Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd August 2006, 12:31   #16
BANNED

I would suggest you better avoid the new Alpine HUs or listen to it before you make a decision. Newer Pioneers sound very good to my ears, so listening to different HUs and choose.
But Sande man! What's happening with your install?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 13:25   #17

Thanks for the advice Navin! That kinda sorts my dilemna out. I would go out and have a look at the options. I was hoping to check out some places this weekend but I am new to hyderabad and do not know about the installers around here. Does anyone know about installers in hyderabad I could go to?
sandekumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:06   #18

speedzak! I will be going out and looking at options this weekend..Will keep u guys posted on the progress!
Old 28th August 2006, 14:13   #19

Default ICEing done

Hi Guys,
I have completed instal of my "minimal" ICE system in my ALTO.
Here is what I did:
HU : Pioneer DEH - 4850MP
Rear Speakers : Pioneer yellow cone TS-D691R 6x9 coaxial
Front : JBL CS Series 4"
It cost be 18,000 including install.

Before got this install, I tested the similar priced Blau, Sony and Pioneer (< Rs 9000) HU against Fusion, JBL and Pio coxial speakers with a Ministry of Sound 2006 CD and observed :
1. Blau gave a very flat output. The richness of the instrumentation was missing.
2. Sony and Pioneer were comparable with Pioneer a tad better.
Among the speakers, Pioneer was the most convincing giving appropriate emphasis on an all ends of the sound spectrum.
THe JBL 4" was the best among the options.
Now post install, my observation is that:
1. On the front JBL 4", music in the lower end like (< 250 Hz) causes lot of distortion. I know components would be an ideal solution for this. But I did not have enuf money to go that route.
2. Since the 6x9 PIO in the rear handles this much better, I have now set FIE on the system on and set the frequency cut off to 250 Hz.Hence all sub 250 Hz go to the rear speaker and the rest on the front. So now the front speakers behave and I have a nice front sound stage but I feel I am not utilizing the rear POI appropriately.
Is there some way where I can cut off low frequencies just on the front speakers and make it just get the higher frequencies and let rear PO do all frequencies?
I now know tat I could have just taken the JBL front speakers and had a sub woofer at the rear and used the HU with FIE on.
But I am afraid its too late and I need to make the best of what I have Any suggestions?
Also is there any best practices to improve the performance of the PIO coxials at high bass?
I will post the pictures of my install later.
I did my setup at PitStop in Somajiguda in Hyderabad. There is a very pleasant chap called Harsha. I recommend these guys as they are very patient, courteous and seem genuine.
Old 28th August 2006, 16:06   #20
BANNED

As you've got a 4" in the front, there is'nt much to be done to feed them with low frequenzies. And you cant cut off the lower frequenzies by turning HPF because it'll cut off the lower frequenzies from the rear too.

Get a Sub and a 2channel amp. Bridge it and power the sub. Let it handle all the lower frequenzies. And cut off the lower frequenzies from the speakers. This way, your system will sound more clean. But again, you'll not be utilising the PIO 6X9s fully. That's why we always recommend to avoid 6X9s and go for 6.5" co-axials. Now that you already have them, it's upto you to decide whether you want to cut it off and play it clearly or let it distort like anything.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote