Default Re: ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna

Agree, not to what the dealer is trying to push
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Usually these are Lpads for the HF driver (somewhere in the 4k+ range). It might not change the aggressiveness of a midrange but will roll of the highs and offer some respite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
It wont change the basic sound signature of a speaker. Moreover, may be its only me, I dont like the signal to be manipulated in between.
Guy's I just got a mail from my dealer and I guess I misinterpreted what he told me and caused this confusion. Please see below for his complete quote on the different brand speakers. Hope this clarifies everything.

Quote:
Since the context of your posts seems to be mis-directing readers, we wanted to bring this to your notice so that you can have it corrected.

When you came to use for advice for choosing speakers for your car, we gave you several options. Morel, Flux, Audiofrog, Rainbow, Focal etc. Now each of these brands have their "distinct sound signature" and we will try to explain it once again to the best of our abilities so that there is no room for mis-interpretation.

To begin with, mid-level to hi-end Rainbow speakers have a Neutral signature. By neutral, we mean the speakers are neither too "laid back" (boring as some call it) or too "bright" (detailed as some call it). Given this inherent sound signature, depending on the rest of the chain of equipments like HU, amps, etc and using a bit of EQ the Rainbow speakers can be made to sound a little laid back or if you choose made to sound a little on the dynamic side without significantly deteriorating the sound quality.

The lower end Morels on the other hand are a bit on the dynamic side, but as you go towards the higher end models, they tend to get laid back. In your case however, the Kenwood HU you have purchased is on the bright side, so when paired to Morels the HU will make these speakers sound a bit bright/dynamic. A music system is the sum of all the equipments put together and one must look at the whole system together than just individual items.

Flux speakers don't like unwanted EQ to increase the highs (increasing EQ is never a good thing, we must add) and by doing so, you take them out of the comfort zone and thus we don't recommend it.

Focals on the other end are bright out of the box. And when paired with the Kenwood HU you have, these can get quite fatiguing over long listening periods and hence weren't recommended based on your requirements. And when you try to EQ down the Focals, they lose quite a lot of details and seem out of their comfort zone.

We are authorised dealers for all of the above brands and we speak from experiences of having installed 100s of these speakers from all of the above brands for years.

TS parameters don't tell you the sound signature of a speaker, however the Frequency Response Curve can tell you a bit about how the speaker might sound. We prefer clients like you to listen and let your ears do the picking, which is why we offer clients to audition the sets we have with us in stock before deciding (something not many shops will allow you to do).

We are a professional outfit, committed to providing our clients some of the best sounding products available in this country, with an install befitting the products we sell and tuning methods that only a handful of outfits in this country employ. Every install we do, is tuned using an RTA.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 21:54   #93
BHPian

Good that your dealer talks some sense now, but seems to have no idea about what he talks about and contradicting some of the facts. The dealer is trying to create a fog with all the bla bla audio terms without even knowing anything about what those terms are and how are they used in audio industry, thats the whole point of this confusion, seems he is defining them in his own understanding. Moreover he is still trying to make you believe that a (or some) speaker can be made laidback with EQing...!!!

Anyways its good that he offers an option to audition and believe your ears, not the dealer's words. Moreover keep your expectations realistic and stick to the budget as spending beyond a point in car audio wont give you anything.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 5th November 2015 at 21:59.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 13:11   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good that your dealer talks some sense now, but seems to have no idea about what he talks about and contradicting some of the facts.

Anyways its good that he offers an option to audition and believe your ears, not the dealer's words. Moreover keep your expectations realistic and stick to the budget as spending beyond a point in car audio wont give you anything.
The frequency response curve of a speaker obviously cannot change but if a speaker is bright and one adds an EQ that reduces the high frequencies the total frequency response curve of THE SYSTEM will change.

What matters is the frequency response curve of THE SYSTEM not the SPEAKER. We listen to a SYSTEM not just a speaker - the head unit, the amp, any other processing and the speaker and the environment (in this case the car's cabin).

What I don't understand is what the dealers mean by pushing speakers outside their comfort zone. For the bass it makes a lot of sense and all dynamic transducers have physical limitations as to how much they can move and still be linear (aka without significant distortion). For the HF the frequency response curve depends on a whole lot of parameters that start with the materials and the construction of the drivers involved.

All good speakers have a pretty wide "comfort zone".

Another term the dealer is using loosely is 'dynamic'. Dynamic and Bright are not the same thing. Dynamics refers to the difference between the loudest and softest the speaker can reproduce. Brightness is well brightness (aka quantity of high frequency signal being reproduced).

Similarly there are other mix ups in terms used. I chalk this up to a lack in communication skills. Which is why I had always insisted that you listen to the components you are buying. And stick to only those that you have been able to audition.
navin is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 16:49   #95
BHPian

To be honest, navin, the dealer is talking BS by pretending to know a lot and do something big to get a customer. I am always against EQing to get the basics correct, it will be at a cost on the SQ (since the other components in the chain are decent enough). Hope Stan could find a decent setup, please update on the progress.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 17th November 2015 at 16:54.
::CMS:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:19   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope Stan could find a decent setup, please update on the progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Which is why I had always insisted that you listen to the components you are buying. And stick to only those that you have been able to audition.
Thanks a lot for the advise guys. So I finally got my last equipment for the build which is my favourite Focal 165 FX speakers , this is an EISA award winning speaker, I'm so excited and dying to hook it up ASAP. Can't wait to start my trip to Bangalore now

I'm sorry for the poor pic of the speakers as it was taken on my phone. Will be posting the build thread here with HQ DSLR pics later during installation.

I'm truly stunned seeing and feeling such high quality speakers in my hands. Maybe it's because it's the first time I'm accustomed to such speakers but the build and finish is just stunning. I hope they sound as good as they look though.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1050.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1052.jpg

The 165 FX on top and 165 AS at the bottom

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1057.jpg

The 165 AS on the left and 165 FX on the right. I thought the AS looked good until I saw the FX, which was just awesome.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1058.jpg

The 165 FX on the right is slightly bigger and heavier.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1059.jpg

The 165 AS with it's DFS or Dual Fiber glass structure cone.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1060.jpg

165 AS backside.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1061.jpg

The highly acclaimed flax cone of the 165 FX.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1062.jpg

Notice the attention to detail. SN engraved on the Butyl surround. Neat !

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1064.jpg

The 165 FX's rear is just so soft and nice unlike the 165 AS. The magnet is just so smooth, never seen anything like this before.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img_1066.jpg

So here is the list of equipment's that will go into this build.

1) Kenwood DDX 515 BTM Head Unit

2) Rainbow Beat 1 + mono amplifier

3) Gladen RS 12 Subwoofer

4) Mosconi 100.4 AS white 4 channel amplifier. This is also another EISA award winning product.

5) Focal 165 AS rear speakers

6) Focal 165 FX front speakers

7) Dampmat Exceed 1 box.

I'm just getting too anxious now and can't wait to leave. Oh God, it's been too long and I just hope it sounds good when this is all installed.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 23rd November 2015 at 23:26. Reason: Forgot to mention all the equipments
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 12:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Re: ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna

My trip is on hold due to the poor weather down south . I pray and hope the weather improves, not for my benefit but the scores of people suffering due to this natural disaster.
Old 10th December 2015, 23:03   #98
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Christmas is much earlier for me this year , will post the build log soon.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-1.jpg
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 21:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Default Fluidic Verna ICE'd - Mosconi+Rainbow+ Gladen+Focal+Kenwood+Dampmat+AIV

First of all really sorry guy's for not updating this thread sooner with the build log as I was super busy with New year,Christmas and some personal work. For compensating that I do have a lot of pics though

Anyways I'll give a brief of how it all started for those who don't want to get bored reading the first few pages. It all started around the 2nd week of August 2015 when I felt the music system in my car definitely sucked and it needed an immediate upgrade with a budget of 20-25k.

The plan was very simple, swap out the stock weak stuff's such as speakers in the car with some good old stuff's I had from my other car like a sub and an Amp and buy new speakers just for the front and connect it all to the stock head unit by way of Hi-Low converter. Simple right ? Well not quite, I actually wanted the car to sound a lot better than it actually was but after doing ton's of research ( over many months )and with a lot of help from Navin, my way was not going to get me what I really wanted with my ICE build (which was good SQ with good Bass).

End result I sold all the old stuff's and got everything completely new, changed even the head unit. There is no 2 ways about it, like Navin told me "your music system is only as good as the weakest link". Eventually like all who get bit by the ICE bug, I over shot my budget pretty quickly too- but deep down I consoled myself by saying, hey in the end it may sound much better with the extra expense.

If you see my previous posts you'll know I did most of my shopping online and some through Harmonixx because I don't have any good dealers nearby to audition or do anything at all. I don't know if it's luck or if the courier service in our country has improved, but I was happy and surprised to see all my toy's arriving safely. Also if you are on a tight budget please be patient and look for online deals, they are a way lot cheaper than what you buy from some dealers and they are authentic and carry invoice and warranty as well. Just make sure you confirm with the seller before purchase, as the prices are really yummy which most dealers can not match so obviously they say stuff's like they don't honor warranty etc. BS, because you can always return it if it's broke( not literally ) under warranty.

So let's get on with the pics shall we.

UNBOXING

All the Goodies

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-1.jpg

The Mosconi's stylish AS 100.4, 4 Channel amplifier - She's so elegant, instantly fell in love the moment I saw her. She's not all beauty too you know, she's won the Best amplifier EISA award in 2011.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-15.jpg

Uncovered ( or undressed ) the 100.4 AS

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-18.jpg

100.4 AS rear side

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-12.jpg

The fan is housed here, which is super silent BTW

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-16.jpg

The cooling fins on the left bottom

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-17.jpg

Focal 165 AS tweeters and crossovers

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-4.jpg

The Focal 165 AS speakers Front.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-5.jpg

The Focal 165 AS speakers Back.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-6.jpg

I thought the build quality of the 165 AS was good. Of course it only lasted till I received my 165 FX which completely blew the AS out of the water. BTW the 165 FX also won the best speaker EISA award in 2014.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-7.jpg

The stunning 165 FX mid bass build quality.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-26.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-8.jpg

Check out the neat attention to detail, with country of origin and serial number.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-9.jpg

165 FX rear, awesome built.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-25.jpg

The Rainbow Beat 1+ mono channel amplifier

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-19.jpg

Nice clean finish on top

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-20.jpg

Input side

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-21.jpg

Output side

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-22.jpg

The mighty Gladen RS 12 Subwoofer

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-23.jpg

See the huge magnet and awesome build quality

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-24.jpg

Coming up next is the Build Log
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 23:10   #100
Senior - BHPian

Default Fluidic Verna ICE'd - Build Log

Now on to the most anticipated Build Log.

First the Doors were completely stripped. The door pads, plastic cover and speakers removed.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-b.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-c.jpg

The Dampmat Exceed 9's were cut into shape to be stuck on the inner and outer side of the doors.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-d.jpg

The Dampmats stuck on the inner side of the doors.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-e.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-f.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-g.jpg

Then the Dampmat's were stuck on the outerside of the doors.\, just enough to cover the holes.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-h.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-i.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-j.jpg

The rear seats removed completely

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-k.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-l.jpg

The stock head unit removed

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-m.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-n.jpg

The MDF plank being measured that will hold both the amplifiers plus cross overs

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-o.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-p.jpg

The MDF is then covered with a foam and carpeted in black to match the boot interior.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-q.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-r.jpg

The inner door pads being stuck with a carpet like material to reduce vibrations.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-s.jpg

Now damping the Boot. First the inner side of the boot was damped

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-t.jpg

Second the outer side was damped. This is where my damping material got over and they put their cheap damping sheet. This was my mistake, his cheap is not actually cheap cost wise. The installers cost for these sheets
were equal to my damp mat Exceeds ( which is actually supposed to be more expensive than these STP's ). Anyways just remember buy your own sheets, it's much better and cheaper than what an installer would give you.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-u.jpg

Then the boot was coated with a foam like material

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-v.jpg

Finally the boot was carpeted to match

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-w.jpg

The rear parcel tray being damped, foamed and carpeted

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-x.jpg

The wiring. It should be noted that the Power cables and speaker cables were not drawn together but were on totally opposite sides to avoid any kind of interference.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-y.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-a1.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-a2.jpg

All wires were neatly zip-tied

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-a3.jpg

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-a4.jpg
Old 29th January 2016, 23:53   #101
Senior - BHPian

Default Fluidic Verna ICE'd - Build Log

If you see my earlier posts you can see how big the 165 FX speakers were compared to 165 AS. Well that size was a big problem for the guy's as they were struggling to fit the 165 FX in the front, it was so huge they needed to use two 1 inch MDF rings to place it on the door. Then they struggled to fit the door pad too in the front and only managed after they shaved of a little speaker cover protruding plastic from it.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z1.jpg

A foam covers the rings to avoid moisture from seeping in. I'm not really sold on this as I did manage to see some water droplets on my speakers once I washed my doorpad. There is a water guard which you can purchase which I'm sure would be much better.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z2.jpg

The 165 AS on the other hand just needed one 1 inch MDF ring to fit in.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z4.jpg

The amplifiers and crossovers fitted on the plank

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z5.jpg

The Kenwood 515BTM finally fitted. Please note you need a dash kit which you need to buy separately so that your new head unit can easily fit in the stock position. I bought it from a guy called Hani online. The installer also sells it, but I found out that it's too expensive from both these sources, it is cheaper to get it locally in some cities as per some customers. So please search before you buy as some sell it for as cheap as 800 bucks, where as these guy's charge like 2000 bucks

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z6.jpg

So this is how the HU looks after the install.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z7.jpg

This the Sub in sealed subwoofer box

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z8.jpg

Everything else such as speakers both front and rear are in stock location. The front tweeters are in the stock location while the rear tweeters are placed on the pillars just behind the drivers seat such a way it does not interfere with the front sound stage.

In the end after everything was over they did a tuning by hearing and it sounded really good. I was pleased, but he again went and did something called an RTA tuning by placing some mic in the front. To be quite honest this was not at all necessary as I was pleased with their first tuning itself and did not feel any difference at all after this tune. If they are going to charge you extra for such a tune, please just avoid it.

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-z9.jpg

I will post a feedback on my system and also on the Installer experience tomorrow. Hit me with any questions you have guy's cheers.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 09:47   #102
BHPian

Default Re: Fluidic Verna ICE'd - Mosconi+Rainbow+ Gladen+Focal+Kenwood+Dampmat+AIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
The Mosconi's stylish AS 100.4, 4 Channel amplifier - She's so elegant, instantly fell in love the moment I saw her. She's not all beauty too you know, she's won the Best amplifier EISA award in 2011.
Indeed the Mosconi design language is fantastic. Very very beautiful amplifier.
I hope you will not come across any of the reliability issues that have plagued some mosconi owners in India, primary reason why I decided to go Zapco Z-LX line myself for the front stage.
stanjohn123 I'm looking forward to your final feedback after the curves are set in!
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 10:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fluidic Verna ICE'd - Mosconi+Rainbow+ Gladen+Focal+Kenwood+Dampmat+AIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Indeed the Mosconi design language is fantastic. Very very beautiful amplifier.
I hope you will not come across any of the reliability issues that have plagued some mosconi owners in India, primary reason why I decided to go Zapco Z-LX line myself for the front stage.
stanjohn123 I'm looking forward to your final feedback after the curves are set in!
Oh man, I didn't know about it's reliability issues. The dealer told me that since the price has reduced now the distributor has also reduced the warranty period from 1 year to 6 months. So maybe this was the real reason behind the drop in warranty period , more money for the dealer.
Old 30th January 2016, 13:24   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Oh man, I didn't know about it's reliability issues. The dealer told me that since the price has reduced now the distributor has also reduced the warranty period from 1 year to 6 months. So maybe this was the real reason behind the drop in warranty period , more money for the dealer.
Oh please don't let what I've said upset you. There were also a few people, as per my dealer, who bought Mosconi AS series amplifiers when they first came out a few years ago and still are using it with no issues. My dealer (Car Audio - FM Drive (Santacruz, Bombay)) isn't a distributor/importer for any brand so he gives me unbiased feedback on things based on his and his clients experiences, so I thought I'd chip in. As for the reliability issues, It is allegedly due to our countries tropical climatic conditions.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your new setup : ).

Last edited by Maky : 30th January 2016 at 13:27.
Maky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 19:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

So how does it SOUND ?

To be quite honest I was very very anxious until my setup's installation and tuning was completed. This was because I did not audition any of the products that I purchased and made my purchases only based on a lot of online reviews, owner's, dealer and our own Sir Navin's feedback and towards the end CMS's help as well. The dealer also on one hand was totally discouraging my purchase of the Focals saying that it would be too bright even after the tune( He even showed me an RTA tune to justify his point ).

So obviously I was a little worried if all this was going to be pure waste of hard earned money if it does not sound good in the end.

But once I listened to it right after the install I was so relieved and happy that it sounded good. I mean it sounded good right out of the box even before tuning it. After the tuning, it was just perfect, sound stage was good and the rear components did not interfere with the front at all.

The Focal 165 FX are true class speakers, the mid bass pounds so hard I feel if it wasn't for the damping, my door pads would have rattled like crazy. Also these tweeters are not bright as my dealer suggested in the beginning, after the install he didn't say anything, so I guess he agrees that it sounds neutral too. There could be few reasons for this. First it could be because of the Mosconi Amps powering it, which is supposed to be a neutral amplifier. Secondly the 165 FX in reviews at least were said to sound totally different compared to their regular speakers, in that they sound quite neutral.

The Kenwood 515BTM head unit is not really top of the line in the kenwood range but it's pretty good. It doesn't have any lag and the user interface isn't that bad at all. Only negative I found was, when you have polaroid glass's on you can't read the menu's clearly. Also the screen seems a little washed out if sunlight hits it directly.

As per the dealer I also found out that only few Pioneer HU ranges in India support 3 way active speakers, now that's cool. It's really handy if you're planning on setting up 3 way speakers in front.

The Gladen RS 12 sub hits hard too but you won't hear the chest thumping bass in front because I didn't cut holes in the rear parcel tray. I'm planning to do this much later since I'm pretty content with the Bass for now. 2 reason's why I didn't cut holes now 1) I didn't feel like cutting the rear metal parts under the parcel tray just yet. 2) I have a baby in the car sometimes, so didn't want it to affect her.

The only problem now are my audio files, MP3 320 Kbps and FLAC files just don't do it any justice. The dealer played some loss less WAV files and the music was just amazing. So I guess I need to start collecting new Wav songs from now on.

Anyway's me and my friends who have listened to it are mighty impressed, mind you this is even before the speakers have run-in, no holes in the rear parcel tray and just ordinary 320 Kbps audio files. I may have just been lucky

Damage to WALLET

1) Focal 165 AS - 11,500 Rs
2) Focal 165 FX - 29,500 Rs
3) Kenwood DDX 515 BTM - 30,000 Rs
4) Rainbow Beat 1+ - 18,692 Rs
5) Gladen RS 12 - 13,570 Rs
6) Mosconi 100.4 AS - 39,190 Rs
7) AIV DB - 757 Rs
8) AIV 8 AWG wiring kit - 2,372 Rs
9) AIV cosmic RCA 4 Channel - 1,692 Rs
10) 1 Box Dampmat Exceed 9 - 11,000 Rs
11) Dash Kit - 2,000 Rs
12) Installation charges - 16,000 Rs
13) Extra cables + Mats + Sub socket + Damping - 7,000 Rs
14) Travel Expense ( To Bangalore ) - 7,000 Rs

Grand Total Damage - 1,90,273 Rs ( Please don't ask what was my initial budget again )

Dealer / Installer Experience :

The dealer experience was quite a mixed bag to be honest.

I really appreciated the fact that he is on whatsapp 24X7 and clears all your doubts no matter what time you message him. But he tends to skew and highlight more of the stuffs he likes more and discourages what you think might be nice. So my suggestion, try to talk to more people like Navin and CMS here and get more opinions so you get a much clearer idea.

He say's he has a lot of brands with him for auditioning but definitely this is subject to the item's availability with him at that time. I'm doubtful if he will honestly let you audition the speaker that you have on your mind so best bet is to audition it in your friend's cars.

When it came to purchasing items from him, he has some really good stuff's but it's priced high and he start's giving discounts only when you buy many other items from him. He doesn't like me negotiating but he wouldn't price his item lower than others too, yeah go figure that one out. The same items purchased from motorheader.com separately was cheaper and they deliver it to your house as well and they have warranty too. But again the advantage here is he explains about each item to you and also gives warranty. He told me that he had repaired some customers stuff's out of warranty as a good will gesture. If this is true, it's worth that extra little cash.

My worst experience was when he started pricing the items as per his wish especially when it came to the pricing of the Gladen RS 12 sub. First he told me that the price was increased and told 17 K before the item even landed in India and said if the item is priced lesser he will refund the amount back. I later found out that the price on motorheader was much cheaper and informed him. He immediately spoke to the distributor and said the price is lower and I would just need to pay that much ( 12K i think ). Later just before I was supposed to pay him, he told me that Motorheader got the prices wrong and they were asked by the distributor to change it on their website, which was the case and the price increased to 14K. It is clearly a case of monopolizing and convincing the distributor to fluctuate the prices as per his wish and the items demand, which was really pathetic. How I can justify this is, the box I received had an MRP of 12K and my dealer blatantly just struck it off with a pen and wrote the new higher MRP on it. Yup, very authentic

Also he wouldn't say the pricing and installation charges clearly. I'm also at fault here because I didn't enquire about it clearly too since I thought in the installation charges of 16K most things would be covered. Unfortunately I was wrong and once I landed there I had a cough up some more cash for some extra work and stuff's which he didn't inform me earlier even after I asked him. He said I wouldn't need to pay a single penny apart from the extra wiring, which was not the case.

So such things really spoiled the good experience I had with him. Although he insists it's very customer oriented, such things tell a very different story and creates a bad image for the distributor as well.

Anyways now to the Installer. Their job was really good. Really neat job , no scratch's on any of my items , very good wiring etc. And as promised they worked only on my car that day. One negative would be they soiled my seats and did not clean it after the work was done, apart from that their work was top notch, but then again my install was a pretty straight forward and simple one so I'm not sure if their installation charges( 16K + 7k ) were entirely justified. .It was very expensive and there was very little room for negotiation. Anyways I didn't know anywhere else they do it better and cheaper than this so that's that.

I hope this helps someone who is interested in satisfying their ICEing bug. A big shout out to Navin Sir, CMS and also dealer (to some extent) who helped me a lot at some important junctures where I would have surely bought something else owing to dealer pressure and my wrong decisions. Really thanks a lot guys.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote