Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 16:27   #16
BHPian
 
ankit_chd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 262
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
The below are the list of things that were installed. All the prices below are negotiated price
1) Sony XAV 712BT - Rs 29,000/-
2) SX4 Bracket(plastics that sync with the current interiors) - Rs.1200/-
3) SX4 power socket assembly - This was required so that the original wires are not cut - Rs. 600/-
4) Night Vision Camera - Rs.1500/-
5) Installation Charges - Rs. 400/-

This were the best price quoted to me. However, i finally managed to get them all installed at a price of Rs. 29,000/-. He did not give me the individual pricing of each of them but did the whole job for that price.

.

Sony XAV 712BT is available at 25k on snap deal. I just cross checked it on google.
ankit_chd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 17:48   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Sony XAV 712BT is available at 25k online snap deal. I just cross checked it on google.
Before purchasing, I saw the same product for a price lesser than 25k online. However, when it comes to an audio install, i would want to go the local authorized dealer because of the ease of setup as well as service. it also gives me a good feel of the product and i have open option of changing to another product after i do a trial and error after installation.

Another important factor to consider was the below Clause in the terms and condition on the Sony India Website(http://www.sony.co.in/product/xav-712bt)

"Attention: Warranty will be only valid when warranty card and original purchase invoice are presented together for service. Sony has not authorized any On-line sellers for car audio products"

Did not want to take a product and worry about the warranty later.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2016, 21:26   #18
BHPian
 
Dr.AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore/Pune
Posts: 428
Thanked: 1,091 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Thanks Sunshine! I went ahead with Sony 712BT. There was no real reason for this choice but it so happened that the dealer i went to was a authorized Sony dealer and a couple of other folks who work with Toyota & Maruti Accessories stores recommended Sony over Pioneer. Another reason was a sweet deal. I got the HU, The SX4 Fitments Plate, The SX4 connector unit & the Night Vision Camera, all at a price of Rs.29,000/-. This was the price which included all the one's that i have mentioned. The Pioneer was prices at 23500+everything else, which would anyways cost me about 27000/-

I am very happy with this system and quiet impressed by the quality of sound. There is very little lag which is of acceptable level. Overall, a good purchase for now
Thanks joelchandra for this info. I am also looking at Sony 712BT for my SX4. Since you installed this on SX4, I would appreciate if you could please give me a bit more info on this. My specific questions are: 1. Could you get the steering controls in SX4 to work with this? 2. Could you connect the rear USB to the stock USB port in the car? The Maruti accessories person told me that it is not possible to connect the rear USB to the stock USB port, and instead, they would give a new connection in the glovebox. Any other inputs will also be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 11:54   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Thanks joelchandra for this info. I am also looking at Sony 712BT for my SX4. Since you installed this on SX4, I would appreciate if you could please give me a bit more info on this. My specific questions are: 1. Could you get the steering controls in SX4 to work with this? 2. Could you connect the rear USB to the stock USB port in the car? The Maruti accessories person told me that it is not possible to connect the rear USB to the stock USB port, and instead, they would give a new connection in the glovebox. Any other inputs will also be highly appreciated. Thanks.
1. Could you get the steering controls in SX4 to work with this?
Yes. However, there was some connector which he said will cost about Rs 2700/- and i did not want to spend that much.

2. Could you connect the rear USB to the stock USB port in the car?
I am not sure since my car was a 2007 model and did not have a USB.

The Maruti accessories person told me that it is not possible to connect the rear USB to the stock USB port, and instead, they would give a new connection in the glovebox. Any other inputs will also be highly appreciated

The unit came with 2 USB wires. Out of that one is a high charge cable. Also remember that this device will not allow all the phones to be connected through Mirrorlink. Please check the Mirrorlink website to see the compatibility.

They also gave me a HDMI to USB (MHL). However, it never worked for me.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 10:06   #20
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 569
Thanked: 677 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
HI All,

Finally I decided on Pioneer 7" Touchscreen 5790BT in my car for two
reasons
Hello,

I am planning to get the same for my Figo, how has the HU been holding up so far? Hope no issues at all
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 16:32   #21
BHPian
 
Sunsh!nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Hello,

I am planning to get the same for my Figo, how has the HU been holding up so far? Hope no issues at all
Go for the HU with closed eyes. I have noticed though there are Touchscreen HUs in Pioneer offering almost same features for a difference of 6-8K, the touch isnt all that great and needs a heavy touch to use the HUs. Remote is always the better option. Guess this is where the quality and feel of the product would be different. Though 5790/5890 is good.

Recently heard JVC is coming up with good top of the line with competitive features in their touchscreen series at competitive prices compared to Pioneer touchscreens. If you are not in hurry then I would suggest you to check out the JVC.

Compared to Pioneer, I feel the JVC bass is much sweeter and smoother since I have used a JVC before in one of my cars. If you have heard any touchscreen of JVC or good single din.

May I know what kind of setup you are planning for better suggestions ? Budget, taste of music, kind of setup etc.,

Last edited by Sunsh!nes : 8th March 2016 at 16:33. Reason: adding info - corrections
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 20:27   #22
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 569
Thanked: 677 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post

May I know what kind of setup you are planning for better suggestions ? Budget, taste of music, kind of setup etc.,
I plan to retain the stock speakers in my Figo, which are 5*7's.

Current playlist includes Jagjit, Mohd Rafi, AC-DC, Queen, Billboard top 100 and Malayalam Classical's.

I plan on a set-up with little emphasis on bass and a balanced mid and highs.

Looking to spend around 25K for the HU.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:13   #23
BHPian
 
Sunsh!nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I plan to retain the stock speakers in my Figo, which are 5*7's.

Current playlist includes Jagjit, Mohd Rafi, AC-DC, Queen, Billboard top 100 and Malayalam Classical's.

I plan on a set-up with little emphasis on bass and a balanced mid and highs.

Looking to spend around 25K for the HU.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
You might spend from 23-25K for the HU if you are going for 5790/5890 though both are same model. I doubt whether you can get a good quality bass without upgrading the stock speakers to something more decent like MTX, Cerwin Vega, Morel(entry level), Audison etc., lot of good quality speakers are available in different price brackets. Check with a good installer. My experience says the stock speakers will not be able to sound good if your emphasis is on bass and good mid base. However, The speakers might under perform compared to the capacity of the player. When you are willing to spend upto 25K for the HU, spend something like 10-15K on good set of component speakers(front) and coaxials at the rear parcel tray or door, you will much more happy and satisfied with the total output. A good matching of power rating and quality speaker will deliver a better sound stage and quality without an AMP. IMHO, change the stock speakers as you will start observing details in music with this HU. The stock speakers has limitations in terms of sound quality when you push volumes higher unless you reduce the levels of tuning. When this is done there is no point of spending 25K rather any economically priced Kenwood or JVC or Pioneer single din can do the job(priced between 7-12k).

This HU has very good clarity in terms of overall sound stage and has time alignment and listening position selection too. Its an entirely different level of personalised listening based on your seating position. All this cannot be achieved well with the stock speakers. However even if you change the stock speakers, the look remains stock without anything being seen. This is just my opinion, Give it a try and see the clarity, if you feel its good enough go ahead with stock.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:28   #24
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 569
Thanked: 677 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Give it a try and see the clarity, if you feel its good enough go ahead with stock.
I meant I am not very particular about the bass. The bass if any, should compliment the mid base and the highs and not overpower the others. The tracks that I listen to frequently don't have much in terms of dhink chak!

I will give your suggestion a try, shall change the HU alone at first, run it for sometime and then if I still feel like I want it better than go for better components & co-axials.

The reason I went for a 25K HU is because I was looking at the Sony 712 BT which supports navigation with a separate accessory, then looked at an equivalent Pioneer HU and came up with this.

Last edited by batterylow : 8th March 2016 at 21:29. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 22:30   #25
BHPian
 
Sunsh!nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I meant I am not very particular about the bass. The bass if any, should compliment the mid base and the highs and not overpower the others. The tracks that I listen to frequently don't have much in terms of dhink chak!

I will give your suggestion a try, shall change the HU alone at first, run it for sometime and then if I still feel like I want it better than go for better components & co-axials.

The reason I went for a 25K HU is because I was looking at the Sony 712 BT which supports navigation with a separate accessory, then looked at an equivalent Pioneer HU and came up with this.
You can try it. But still at some point in time you would listen to some good songs with good base like hiphop or latest Hindi songs or latest songs in any language. Only reason I said so was incase you listen to new songs then the sound stage and clarity should be good.

I would suggest you wait for sometime. JVC is coming up with good HUs in touchscreen at a very competitive price considering the features. Some features for which you might have to use a WIFI in the car which is enables for screen mirroring and navigation. If you have any contacts please check with JVC guys or the company itself. Its an insider information, not sure about it in facts, but they are launching this is for sure. You can get more for less.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 22:39   #26
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 569
Thanked: 677 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
You can try it..... You can get more for less.
Ok, I will wait for some time then. Hopefully the insider info turns out correct.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 00:32   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
The below are the list of things that were installed. All the prices below are negotiated price
1) Sony XAV 712BT - Rs 29,000/-
2) SX4 Bracket(plastics that sync with the current interiors) - Rs.1200/-
3) SX4 power socket assembly - This was required so that the original wires are not cut - Rs. 600/-
4) Night Vision Camera - Rs.1500/-
5) Installation Charges - Rs. 400/-

This were the best price quoted to me. However, i finally managed to get them all installed at a price of Rs. 29,000/-. He did not give me the individual pricing of each of them but did the whole job for that price.
.
Hi could you post some pictures of this please?

I'm thinking of upgrading the HU in my SX4 too. The Pioneer site recommends the 5890BT for the SX4.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:31   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer 7" Touchscreen AVH-X5790BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hi could you post some pictures of this please?

I'm thinking of upgrading the HU in my SX4 too. The Pioneer site recommends the 5890BT for the SX4.
I will do that in a couple of days. I was confused a lot when on a hunt for this audio system but settled on this basis the inputs i have received from various folks who use Sony and I am glad, i chose that. After using the system for about 4/6 months, here are the positives and negatives

Positives:
1) Brilliant Sound output
2) Very easy navigation
3) Very little lag
4) Better than the 612Bt as you get that additional screen which suits your car in a better way
5) Mirrorlink feature that works brilliantly with my HTC M8.
6) Has option for 2 USB Drives; 1 HDMI & 1 MHL
7) Out of the Two USB, one is a high power charge and the other one is a normal one
8) All the cables are away from the unit (Inside the glove box) - Makes the unit look neat

Not so good Stuff:-

1) My biggest dislike is that the system plays only AVI & MP4. This is really bad. I always have to convert my favorite movie into these formats before playing
2) Mirrorlink - While this has little to do with the Sony Brand but efforts should be made by Sony to get as many systems into Mirrorlink as possible.
3) MHL Does not work for me. I have tries multiple things but failed to get the MHL work. Just left it after multiple efforts
4) Dont find the need of HDMI cable. May be some phones have that feature but the regular Samsung/Iphone/HTC. Did not try Sony phone though

I will post some snaps shortly.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:22   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
straight6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,342
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Do the steering controls work with the Pioneers and other brands as they claim or does it require some extra modules? I would like to retain them in the SX4.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:34   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 113
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Review: Pioneer AVH-X5790BT 7" Touchscreen Head-Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Do the steering controls work with the Pioneers and other brands as they claim or does it require some extra modules? I would like to retain them in the SX4.
I was given an option in XAV 712BT. However, the cost of the module that was quoted was about Rs. 2700/-. They were also clear that all the functions might not work perfectly. The one that would work for sure was the volume and mute button and i was told the rest was doubtful. I did not go with this as my car is an old lady and fixing 2700/- just for the volume control did not look like a good deal for me.

Honestly, i miss it but then still going with my brain on this one.

Last edited by joelchandra : 2nd April 2016 at 15:00.
joelchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dearth of OEM Touchscreen Head-unit vendors in India? GTO In-Car Entertainment 50 26th May 2015 20:35
Pioneer Head Unit Errors. Error 11 and error 17 in pioneer MP3 rajivanoj In-Car Entertainment 32 10th December 2013 17:07
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD or Pioneer DEH-P7900BT abhisheksircar In-Car Entertainment 32 7th December 2009 05:52
Price of Pioneer AVH-XXXXDVD Head units. rajeevrs In-Car Entertainment 10 4th August 2007 14:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks