Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th August 2015, 01:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One of the pics also shows the front area. Did you install front ops modules too?
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 15:15   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
One of the pics also shows the front area. Did you install front ops modules too?

I didn't install the front sensors. But the HU have an option to do it.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:10   #183
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)

Lost my maps card somewhere in the car and cant seem to find it. What do I do? any ideas?
mav2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2015, 23:40   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Lost my maps card somewhere in the car and cant seem to find it. What do I do? any ideas?
That spring for the tiny sd card is so damn strong. I was trying to put the nav maps sd card in my cousin's Dynavin the other day and it popped out like a pellet and went missing. Finally his driver got it from the floor below the 3D mat for the left rear passenger. Has happened in my Dynavin when I had it. In Yeti, it usually falls somewhere between the front left passenger seat and the centre arm rest or slightly behind it. Since the mat is black, the micro sd card is hard to be spotted.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 22:43   #185
BHPian

Yesterday my HU showed an error message when i turned the ignition to ON position. The car was halted for about 10 minutes before turning the ignition. I am getting this error for the second time. The message was
Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)-img_1043.jpg
Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)-img_1044.jpg
Immediately i raised this error issue with Sugesh and he promptly send me an firmware update today. Now i had updated the latest firmware. Hope the issue will not be shown again. Now the info reads
Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)-img_1072.jpg
The initial version while buying was
Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)-img_0914.jpg

I have some more queries regarding the HU functions
1. How to stop songs/ videos playing through USB before switching off the HU?
2. Climatronic function display in HU possible?
3. After the MCU 1.1.2 update equalizer(user) settings are not getting saved and I have to set it again everytime I start the car.
4. When i return to main menu while playing music, after some few seconds it automatically goes to 'now playing' screen. Is there any option to change this?
5. Navigation? Still i am not very clear about it.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 13:56   #186
BHPian

Default Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)

Guys how's the display under bright sun light. This is one major reason I like the oe units like rcd 510. Is there a lot of reflection and poor visibility under bright sun compared to rcd or rns?
Also can these units load mapmyindia?
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 20:43   #187

Hi

I tried to update the maps through Naviextras tool box in my Dynavin HU. I couldn't connect. Then I raised a ticket to the support in Naviextras. They are saying the software is pirated. Be careful. I have raised this issue with Mr.Sugesh of VAGTUNE also.
srik0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 22:40   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
Hi

I tried to update the maps through Naviextras tool box in my Dynavin HU. I couldn't connect. Then I raised a ticket to the support in Naviextras. They are saying the software is pirated. Be careful. I have raised this issue with Mr.Sugesh of VAGTUNE also.
Whats vagtune's response?
Dynavin is in the devices list on naviextras portal. Click the link below.
https://www.naviextras.com/shop/port...upport#Dynavin
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 00:02   #189
BHPian

My original SD card is cracked. Spoke to sugesh and he said I will have to purchase a new one. In between i had a backup which worked for downloading map update but doesn't work in dynavin unit.
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 09:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
My friend is planning to get this unit, so eagerly waiting to know how this issue is resolved. Pl do keep us posted once you get some response.
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 10:55   #191

Quote:
Hi

I also had the issue and was not able to connect initially. Then I tried from a different computer and it worked. Maybe you can try the same. (My first computer had a proxy, maybe that's why)
sabirsalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 11:10   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
My friend is planning to get this unit, so eagerly waiting to know how this issue is resolved. Pl do keep us posted once you get some response.
Spoke to Sugesh. He said he will send a new SD card. The one I am having boots with IGO.( the map) He said it is a trial version and the new one will boot as dynavin. Will get back once I get the new SD card.
srik0305 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2015, 21:31   #193
BHPian

A question to those who have installed this - does phone option appear in MFD ? Can you use it to dial the numbers from your phonebook ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:22   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
A question to those who have installed this - does phone option appear in MFD ? Can you use it to dial the numbers from your phonebook ?
No. Unfortunately there is no phone option in MID, unlike the RCD 510 Bosche unit with highline Bluetooth kit. This is one area where dynavin has not done much. You can just see to whom you are speaking or which song you are listening to in the MID
sabirsalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 13:47   #195
BHPian

Update: The person who purchased Dynavin HU from me and using in his Laura now passed this information that he had to take the HU to Sugesh due to some issue (screen went blank and buttons not responding, something like that). It was resolved by changing the 'child card'. As per Sugesh, cause could be some short causing power surge. Before this happened, car had a minor accident in which OPS sensors had damage. I don't have more info.

Also, 2nd year of warranty does not cover parts it seems and damage was around 8K INR for the repair.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote