Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th August 2007, 13:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmusiclover View Post
(1) If I were to change the speakers, should I change ALL the four? I don't understand why sam said that I should change the front speakers.
(2) Does having an amp and speakers (including Sub) from the same brand make a better setup than the one with different brands?
(3) How does Blaupunkt as a brand compare with JBL and others as a whole (quality, reliability, price-worthiness)?
(4) I see Blaupunkt setting up a chain of distributors/dealers across the country (including Pune where I live). I don't see such easy access for other brands. From this point of view is Blaupunkt a better option to go for?
1. if you are on a budget only change the front speakers. if the budget permits you to change all 4 then by all means do so.

2. not nessacarily. you can use a Pio amp to drive a JBL sub etc... it makes sense to get the best amp and best sub you can afford regardless of brand.

3. Blau makes HUs JBL does not. Both are reliable, both have good A.S.S, and both are good VFM.

4. Blaupunkt has an advantage in that it is managed by Mico Bosch in India.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 17:25   #17

Thank you Navin! After going through many posts on Team-BHP, I narrowed down on the following config -

HU - Alpine CDE9845 (OE)
4 ch Amp - JBL CS60.4
Mono Sub Amp - JBL GTO301.1
Sub (box type) - JBL CS1204B

Front components - Infinity Kappa 50.7cs
Rear Co-ax - ?

Many people suggested that if I have Kappa front components, it is better to go for Kappa rears. I could not find a suitable one yet.......

Can someone advise, if this makes for a good setup in a New Honda City (NHC) GXi?

Also please advise on the rears part...

Thanks a lot!!!
clearmusiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 01:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmusiclover View Post
Front components - Infinity Kappa 50.7cs
Rear Co-ax - ?

Many people suggested that if I have Kappa front components, it is better to go for Kappa rears. I could not find a suitable one yet.......!!
1. why not the 60.7 it fits just as well. and the 62.7 for the rear.

2. kappa is less available than the reference series which is cheaper so be prepared to look hard for kappa.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote