Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th August 2006, 01:11   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
but now i have nearly 400k worth of equipment in my car and still not satisfied.....
wow 400k! LBT Lately my math is a little weak, care to elaborate on your setup and individual pricing of equipment...
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 01:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

i think u can do it ur self u know what stuff is installed in my car and u know with what value it is available in india......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 01:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think u can do it ur self u know what stuff is installed in my car and u know with what value it is available in india......
Well like I said, lately my math is a little off, in my head it doesnt quite add up, hence I asked you my friend...
Old 7th August 2006, 01:24   #109
Senior - BHPian

sorry veer i am quite busy these days u will have to do it urself or u will have to take help of ur friends.....lol
Old 7th August 2006, 01:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry veer i am quite busy these days u will have to do it urself or u will have to take help of ur friends.....lol
LOL... not all of us need to take our 'friends' help to know when someone is avoiding a simple answer to a simple question... If so, let it be, no need to answer, I just wanted to confirm as much...

Last edited by gunbir : 7th August 2006 at 01:35.
Old 7th August 2006, 01:37   #111
Senior - BHPian

oh SORRY, my ICE instal cost is 40k it was typo , sorry for the inconvience veer...as most of the stuff i have was gifted to me......lol
Old 7th August 2006, 01:44   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh SORRY, my ICE instal cost is 40k it was typo , sorry for the inconvience veer...as most of the stuff i have was gifted to me......lol
Hehehe... well you must have generous friends... anyways, you mentioned what your system was worth, and that remains same even if it was gifted to you...

But since you are not willing to give a straight answer.. Oops, rather you're too 'busy', let it be...
Old 7th August 2006, 02:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
LBT.. I intend to.. but I need to get my demo list also finalized.. Currently these are on my to be heard and then decided list:

1. Difference between Infinity Kappa and JBL GTO comps.. Is it really worth twice the price.
2. Difference between Amp and Sub as separate units versus Infinifty Basslink II.
3. With replace 2 way coax with 3 way Coax powered by an amp and see if the sub can be avoided completely.
Jinu, just to add my .02c worth

Yes, to my ears the Kappas are worth the extra money. But you most understand that in hifi, as with others, law of diminishing returns applies. Example: You can buy a 9sec 0-100kmph capable Corolla for 9-10 lakhs but to buy a 3sec 0-100kmph capable Porsche 911, you need to spend ten times of that. To some, those 6 seconds are worth the extra money, to some, 9sec is fast enough... People in the latter category dont care much for those 6sec but for the former, it is everything. So while we can tell you there IS a good difference between the two speakers, the difference my or may not be worth the extra money to YOU. Eventually, only the demo will help you decide.

As for the sub, I think you can save money AND get better sound with an amp+sub combination over an active sub.

The 2way/3way coax is irrelevant to sub-bass. If you want sub bass you require a sub.

Last edited by gunbir : 7th August 2006 at 02:05.
Old 7th August 2006, 14:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
jinu sahib i would say that first listen to the stuff which ur going to install in ur car. secondly the basslink II is having a 250 watts rms amp for the sub. and the sub is 10 inch square and with passive radiator on the other side. this setup would not be loud enough to please u when compared with a separate amp and sub combination....so do listen before going in this setup also compare the cost also.....
LBM.. you are right the Basslink II is only 250W, but if you look at the amps like GTO 301.1, though they are rated for 300W, the rating is for a 2 Ohm Speaker. For a 4 Ohm speaker its around 200W only. From the website i notice that most of the subs are 4 Ohm. So shouldnt the Basslink II perform better than say a GTO 301.1 and GTO 1204 Sub ???
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 17:32   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hehehe... well you must have generous friends... anyways, you mentioned what your system was worth, and that remains same even if it was gifted to you...

But since you are not willing to give a straight answer.. Oops, rather you're too 'busy', let it be...
Wow, you guys sure love each other.

My eyes always well up at such delicate moments. God Bless You!

Any plans to go the Elton/ David way?

Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 17:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Shame B&T - don't think we're gonna forget that he is your spouse.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 20:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Wow, you guys sure love each other.
My eyes always well up at such delicate moments. God Bless You!
Any plans to go the Elton/ David way?
Heheheh B&T sorry... I wouldnt want to come between you two... no need to be jealous man...
Old 7th August 2006, 21:08   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Gunbir, I had better umeeds from you man. Think of their childen, the sweet little_trouble_makkers, playing with all of LBM's old components and blown up fuses.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 21:14   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Gunbir, I had better umeeds from you man. Think of their childen, the sweet little_trouble_makkers, playing with all of LBM's old components and blown up fuses.
Yeah man, I can imagine them running around with little DMMs in their hands...
Old 7th August 2006, 21:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

u people are makin fun of me. ok where there is a fight , love only develops there only....anyways the old fuses i dont know where they are and the componets are to be posted on the market place soon.......when i will get time.....lol

B&T wru u people are gettin after me again.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 7th August 2006 at 21:23.