Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th August 2006, 23:05   #151
BHPian

Yes you are right LBM!
nrajeshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 01:19   #152
BHPian

Guys,

I'm stuck up with a hard decision to choose between Alpine CDA 9856 or Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590..... Please advice on this...

Anyone know what is the pricing of the above units in India.

I found this 4 channel Amps Profile AP1040 in the crutchfield.com for $149 and also good user rating. Please advice on this...
Old 10th August 2006, 11:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

for hu make a table of the features compare them which u like it buy it

for the profile amp it is not so fine so please dont go for it there are many amp avalable locally at a decent price go for them.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 11:43   #154
BHPian

folks need your help in deciding on an HU. I only know of Pioneer but is there anything better than Pioneer in terms of :
- FM Radio Reception
- SQ
- USB plugin (Pioneer does not support this :-(
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 14:17   #155
Team-BHP Support

having not heard the JVC I cant recommend which HU to use. Havig heard Profile (some years back) I'd say there are better options.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 17:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Guys,

I'm stuck up with a hard decision to choose between Alpine CDA 9856 or Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590..... Please advice on this...

Anyone know what is the pricing of the above units in India.

I found this 4 channel Amps Profile AP1040 in the crutchfield.com for $149 and also good user rating. Please advice on this...
Alpine HU r known for their SQ but do listen to Gunbir/JB as well as they deal with all these HU day and night.[they buy rubber for night from day's earnings ]

Stay away from profile.
Buy infinty240,4-ch amp from some other online store as crutchfield may not have previous yr products.
U can also buy kenwood,JBL,pioneer,kicker with this money.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 19:31   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
...but do listen to Gunbir/JB as well as they deal with all these HU day and night.[they buy rubber for night from day's earnings]
Hehe RSJ... I will take that as a compliment...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 20:07   #158
BHPian

yes, indeed it was compliment to all of u guys for ur honesty,dedication and hard work u r putting in this business.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 20:45   #159
BHPian

Gunbir you hlp is required, is Alpine better than Pioneer in SQ ? What about FM reception ? And do Alpine sets in Indai come with B&W
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 21:12   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Gunbir you hlp is required, is Alpine better than Pioneer in SQ ? What about FM reception ? And do Alpine sets in Indai come with B&W
Generally accepted Alpine's have better SQ but this is a subjective issue & sometimes people prefer a certain type of sound produced by one brand and thus find that brand better. The Guru's can explain this in detail.

And yes Alpine is widely available with B&W.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 21:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Generally accepted Alpine's have better SQ but this is a subjective issue & sometimes people prefer a certain type of sound produced by one brand and thus find that brand better. The Guru's can explain this in detail.
Well Jinu, Ishan pretty much nailed it... just like he said, Speedzak finds the SQ of Pioneer "better" than Alpine, while Ishan finds Alpines "better"... so its all subjective...

I have found people prefer a far more trebly sound than I like, but theres no crime in that... That said, Navinji is right when he says you need to look at the system as a whole. As it stands today, a bright sounding speaker may become really shiny with the recent Alpines, but a dullish, warm speaker may work well with the same Alpine.

You can do well with Alpine, just that for a small budget, an alpine HU would be approx 40-50% of your budget. I dont agree with that ratio. You may be better off with a cheaper Kenwood, and allocate some of the money saved towards your speakers and amp.

Last edited by gunbir : 10th August 2006 at 21:45.
Old 10th August 2006, 21:48   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
this is a subjective issue & sometimes people prefer a certain type of sound produced by one brand and thus find that brand better.
I would say this is the only diff which a human ear can distinguish if there is any differnce one cannot find with a bare ear only......also the speakers and amp if used will also +ive and -ive effects on the over all sound.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2006, 01:01   #163
BHPian

Why most guys go for Component speaker on the front & co axial speakers on the rear...
Can i have the same components compoenent for front & rear..

How good are these Polk Audio db6500 component speakers?? I can get a pair of these for $300

or

Polk Audio db6500 component speakers for the front and Polk Audio db 650 co axial speaker for the rear..

Last edited by nrajeshkumar : 11th August 2006 at 01:02.
Old 11th August 2006, 01:10   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Why most guys go for Component speaker on the front & co axial speakers on the rear...

How good are these Polk Audio db6500 component speakers?? I can get a pair of these for $300

or

Polk Audio db6500 component speakers for the front and Polk Audio db 650 co axial speaker for the rear..
NRajesh, yes you can have components in the rear also. But as they are not that effective (for imaging etc) there, we would rather you used matching coaxials in the rear and use the saved money for a better amp.
Old 11th August 2006, 01:21   #165
BHPian

Thanks Gunbir! How are the Polk DB speakers performance when compared to Infinity kapa & JBL GTO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
NRajesh, yes you can have components in the rear also. But as they are not that effective (for imaging etc) there, we would rather you used matching coaxials in the rear and use the saved money for a better amp.