Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th August 2006, 21:35   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
B&T wru u people are gettin after me again.....
Sam, we should stop "getting after him again" or he's gonna call his husband
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 21:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

where are u my partner this theard is going out of course to hindi movie scene.....where villan have gather around the hero and the hero is waiting for his partner to return with a DMM and a Camera to calculate and see that the BB are changing voltages or not and record them.........lol
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 23:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
where are u my partner this theard is going out of course to hindi movie scene.....where villan have gather around the hero and the hero is waiting for his partner to return with a DMM and a Camera to calculate and see that the BB are changing voltages or not and record them.........lol
Uh, did you ever notice that in Hindi movies, the good looking bloke returning to save his paramour from distress, usually has far better incentives to do that than what I see for me here? Did you notice? I somehow did. That's why I restrict my exchanges with certain individuals to forums alone.

And Sam and Gunbir are the types that throw around people and measure the distance..all this so that someone gets a better understanding of audio principles!?! Compared to me, where in blood tests, the reports usually would read to have found traces of blood in my alcohol stream! You think I could take out even one of them?

The odds seem like one in a million, but if you were to believe Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber .. "That means, I still have a chance!!". Unfortunately though, that's not a chance I want to take!

Maybe you can hang in there a while. After they take turns at violating you turn by turn, and sometimes together, and sometimes with a few invitees (I see Tool and kb100 rubbing their palms in sheer glee) for a few days, the cops (lead by Iftikhar sahab) might just turn up!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 23:44   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
And Sam and Gunbir are the types that throw around people and measure the distance..!
I thought they sat on them. Not that the result is any different.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 23:44   #125
Senior - BHPian

this is well perfect answer " keep ur distance "

If any one of them sat on anybody his life will be .................................................. .............................

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 7th August 2006 at 23:49.
Old 8th August 2006, 00:38   #126
Senior - BHPian

Ayyo... Amooo... Myera naama kayku laata jee BEE-ani-TEE ... ami kya kiya??
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 00:42   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Ayyo... Amooo... Myera naama kayku laata jee BEE-ani-TEE ... ami kya kiya??
Arrey nothing yaar, B&T thinks you are having an affair with LBM

Last edited by gunbir : 8th August 2006 at 00:44.
Old 8th August 2006, 00:53   #128
Senior - BHPian

yaar logo bus it is enough and lets get back to the topic else every body will run aways from this side of the forum......navin Ji please bring back peace to the world of ICE...........
Old 8th August 2006, 09:00   #129
BHPian

Whatz going on guys Ok let me try to change the topic. I want to know how are Eclipse HU's performance. Did anyone heared the sound effects from Eclipse. Im checking out for Eclipse CD4000

JVC Dvd player are found to be very cheaper JVC KD-DV6200 Chanceless features for the price. Really bit tempting. But i'm not sure abt the performance of these HU's

Thanks!

Last edited by nrajeshkumar : 8th August 2006 at 09:16.
nrajeshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 09:22   #130
Team-BHP Support

Jinu, dont wory about kick panels they make more sense in larger (American) cars.

Get a Sony HU as it has a USB port.
Add a Pio 6100 amp for 7K and a Sony 502/552 amp for 5K
Add a pair of 5" components @6K (might require minor mods to the front grill) in the front and a pair of 6" coax @4K in the rear from Alpine or JBL
Add a JBL Boxed sub about 8K
connect 6100 to front and rear and bridge 502/552 to drive boxed sub or use the 6100 for the front and sub and use the 502/554 for the rear.

There are other options, this is jsut something I would start with ahd then compare other components.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 09:24   #131
BHPian

Folks need some more help.. Need your advice on an HU that has the following:
1. Excellent FM Reception
2. Very good SQ
3. 3 pre-out for the amp
4. MP3 play capability

Also one more question, the car dealer is giving me a Audio player with 2 speakers, I told him that I dont want it so he reduced the price of the car by 10k. Any idea if the ICE installer would give me a better deal for the exchange rather than give it to the Car dealer.

Regards
Jinu
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 09:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Jinu, dont wory about kick panels they make more sense in larger (American) cars.

Get a Sony HU as it has a USB port.
Add a Pio 6100 amp for 7K and a Sony 502/552 amp for 5K
Add a pair of 5" components @6K (might require minor mods to the front grill) in the front and a pair of 6" coax @4K in the rear from Alpine or JBL
Add a JBL Boxed sub about 8K
connect 6100 to front and rear and bridge 502/552 to drive boxed sub or use the 6100 for the front and sub and use the 502/554 for the rear.

There are other options, this is jsut something I would start with ahd then compare other components.
Hi Navin thanks.. I did not know that Sony had a USB plugin.. that would help. Could you suggest some good models (it must have good FMS reception, SQ and 3 pre outs for the amp) Regarding the speakers this is what i am planning is one of the following combination:

1. Infinity Kappa KAPPA60.7CS - Component - 14k
2. Infinity Kappa KAPPA693.7I - Coax
3. Infinity BassLink II 250W
4. JBL GTO75.4 - 520 Watt 4-Channel Power Amplifier - 14000

OR

1. JBL GTO607C - 160mm (6-1/2") 2-way component system - 6500
2. JBL GTO637 - 6-1/2" 3-Way Loudspeaker - 4000
3. Infinity BassLink II 250W
4. JBL GTO75.4 - 520 Watt 4-Channel Power Amplifier - 14000

I am still trying to get pricing details on the some of the stuff as you can see. I have decided to compromise on all possible accessories to fund my ICE project. Next weekend plan to visit some installers for demos of the above.
jinu_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 10:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Whatz going on guys Ok let me try to change the topic. I want to know how are Eclipse HU's performance. Did anyone heared the sound effects from Eclipse. Im checking out for Eclipse CD4000
Nrajesh

I would steer you clear of the Eclipse at this time... Eclipse quality has gone down a bit and this year there have been complaints. Moreover, for a $350 HU, the SN Ratio isnt too great... for $350 I would suggest you the

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vraRbFM...0&I=113KDCX790

which has better SQ, better parts, and if you look hard, you may find the equivalent model in India for as much with B&W.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:46   #134
BHPian

hii all

i am planing to upgrade my ikon's rear speakers to either JBL or INFINITY. the models under considerations are

JBL- 6*9 GTO937

or

Infinity

KAPPA693.71 or REF 9313I.

No kappa series are costly and i am trying to finalise on either JBL or REF series

Both I am getting From Dubai where my friend is working in with a company handling both INFINITY and JBL

I have never experienced an Infinity ICE system but i am not happy with the clarity of JBL. Considering this please suggest me what i should go for? Is there much difference in KAPP series that i have to pay two times of REF series????
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2006, 10:51   #135
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh the above kenwood hu is nice sound one i havent heard it but it looks good from the specs...

jvc head unit are a little bad sounding i have seen some jvc hu they sound dont right.......

eclipse no knowledge......is it avalable with B&W or grey......

also why dont u go like other people in this forum .... Pioneer has some nice model but u will not get usb input in these.......