Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th January 2016, 12:16   #196

Default Re: Review: Dynavin N6-VW Headunit (for VW / Skoda cars)

My first maps SDcard was replaced with an updated card by Vagtuned Bangalore, after a few days.

The previous maps was not being updated by Naviextras, but the new one got updated, with the current maps for India. It was about 700 MB download during the whole process.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 16:34   #197
BHPian

Hey guys, anyone downloaded and used the latest 1.2V of the software? I hear there is Apple Car play added.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 19:00   #198
BHPian

Yes I am using it. It works with android as well. The button for phone now activate voice and you can talk to your phone. Only disadvantage is no option for 5.30 timezone
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 12:19   #199
BHPian

Thanks, really don't care for the time zone as that is not as important. Is there a demo somewhere that we can see, in terms of how it works. Is it like ok google
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2016, 14:23   #200
BHPian

As soon you press the right knob. The voice gets activated. Right now it takes you to phone menu
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 23:34   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Yes I am using it. It works with android as well. The button for phone now activate voice and you can talk to your phone. Only disadvantage is no option for 5.30 timezone
Any idea whether Android Auto/Mirror link is added?
sabirsalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 11:31   #202
BHPian

I have installed the Dynavin N6 in my new Vento TSI. This was installed at the VW dealership and the radio stations were preset. I have since upgraded the system to Ver 1.2 and the presets have gone haywire. The station being played is Mango, but the display shows Red FM. I have also installed the station logos, but don't know whether the confusion is due to that. There are many experts in this forum, who I am sure will be able to help me

1. Do I have to reset the presets? Is it possible?
2. The GMT +5.30 is still not an option. The only way to show the correct time is to use the GPS time in NAV. Am I right?
3. Everytime you switch off the unit and the next morning, the set equaliser, bass/treble settings are gone. Any way out of this?
4. Even when the music is off, as soon as I engage the reverse, the music starts and then goes off, when the selector is put to D.

Having spent over 55K on a system, I would not expect such niggles in one, that is supposed to be designed in Germany, specifically for VW cars.
premc44 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 21:55   #203
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has installed it on a Jetta highline?A small review or a couple of pictures would be welcome! I am really getting an itch to swap my RCD 510 with this, But several people have reported several annoying bugs which i really don't want to face after spending more than 50k!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 14:24   #204

I have finally paid Rs.2000 to Mr. Sugesh & purchased Mapmy India SD card for maps.

After using Dynavin for some time now I feel it is not worth spending 55k on this. So many shortcomings

1) Time zone issues
2) Radio functions issue.
3) Presetting of the sound setting gone once you switch-off and on again.
4) On the top of it for the last one week suddenly the screen becomes blank. Come back after some time.
srik0305 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 08:52   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
I have finally paid Rs.2000 to Mr. Sugesh & purchased Mapmy India SD card for maps.

After using Dynavin for some time now I feel it is not worth spending 55k on this. So many shortcomings

1) Time zone issues
2) Radio functions issue.
3) Presetting of the sound setting gone once you switch-off and on again.
4) On the top of it for the last one week suddenly the screen becomes blank. Come back after some time.
Pretty much agree with you. Even after this much time, most of the bugs still exists. And on top of that could see a visible degradation of sound quality from the OEM system.

On a related topic, my Dynavin unit has malfunctioned. Only one speaker was working. Vagtune Bangalore has identified this as a unit defect and now needs to be couriered to Cochin :-/
sabirsalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 13:54   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone has installed it on a Jetta highline?A small review or a couple of pictures would be welcome! I am really getting an itch to swap my RCD 510 with this, But several people have reported several annoying bugs which i really don't want to face after spending more than 50k!

Why don't you install MIB-II in your Jetta. Recent Jetta comes equipped with that unit now. I know it's not available right now but you can source it from aliexpress. It's really good HU. Even I'm planning to upgrade my HU in my Vento. But I'm not sure about MIB-II in my car so I'll be swapping MIB-I(RCD-330G) with my current RCD-320.
maddyguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 20:07   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

I said it has better sound as I have actually listened to it. You are right, DACs alone don't mean better sound and that Pioneer DEH-80PRS has 3 of them. Had read a lot on this while doing my hunt for HUs. The audio quality comparison here is with Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835, Audiosources DNS 810 and RCD 510. Dynavin produces rich and full sound compared to the above lot. Just made the BB 24 bit DAC comparison with the 80PRS from Pioneer website for layman to understand that it does use quality components as in other good HUs.
Hi

I am contemplating to swap RCD 510 in my Vento to Audiosources DS-611. Since you have already used Audiosources head unit how would you compare the sound quality between RCD 510 and DNS-810. Sure your unit was different than DS-611 but I believe the sound quality of their units should be relatively same. So I need an general opinion.

Thanks.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 21:37   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Hi

I am contemplating to swap RCD 510 in my Vento to Audiosources DS-611. Since you have already used Audiosources head unit how would you compare the sound quality between RCD 510 and DNS-810. Sure your unit was different than DS-611 but I believe the sound quality of their units should be relatively same. So I need an general opinion.

Thanks.
DNS 810 was feature rich but sound quality was not great plus firmware had niggles. RCD 510 is far better both sound quality wise as well as user experience wise (no hick ups). But Audiosources keeps refining and updating their products extensively. So the current units might be much more improved. There was a recent thread with one of the members installing their newer HU right? I've been busy lately and haven't got time to go through it in detail but you might wanna check that out for the latest info.

Again, about the old DNS 810, it's not recommended for the audio quality. At least, the unit I bought back then did not sound good.

I would rate the audio quality in the below order for the HUs I used in my Yeti -
1. RNS 510 Columbus
2. Dynavin N6 VW
3. RCD 510 Bolero
4. Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835
5. Audiosources DNS 810

But currently I have Dynaudio components (3 way up front and 2 way at the rear) driven by their 10 channel premium amp actively crossed over to drive all 10 channels. Plus the micro subs and a sweet lil amp to drive them too. So it's a few notches better than number 1 in the above list right now.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 18:02   #209
BHPian

Hi

Need a info. When you had Dynavin did you try playing FLAC files? I want to know whether USB/SD can play those formats? The spec does not mention anything.

Thanks.
senthils27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2017, 01:14   #210
BHPian

Hello,

I am purchasing a used Skoda Superb, the stock speakers and amp have been upgraded to Bose speakers from a crashed Audi A6.

However, I'm really accustomed to hearing lossless files on a time aligned setup.

I'm not keen on losing the originality and integration through CANBUS, hence I'm keen on a Dynavin DVN-VW N6, which I believe is the only factory integration unit offering 24Bit DACs and T/A.

I'd also like to enquire if any member would be interested to sell their Dynavin DVN-VW N6. Please PM me.

Godspeed,
Shrivz.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote