Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th September 2006, 09:59   #331
BHPian

nura,u can wait atleast for 3 months so that u have enough money for decent set-up.You would need atleast 15k after 3 months and another 8-10k after 6 months.

or do consider navin's advice as for later upgradtion u need to have HU with atleast 2-3 preouts o/w u may have to change ur HU later which will not fit in ur scheme of things.

Within this budget,do consider above mentioned HU and good components for upfront as of now.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 10:13   #332
Team-BHP Support

Electronics has very poor resale value so it makes sense to buy stuff you are not going to throw away to upgrade.

What a car really needs as a basic sytem is a good HU and a pair of cox speakers upfront. Since you already have a pair of 690A for the rear (and a bit of bass) spend your money on a HU and front speakers. Subs and amps etc... can added later.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 11:18   #333
BHPian

oops...how come it got double posted,that too after more than an hour!!!

Last edited by rsjaurr : 15th September 2006 at 11:25.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 21:57   #334

Then I think i will go for a better HU... Pioneer 680, 580 & 480 seems to very similar most features & has 3 pre-outs... wat do u think is best for me & why?

Co-axials in the front... JBL be perfect for this?

Any other suggestions... please mention the model name & no. too of these please as it makes it clearer to ask the installer what i want him to put?
nura666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 01:10   #335
BANNED

Most of the Pios look different but the features will be similar. In your case, I'll say: 6850.
And upgrade is the better path in car audio. Even if you're running unsatisfied with an incomplete setup, you can always wish and dream for the ultimate complete thing.
Make sure you buy only those stuff which you wont be throwing away in your next upgrade. That's a big reason to avoid ovals.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 08:59   #336
Senior - BHPian

------------------------OT------------------------

Speedzak, I guess once you start on your ICE, there is no stopping. You may be *completely satisfied* with your ICE install for maybe a month. After that, you start thinking of an upgrade. 3 months later, you're shopping for upgrade/replacement components. 5 months later you're grinning at the sound of your new install. 6 months after that... the cycle continues. I don't seriously think there will ever be a completely done setup for anyone of us. The only limiting factor will be the bank account. Or if you are married, your wife (I'm not hitched yet, so that is not yet a factor for me.)

So, what I'm coming to is that a slow step-by-step upgrade will be what keeps us folks (somewhat) happy for a longer period of time. Unless of course, you have too much money lying unused in your bank account.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 12:46   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
Unless of course, you have too much money lying unused in your bank account.
HE HAS .... HE HAS!!
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 16:22   #338
BANNED

I agree with you completely Hydrashok! And that's why I said that.

A complete install will be soon considers as incomplete soon. So, if a person has a small budget for the time being, then instead of spending that on an inferior complete setup, he should rather aim for the highest and start with whatever is possible now. Even if that incomplete setup is unsatisfying, one can always be in the joy of the ultimate complete setup coming his way!!
Old 16th September 2006, 18:42   #339

Yea i think i am finalized in getting a pioneer 6850 is around 9.5k
The components in the front itself is gonna take 6k.
Rear 6x9 co-axials is gonna take another 5K.
Total around 22k with wiring & MDF board... bargain for finally to about 20K i hope.

I can cut the co-axials in the rear to put it back in my budget of 15k.
Now the question whether i should do that or wait for another 6 months to put in the amps & subs.
Oohh 6 months is a long wait ... should I or not ???
Or just go another 5K now and forget about the subs & amps for some time, till i feel incomplete and then add them.

Wat do u say guys??? stuck in between temptation & budget... wat to do?
Old 16th September 2006, 19:56   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

6850 is a nice HU. Get compos for sure and co-ax at rear.
If you WOULD get a sub later, get the 6inch c0-ax for the rear door and dump that MDF idea.

Take time 2 built up you ICE. Thsi was you save money to get good amp and sub instead of buying a basic product.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2006, 21:13   #341
BANNED

If you avoid the ovals, you can save on the parcel tray too. That too will also be redundant when the sub and amp comes in.
My opinion is to go in for a 6.5" for the rear now. Without the HPF on it'll give some bass too.
Old 18th September 2006, 00:15   #342

ok that is final then. pioneer 6850, components in front door, co-axals in rear door... everything is fine for startup setup. thankz guys.

Another small thing - when i put in the subs and amps in the boot, would i be able to keep any luggage at all on top of it. Swift has a small boot in the first place and subs would take most of the floor of the boot. Can i keep a luggage on these sub's box if needed? This would happen only if i hav to travel really long distance and is filled with people.. and it could happen only once in a blue-moon too. I asking this for just-in-case situation...
Old 18th September 2006, 12:48   #343

Well i was talking about subs - box type... but i believe sub can be installed in the boot using an MDF tray too.. so that could solve the boot problem but which one???
For me its 95% city driving with short weekend getaways. Anyway i wouldn't upgrading to sub & amps now but just for information sake...
Sub in the Box or Sub on the Tray ???
The con for box version is compromising on boot space is all i know, is there anything else???

Well still waiting for speaker suggestion from gururs for my initial setup of front components & rear co-ax. Need for clarity in front & boom at the back kind of speakers, and i need to finalize them soon.

Please let me know wat u guys suggest as lot of brands sounds good, not really able to finalize... Waiting reply soon...
Old 18th September 2006, 16:13   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura666
ok that is final then. pioneer 6850, components in front door, co-axals in rear door... everything is fine for startup setup. thankz guys.

Another small thing -
Quote:
when i put in the subs and amps in the boot, would i be able to keep any luggage at all on top of it.
Swift has a small boot in the first place and subs would take most of the floor of the boot. Can i keep a luggage on these sub's box if needed? This would happen only if i hav to travel really long distance and is filled with people.. and it could happen only once in a blue-moon too. I asking this for just-in-case situation...
luggage on the sub ???? surely not, unless you want a super sub effect with your luggage dancing on it until the sub gives way finally.

no, nura, it does not work that way. you will have to disconnect the sub & keep it at home & then pack your car with the luggage. just make sure that the installer fixes it that way (Removable). My guy did not provide me with that, iam getting it done now.
cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 22:04   #345
BHPian

hey dude u want sound system in kick panels but for adjusting components in kick panels u need a active cross over .other wise it would not be worth .second instead of putting components just put midbass in the factory original location .and give sufficent power for mid bass . u will love the sound ..make sure u add tweeters on dash with cross over . u will love the sound
rohan1091 is offline   Reply With Quote