Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2006, 18:07   #226
BANNED

Jinu!!! You should also read the sticky in this forum which explains beautifully why thich wires are needed in car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ick-wires.html

And thicker stuff is always better loved than thinner ones! Is'nt it?
Old 18th August 2006, 18:14   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Jinu!!! You should also read the sticky in this forum which explains beautifully why thich wires are needed in car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ick-wires.html

And thicker stuff is always better loved than thinner ones! Is'nt it?
zak i agree thick wires are required... but that does not mean paying 5-6k for thick wires when wires of the same thickness can be obtained for 1k or less
Old 18th August 2006, 18:16   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
zak i agree thick wires are required... but that does not mean paying 5-6k for thick wires when wires of the same thickness can be obtained for 1k
yes the stuff ur going to install will be good with thick wires which u can buy from any good wire shop but do use the thimble to connect it to the terminating ends.....

like this.....it is a pin type thimble you can get ring type fork type to fit for the suitable position....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 18th August 2006 at 18:27.
Old 18th August 2006, 20:31   #229
BHPian

There are some good Kenwood system which have USB input like Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
thanks guys. I was looking at Blau because it has USB input, but now i think i will stick to Pio.
Old 18th August 2006, 20:56   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
If you are using a Sony speaker retailing under 5k, you wont hear any difference if you substituted a Rs.50/m cable with one that costs Rs. 5000/m. However this does not mean that you can buy Rs. 0.5/m cable.
Exactly, thats why I had mentioned "any decent copper wire"

Quote:
I would never completely oppose the use of OFC cable and dismiss it as a frill. This is because, since resistance if the key for a good cable, we dont want the wire to oxidise and thus lose conductivity.
I think if the wire oxidises easily then it does not belong to my definition of "decent", it rather belong to "Rs. 0.5/m" category or the green wire shown on Russel's web page I think good, air-tight insulation should help (?)

Quote:
The same applies to terminations. When connecting the wire to a ring/ spade or banana terminal, ensure that the connection is air-tight. So put enough solder to completely seal off the strands of wire from the outside, and then to make it doubly safe, use a heat-shrink sleeve. This prevents atmospheric oxygen from coming in contact with the copper.
That provides a couple of tips which I had asked for, thanks! ... by the way what exactly is "heat-shrink sleeve"? is it readily availble in shops?

Quote:
Gold plating is not most necessary, one can use terminals with some other corrosion resistant plating also, for instance nickel. The idea here is the same too. So that oxygen is not permeable to the copper/ brass underneath, retaining conductivity at the same time.
I agree... and I think this is what we get with all "decent" audio/video equipments, right?

Quote:
The only problem with not using gold is that it won't appeal to your wife.
or she will feel really jealous..... about the kind of attention our car commands!
Old 18th August 2006, 21:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
There are some good Kenwood system which have USB input like Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590
I wish Pio had given an USB port, even at the cost of i-pod compatibility.... but then how would they promote their i-pod adapter!?
Old 18th August 2006, 23:29   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
That provides a couple of tips which I had asked for, thanks! ... by the way what exactly is "heat-shrink sleeve"? is it readily availble in shops?
It's very commonly available in Bombay in electronic hardware kinda shops, I don't know where you'd get them in Banagalore though. It's available in the form of long, continuous, black rubber-like tubes of varying diameter (choose depending on the diameter of the cable you want to apply it to), that you can cut and use in desired lengths.
Old 18th August 2006, 23:38   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
For exact prices, PM Gunbir. (BTW, he's in middle of a river somewhere in MANALI)
Zak, right on...

Old 18th August 2006, 23:45   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
It's available in the form of long, continuous, black rubber-like tubes of varying diameter...
Dude that describes more than just heat shrink tubes... hehehe

Anyways, here's a pic for what B&T just described... cuz I know the way you guys think

Old 19th August 2006, 01:29   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Zak, right on...
Gosh Gunbir... that river sure looks scared!

Old 19th August 2006, 01:45   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
I think if the wire oxidises easily then it does not belong to my definition of "decent", it rather belong to "Rs. 0.5/m" category
I don't see what you mean by 'if the wire oxidises easily'. If the resistance of the 2 wires of the same gauge is exactly equal, it means that the grade of copper used is the same. There is no other variable factor there, unless it's external. So if it's the same grade of copper, one has the same vulnerability to oxidation as the other. So that still falls in the 'decent' category. And if it doesn't, it falls in the OFC category. What say? And from your earlier definition, a wire is a wire is a wire as long as the resistivity of the copper is the same, so if you have OFC wire with the same resistivity the 'decent' wire, isn't that better wire with same resistance to current? Money well spent? No?
Old 19th August 2006, 03:04   #237
BHPian

Cheers dude!! Where is this place ........By the way i thought of asking you where is this place manali ??

Quote:
Zak, right on...

Old 19th August 2006, 15:12   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, here's a pic for what B&T just described... cuz I know the way you guys think
.....more so with that bottle in L hand ....cheers......

and looking at ur snap,i also got the answer when i asked that have u done somehting to yrself......u got it na?

Do try to go Rohtang pass,though final location is not that appealing but journey is breathtaking......
Old 19th August 2006, 15:35   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
.....more so with that bottle in L hand ....cheers......
Cheers bro.

Quote:
and looking at ur snap,i also got the answer when i asked that have u done somehting to yrself......u got it na?
Hehe I did. When I'm on vacation I tend to let my hair down. Literally.

Quote:
Do try to go Rohtang pass,though final location is not that appealing but journey is breathtaking......
Been there, done that.. though not this time. Next time we intend to ride to Leh Ladakh.
Old 19th August 2006, 16:59   #240
BANNED

Ohhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! Goodness!

Gunbir is back! And in what style???? My god!

BTW, I've got company in hair style and beard style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks