Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2006, 10:44   #316
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Get a good co-ax or compos for frnt. 4-7k
get a 4 channel amp and power all. 4-6k
rca .75k

Your HU has two preamp outs.

emm, maybe a 4 channel, but , just powering frnt OR rear + sub in bridged mode.

Sub in IB setup is cheap.

Last edited by jkdas : 11th September 2006 at 10:50.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:24   #317
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
[left]...right now I have A pair of Alpine 6 *9 co-axials (50 rms), a pair of Alpine tweeter ...
So you have a pair of 6x9 in the rear and a pair fo tweeters (nothing else) up front. any idea on the model numbers.

Ok..

a) get some nice components upfront. budget 6K for Alpine Type R or JBL GTO
b) move those tweeters to the rear (we'll get to this later).
c) get a Sony 554 amp Budget 5K
d) get a Pio 306C i a box Budgte 4K.
e) get 2 pairs of Monster interlink Jr. Budget 2.5K
---------------------------------------------
Total about 20K incl. installation and labour should see you with a very acceptable system based on the Alpine HU.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 12:59   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
So you have a pair of 6x9 in the rear and a pair fo tweeters (nothing else) up front. any idea on the model numbers.

---------------------------------------------
Total about 20K incl. installation and labour should see you with a very acceptable system based on the Alpine HU.
A L P I N E SPS-690A



A L P I N E SPS-1005



I dont want to spend more than 12 K on the set up coz this itself had cost me 13000 and I want to limit the total cost to 25K . I listen to Country / Light rock / Pop /Reggae / Trance (not frequently)

Last edited by maxbhp : 11th September 2006 at 13:00.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 13:24   #319
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
So you have a pair of 6x9 in the rear and a pair fo tweeters (nothing else) up front. any idea on the model numbers.

Ok..

a) get some nice components upfront. budget 6K for Alpine Type R or JBL GTO
b) move those tweeters to the rear (we'll get to this later).
c) get a Sony 554 amp Budget 5K
d) get a Pio 306C i a box Budgte 4K.
e) get 2 pairs of Monster interlink Jr. Budget 2.5K
---------------------------------------------
Total about 20K incl. installation and labour should see you with a very acceptable system based on the Alpine HU.
navin, connection audison rca would cost just 1.5k for two and I would recommend it.

why not that jbl cs60.2 at 6k or so? and if he can save 3-4k if he get co-ax and if one's on a tight budget.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 13:52   #320
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
I dont want to spend more than 12 K on the set up coz this itself had cost me 13000 and I want to limit the total cost to 25K . I listen to Country / Light rock / Pop /Reggae / Trance (not frequently)
You cant afford good front speakers as well as a sub for 12K.

Since you have the Alpine SPS 690A in the rear consider Alpines for the front. To save cost can get a pair of Coax Alpine SPS 17 for the front and supplement the HF with the 1005 tweeters. The Alpines should cost you about 4K.

Drive the front speakers with a JBL 60.2 amp which runs about 6K.

JK says the Audisson are only Rs 750 per pair. you will need only one pair.

4K+6K+1.5K=11.5K. Does this work?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 14:52   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
You cant afford good front speakers as well as a sub for 12K.

Since you have the Alpine SPS 690A in the rear consider Alpines for the front. To save cost can get a pair of Coax Alpine SPS 17 for the front and supplement the HF with the 1005 tweeters. The Alpines should cost you about 4K.

Drive the front speakers with a JBL 60.2 amp which runs about 6K.

JK says the Audisson are only Rs 750 per pair. you will need only one pair.

4K+6K+1.5K=11.5K. Does this work?
can I drive two components( Alpine SPS 17 ) + sub using a 4 channel amp ? coz a used sub over here wont cost much

Alpine SPS = 4K
4 Channel Amp = 5 K
RCA = 1500 ?
Used sub = 2000 ?
Is it recommendable ? And If I do it , can u jus throw somelight on its pros /cons ?
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 15:05   #322
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

What about getting a 4channel amp, 5.25 components and Pioneer Sub in sealed box?
4channel amp = 4.5K
5.25" compos = 4.5k
Sub = 3k
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 15:12   #323
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
can I drive two components( Alpine SPS 17 ) + sub using a 4 channel amp ? coz a used sub over here wont cost much

Alpine SPS = 4K
4 Channel Amp = 5 K
RCA = 1500 ?
Used sub = 2000 ?
Is it recommendable ? And If I do it , can u jus throw somelight on its pros /cons ?
those are c0-ax right?

yes you can run a pair of co-ax/compo + a sub.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 17:14   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
those are c0-ax right?

yes you can run a pair of co-ax/compo + a sub.
IS there any amp where /i can individually control each channels , and one more thing JK....How do you suggest I connect it from HU ?
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2006, 21:07   #325
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
IS there any amp where /i can individually control each channels , and one more thing JK....How do you suggest I connect it from HU ?
simple yaar, 4 channel amp should haev 2 seperate gain control and filter switch.

get 2 rca and get 4 channel amp.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 11:11   #326
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
simple yaar, 4 channel amp should haev 2 seperate gain control and filter switch.

get 2 rca and get 4 channel amp.
some 4 ch. amps have 4 gain controls. one for each channel.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 02:22   #327
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Planning on a new audio system for my swift VXi just delievered... Window shopped a few installers & i came across for a budget of 12k - 15k max.
1) HU > Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
2) Front > JBL GTO637 - 6 1/2" co-axials on front door
3) Rear > JBL GTO937 - 6" x 9" co-axials - 100 RMS
or
> Boston Acoustics - 6" x 9" co-axials - 140 RMS

I need suggestions from BHP gurus regarding the above config!!!

i was also suggested some other ones like Kicker, MT, and so on...
U need to also understand my budget, as i would progreessing to upgrade later... Need suggestions really soon...
nura666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 07:05   #328
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura666
Planning on a new audio system for my swift VXi just delievered... Window shopped a few installers & i came across for a budget of 12k - 15k max.
1) HU > Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
2) Front > JBL GTO637 - 6 1/2" co-axials on front door
3) Rear > JBL GTO937 - 6" x 9" co-axials - 100 RMS
or
> Boston Acoustics - 6" x 9" co-axials - 140 RMS

I need suggestions from BHP gurus regarding the above config!!!

i was also suggested some other ones like Kicker, MT, and so on...
U need to also understand my budget, as i would progreessing to upgrade later... Need suggestions really soon...
What would be teh upgrade be? Amp? Sub? Better HU?

Pioneer 5XXX (or 6XXX) series would be a better buy if you wnna add a 4 channel amp and a sub later.

If you are gonna get a sub later, dont buy the 6x9. Moreover for 6x9 you need a MDF tray at rear. If you use 6inch co-ax for rear, you will save money and get a neat install.

Check this in btw
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html (basic ICE - systems at various budgets -10K, 15K, 20K, 25K & 30K)
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2006, 11:24   #329
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura666
Planning on a new audio system for my swift VXi just delievered... Window shopped a few installers & i came across for a budget of 12k - 15k max.
1) HU > Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
2) Front > JBL GTO637 - 6 1/2" co-axials on front door
3) Rear > JBL GTO937 - 6" x 9" co-axials - 100 RMS
or
> Boston Acoustics - 6" x 9" co-axials - 140 RMS

I need suggestions from BHP gurus regarding the above config!!!

i was also suggested some other ones like Kicker, MT, and so on...
U need to also understand my budget, as i would progreessing to upgrade later... Need suggestions really soon...
If I ahd only 12-15K and was looking to upgrade later i'd spend 9-10K on a HU with 3 preouts and 4-6K on a pair of 6" coax or components (depending on how you want to install the tweeters) for the front. add amp(s), rears and sub(s) later.

Last edited by navin : 14th September 2006 at 11:26.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 00:22   #330
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well i need a bit of a boom setup too, thats why i thought of a co-axials in the rear to start with instead of 6 1/2" in the rear door. boston / jbl should do a good job for atleast 3-4 months before i can upgrade to amps & subs. This suggested setup would be around 13k including the MDF tray and installation.

My incremental upgrade could be something like: -
>> 3 months later - Add component in the front door later and move the then front door's 6 1/2" into the rear door. i might need an amp for this.

>> 6 months later - Put a sub in the boot & install another amp to drive them.

What do you think jk??? But for this upgrade competely i would need to wait for maybe 6 months atleast due to budget constrains. So the initial setup stays till i reach this.

I'm not really sure of this audigy, cause i'm a newbie in car audio tech. So guide me gurus... awaiting reply soon cause i need to finalize my initial setup towards a journey to blast...
nura666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Suggestion with my Old Audio System into new car mezereo In-Car Entertainment 4 29th March 2008 01:49
BlueTooth Car Audio System + Security System venky6009 In-Car Entertainment 1 2nd November 2007 04:45
suggestion for octi - car audio ibe In-Car Entertainment 6 18th July 2005 10:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks