from ebay and dx.com.

The first was a bare minimum Dashcam while the second one was Dual channel Cam with GPS Logging. Both were only good for the price paid and both lacked the clarity, especially at night.

They both are functional even today as I gifted the first one to my friend and the other one is in the WagonR.

I picked the DP200 only 5 months back. My friend used this in his Linea during the Ladakh drive we went in September 2014 and the outcome was excellent in terms of clarity.

Soon after this, I borrowed the same and used it in my car for few days and liked it too. Placed an order and have been using it ever since.

Overall, I am happy with the recording clarity and the functions. I personally don't miss the Battery back-up of this as I have a dedicated 12V socket for Dashcam now.

Night recording too is good if you compare that with most of the branded Dashcams out there.

EDIT - If I am picking one today, It would of course be DP220 and not the DP200 for those extra features.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015, 18:56   #60
BHPian
 
pgupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

I got the DP100 but the suction mount is coming off with slight vibrations. Any tips tricks to set this right firmly. I am placing this on the glass surface of the windscreen.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mobius Action / Dash Cam - An extended review tsk1979 In-Car Entertainment 10 27th April 2015 12:38
Transcend T sonic 2 GB mp3 player to Pioneer 6850 Knight Rider In-Car Entertainment 21 24th December 2009 14:36
Frustratingly slow R/W for Transcend MP3 player benbsb29 Gadgets, Computers & Software 15 7th September 2009 23:16
Enfield Bullet:Cam gear backlash and solutions including adjustable cam spindles deepclutch Motorbikes 73 17th December 2008 00:47
Transcend Launches 16GB JetFlash V85 In India @ Rs 4,250 nishantgandhi Gadgets, Computers & Software 18 4th April 2008 19:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks